Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is wrong with rivens as sortie reward?

-CM-NineFingers

Something can't be right with riven chance on Sorties. In 80 days of daily sorties, I only got (at day 76) a single pistol riven. But I got anything else on the list at least 3 times, except the legendary core which only dropped once. The thing I want to say, is that in 80 days of daily sorties, I found as many rivens as legendary cores. May be bad luck, but I think the riven chance could use a boost. Trying to get one is already grindy as hell without that low, low, LOW drop chance.

2 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Damn you got a legendary core? I've been doing sorties since their release and still no legendary core. Been getting a lot of lenses lately. Actually 5/7 of my rewards last week were lenses. Kind of odd right?

I'm drowning in lenses too, I feel you.

Personally I just get too many boosters. Particularly affinity boosters, which to me are pretty useless. I mostly play long survivals, so booster or not whatever I bring is leveled. I'd prefer just getting more endo (and ofc rivens). Won't say no to catalysts and legendary cores though, obviously.

What @greymaniac said. I don't know how many sorties I've done (it's not really that many), but it's still easier to just buy the good items than hope RNGesus drops 'em for you. Last night I did the sortie and at the end, got the Endo reward, and said, "I really have no idea why I bother with these." I've received 2 Rivens total out of all the sorties I've done (only one of which was useful), and the rest has been endo and sculptures. 

Less hassle just to purchase / trade for rivens and such. 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

On 4/12/2017 at 0:44 PM, -CM-Limbo said:

Something can't be right with riven chance on Sorties. In 80 days of daily sorties, I only got (at day 76) a single pistol riven. But I got anything else on the list at least 3 times, except the legendary core which only dropped once. The thing I want to say, is that in 80 days of daily sorties, I found as many rivens as legendary cores. May be bad luck, but I think the riven chance could use a boost. Trying to get one is already grindy as hell without that low, low, LOW drop chance.

I know the feeling. In 40 days of sorties I've gotten 4k endo over 20 times!! Sculptures I've gotten about 8....and. ONE RIVEN!! The rest were assorted boosters and lenses. I'd like another method of acquiring rivens..... Once S#&$ty chance per day sucks. 

The biggest insult to me is that we need rivens to make weaker weapons viable but the rng behind rivens is insane so getting rivens realiably is next to impossible without great luck.Not to mention the kuva farming and the limited 15 slots unless you buy more for platinum.Instead of just buffing weaker weapons and making a decent tier list for low,mid and endgame weapons we get this mess of a system that has turned warframe into a gambling simulator.Not to mention the riven spam in trade chat

Edited by Gravitus123

I appreciate if at least the 2-stat rivens to be available through some other means, like alerts or purchased with lots of Kuva and/or ducats (and alloy, please take my alloy) from some Grineer/Corpus druggy in a seedy relay back hallway.   Naturally, platinum should be a method of purchasing riven mods.  Like, why pass on that opportunity?  That should alleviate some of the RNG issue with rivens from sorties, but otherwise, just because it's bronze on the chart doesn't necessarily mean its got a high drop chance.  It's just a color meant to be an indicator, but everything has an individual drop chance.  Rivens are on the low end.

Would be nice to have a choice at the end of every completed sortie:

1. Get a random loot item, as we do now.

or

2. Take a token that can be collected to pay for an item in a store somewhere.

Why?  Because quite frankly, I think a lot of us are ***ing sick of having RNG rammed down our throats at every opportunity, and would like an alternative to the insulting way DE keep treating us all like rats in a Skinner Box, when many can see right through that kind of psychological abuse.

Edited by polarity