Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia’s Anthem: Update 20.2.0

[DE]Megan

9 minutes ago, CaesarSaladin said:

I've been trying for the past several minutes but my launcher won't download the update and it keeps failing. Is anyone else having this problem?

My launcher was at a stand-still, saying "Checking for updates." This was my firewall blocking the DirectX updates. My computer had a prompt in the background that I didn't see pop up, asking if I was going to give the launcher permission. If you don't have that Windows prompt showing up, turn off your firewall and proceed with the update.

Edited by ControversyB

• Tweaked rewards for Caches in Void Sabotage missions so that the harder mission is more rewarding overall

I wonder what this means : / bet it is still not worth doing. 

• Fixed Ash being able to insta-kill the Juggernaut by doing a finisher. Finishers are unable to be performed on the Juggernaut/Juggernaut Behemoth. 

nice nerf fix. rip the last thing i used ash for. 

Welp thnx for the other stuff. 

8 minutes ago, nirvash3702 said:

what the i cant download the new update

Your firewall is probably blocking the DirectX updates. I had a Windows prompt asking for permissions that had popped up in the background. I didn't see it. I allowed the launcher to proceed, and the update came through. If you don't have a Windows prompt to give permissions to the launcher, turn off your firewall to proceed with the update.

Since update 20, Bodo syandana has not been hanging down properly on many if not all frames. it doesnt fall straight down, rather it rests in the air like theres an invisible surface supporting it.
It is a tennogen, meaning i spent real money on it, so kinda really disappointed when the update hit and i noticed this :(

2a8s0u0.jpg

35 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed Nezha’s Warding Grace Augment not ending when all Energy has been consumed.

What happened here? Nezha doesn't have an augment called Warding Grace...Warding Grace is an Amesha archwing ability. Nezha's Warding Halo (similar name) has an augment called Safeguard, but it's not channeled, so this shouldn't apply to it either. I'm guessing this is for Warding Grace, but if so, this note is really messed up. Please clarify what this is actually supposed to be.

I'm stuck in an endless loop: Launch Warframe (as Admin) -> Checking for Updates -> Updating DirectX Components (no mention of DirectX in the release notes, but I'll guess DirectX is involved in the resolution/display fixes) -> Launcher tells me Windows must be restarted to update -> Restart Windows -> Back to 1...

3x now.

Running Windows 10 64bit, Nvidia GTX980 Classified - latest drivers released 04/10/17...
My card is capable of running DX12, but last time I checked Warframe uses DX9.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Turning off Windows firewall gave me the exact same results as above.

What DID fix it was (right-clicking the Launcher icon and selecting) running Compatibility Checker. Windows chose Windows 8 compatibility mode, asked permission to update DirectX and everything seems fine though probably not optimal for Windows 10 64b, 3.47GHz Intel Xeon, 32GB Ram & EVGA GTX980 Classified... Oh well. Party on, Wayne. :highfive:

Edited by I_am_Mr_E
Updated info

40 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Locked doors will now appear as ‘off’ (no color) instead of glowing red. This was causing confusion for colorblind players.

Thank you! I think my teammates were quite tired of me investigating every single door, just in case.

---TO ANY AND ALL HAVING AN ISSUE DOWNLOADING THE UPDATE---

Part of the update is updating DirectX, which requires special permissions. My update was at a stand-still, until I noticed that a Windows prompt had popped up in the background asking for permissions for the launcher to continue. If you do not receive this prompt, disable your firewall to proceed with the update!

3 minutes ago, ControversyB said:

Your firewall is probably blocking the DirectX updates. I had a Windows prompt asking for permissions that had popped up in the background. I didn't see it. I allowed the launcher to proceed, and the update came through. If you don't have a Windows prompt to give permissions to the launcher, turn off your firewall to proceed with the update.

13 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

Nerf Ivara's navigator drain. Why should I lose 400+ energy in five seconds (even with +165% power efficiency) just because I pressed LMB to make it fly faster, meanwhile Ember casts an ult that kills everything in a massive radius and she can go for like 10 minutes straight.

Have you... uhh.. tried duration and efficiency? I can keep that thing up for days.