Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primary Weapon Stances: Disciplines

Serialkillerwhale

Disciplines are designed to subdivide current weapons into multiple different "Categories", and, rather than adding raw stats, incentivize playing to the "Fantasy" of different guns. For example, shooting a man through a wall with a Sniper Rifle, Unleashing your inner Rambo with a LMG, jumping around full gun-fu with a SMG, or shoving a big ol Shotgun right down an enemy's throat and pulling the trigger. These mods will in many cases, apply unique effects and abilities, and affect "Final" stats after all other mods have been applied rather than "Base" stats.

Lets begin

Assault Rifles: (Basic Fully automatic weapons, Eg Boltor, Braton, Karak Dera)

Spoiler

Storm Rifle: Enables firing while sprinting. Decreases Recoil. Assault rifles are relatively hard to make unique playstyles for, given they're the Jack of all trades gun, so I went with some basic utilities. Storm Rifle lets you advance on enemies rapidly while opening fire on them,

Veteran's Expertise: Increases reload speed, scoped-in accuracy, and movement speed while scoped. In comparison, Veteran's Expertise is for those of us who ADS constantly, with faster ADS speed to keep mobile while still being accurate.

Combat Rifles: (Burst Fire Rifles.Eg Burston, Tiberon, Hind)

Spoiler

Removed Limiter: Turns the rifle into a full-auto assault rifle. Decreased rate of fire. A common enough request. Removed Limiter changes the rifles to use their "mid-burst" rate of fire instead of their "between burst" one, hence the decreased RoF to avoid them becoming too powerful.

Skull Drill: Consecutive headshots increase headshot damage multiplier. This, on the other hand, is meant to incentivize putting alot of bullets on a precise target, "Drilling" into them for massive damage.

Repeating Rifles: (Semi-auto rifles. Eg Latron, Grinlok, Sybaris?)

Spoiler

Scout Rifle: Enemy Radar, Kills increase Wall Latch Duration and grant stealth during Wall Latch or on a Zipline. For less "Orothodox" firing locations and rewarding them. Gives you that "I'm a clever rascal" feel.

Designated Marksman: Enables sniper-style scope and zoom benefits. Who didn't want to add a scope to their Grinlok when they got it?

SMGS: (Smaller, lighter automatic primaries. Eg Grakata, Tetra).

Spoiler

Reflex Shot: Automatically aim-assists your bullets towards the closest target in a small area around your reticule. As this mode handles fine aiming for you, you can focus on jumping around and moving rather than precision. Go eat your Woo out.

Shadow Operative: Silences the weapon. Unalerted enemies damaged by it are silenced and cannot raise alarm for 3s while doing extra damage to them. Basically. It lets you SMG stealth. Not rocket science.

LMGS: (Large, High-capacity primaries, generally with Windup. Eg Tenora, Gorgon, Soma)

Spoiler

Volume of Fire: Overheat Mechanic (damage ramps up as you hold down the trigger), Increased ammo pickup rate. Keep shooting. There are no friendly civilians.

Combat Mobility: Decreased reload time, wind up. And for those who prefer being versatile and treating their gun as an oversized assault rifle.

Sniper Rifles: (You tell me)

Spoiler

Advanced Scope: Scope Highlights enemies through walls (Think Codex Scanner), massive punch-through until first non-object hit. Shoot a guy through a wall? Why not?

Snap Shot: Decreased hip-fire accuracy penalty. Rate of fire and reload speed increased while hipfiring. Incase you get tired of swapping to your secondary all the damned time.

Combat Shotguns: (Semi-auto and other nonautomatic action Shotguns Eg: Tigris, Hek, Drakgoon)

Spoiler

Heavy Slug: Replaces spray of buckshot with a single high-damage round with increased range, accuracy. Keep the shotgun firepower with none of the hassle involved.

Stopping Power: When fired, create a conical "Blast" that does a portion of the Shotgun's damage and has a guranteed Blast proc. Both the blast and projectiles can hit the same target and their damage stacks, allowing you to deal massive damage at point blank. They have huge guts? Rip and tear.

Assault Shotguns: (Hold down the trigger to fun Shotguns: Eg Boar, Sobek)

Spoiler

Tactical Choke: Range, Accuracy increase while zoomed in. Also known as: Tacticool Choke.

Street Sweeper: Shots have infinite punchthrough for a short distance after firing, pellet count raised w/o affecting damage or status chance (damage is redivided across more pellets). Upgrade to increase shredding distance. For mulching large hordes.

Explosive Launchers (Rocket/Grenade Firing weapons. Eg. Penta Ogris Opticor Tonkor).

Spoiler

Shaped Charge: Increased damage on direct impact. When overkill isn't enough.

Artillery Barrage: Decreased accuracy, Damage, increased Multishot. De-facto boosted splash radius.......but why do it the simple way?

Yes, I have more concepts. I'm just taking a break and posting this now because good god typing all these out in spoilers is a hassle and I'm just regurgitating old ideas at this point.

Edited by Serialkillerwhale

These are great ideas. I would like to add two for Snipers:

Spoiler

Trick Bullets: bullets bounce off surfaces they can't pierce (if they have punch trough) up to 5 times hitting random enemies (they keep the punch trough so a single shot may bounce kill various enemies by piercing a tight packed group)

Lights out: Snipers become silent and deal lethal damage on a headshot on an unalerted enemy.

I want to know what do you have in mind for other primaries.

16 hours ago, Serialkillerwhale said:

Removed Limiter: Turns the rifle into a full-auto assault rifle. Decreased rate of fire. A common enough request. Removed Limiter changes the rifles to use their "mid-burst" rate of fire instead of their "between burst" one, hence the decreased RoF to avoid them becoming too powerful.

Decrease firerate would not be necessary due to the low magazine they generally have.
Plus, you can already use macro to spam "fire" and use these weapon as full-auto and this ways would much more efficient than the stance.

20 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

These are great ideas. I would like to add two for Snipers:

Hide contents

Trick Bullets: bullets bounce off surfaces they can't pierce (if they have punch trough) up to 5 times hitting random enemies (they keep the punch trough so a single shot may bounce kill various enemies by piercing a tight packed group)

Lights out: Snipers become silent and deal lethal damage on a headshot on an unalerted enemy.

I want to know what do you have in mind for other primaries.

Lights out has potential, although I'm worried Trick Bullets might be overcomplicated/impractical.

3 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

Decrease firerate would not be necessary due to the low magazine they generally have.
Plus, you can already use macro to spam "fire" and use these weapon as full-auto and this ways would much more efficient than the stance.

No, I mean you literally don't have to shoot in bursts anymore. It just keeps firing rounds at a constant rate until you let go of the trigger.

Also, added Sniper and LMG disciplines. Still haven't thought of anything for bows yet........maybe that trick shot thing there? Call it Simple Geometry.

Edited by Serialkillerwhale

1 minute ago, Serialkillerwhale said:

Lights out has potential, although I'm worried Trick Bullets might be overcomplicated/impractical.

Trick Bullets wouldn't be that complicated, as we already have bouncing projectiles, it would jst turn any bullet into a glaive.

Anyway, the Advanced scope reminds me of the dude who shot 3 enemies with one bullet, and they were behind a wall.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19750_the-5-most-impossible-sniper-shots-ever-made.html

Which is sorta where I got the inspiration from :D. I meant overcomplicated as in, it'd be rather difficult to get much use out of it in most combat scenarios. I mean, the most "Out there" one I have currently is Scout rifle, and you could always just latch to the side of a hallway for that free stealth.

On 4/13/2017 at 3:24 AM, Nazrethim said:

Hide contents

I want to ask about this, does being asleep count as unalerted? Will this be like some sort of Covert Lethality on Snipers? If yes, Ivara and Equinox could be painfully OP, since you don't need to wait for Finisher animations.

I would like it though, since snipers are really lacking behind other weapons.

Edited by Gamma745

Just now, Gamma745 said:

I want to ask about this, does being asleep count as unalerted? Will this be like some sort of Covert Lethality on Snipers? If yes, Ivara and Equinox could be painfully OP, since you don't need to wait for Finisher animations.

If their radar marks are empty, then yes. But honestly, unless you get enough Punch trough to make 3-4 headshots with one round it wouldn't really be faster than Covert Lethality

Besides, we are talking PvE here, balance is a jenga tower of unbalanced and broken mechanics anyway.

5 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

If their radar marks are empty, then yes. But honestly, unless you get enough Punch trough to make 3-4 headshots with one round it wouldn't really be faster than Covert Lethality

I would slightly disagree on that, since I once headshotted about 6-8 enemies (I think) with Ivara's Sleep arrow, but can only stealth kill about 4 in the same duration. Okay, I were using the AkLex Prime, so maybe that's the reason.

7 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

Besides, we are talking PvE here, balance is a jenga tower of unbalanced and broken mechanics anyway.

I chuckled a bit on this, since I agree. The "late game" of level 200+ enemies are about cheesing the AI.

On 2017-04-16 at 6:53 AM, Nazrethim said:

I've made some pretty sturdy jenga towers while bored.

Got Launchers done. And that's all I came up with so far.

To be honest, Bows aren't my forte. What could be done with them? Ricocheting arrows like Nathrezim's Trick Bullets concept? Holding a multiple arrows in one's pulling hand (I don't know bow terms) for a "Magazine"? Elemental effect arrows?

My sugestions:

• Simple Geometry (you now what) would be nice for bow's but you should only trigger this effect at full charge (like Cernos Prime). Smaller arrows deal reduced dmg and number of smaller arrows isn't affected by multishot.
Spoiler

If you didn't connected the dots, here is THE explanation to "Simple Geometry": At full charge arrow splits in (10?) smaller arrows that goes in random opposite direction from point of impact.

• Consecutively fire 3 arrows. Also trigger this at Full Charge, Reduce movement speed wile fireing. 2nd and 3rd arrow are fireed at double the fire rate than 1st arrow ( ex: Charge rate of bow is 1.00 and Reload speed is 0.5. For 2nd and 3rd arrow those stats are Charge rate 0.5 and reload speed 0.25). You have shotgun bow and now you have burst bow
  • Fireing bow while cloacked increases fire rate of bows for 50%.