Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania's Beguiling Lantern augment

malekas

Just had to get this off my chest, but this augment is total garbage.

Lantern already has a lot of problems that need to be tweaked and addressed. It has a hard time catching enemies and CC'ing them. The target that you turn into a lantern always floats away out of range of all the enemies. And to make this deal extra damage only with melee, when Titania is one of the squishiest frames in the game, makes no sense.

This augment is garbage.

Just now, Ethermie said:

can someone explain the nezha augment?, i thought firewalker already puts a path of flame behind him, whats this with extra flame and stuff? 

It essentially stores damage like equinox, it has a counter. Once you "recast" the trail that has been left and the one that shoots forward, does the total damage stored to enemies in the fire 10 times; once per second. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)jFresh215 said:

It essentially stores damage like equinox, it has a counter. Once you "recast" the trail that has been left and the one that shoots forward, does the total damage stored to enemies in the fire 10 times; once per second. 

ok thanks, does it have high AOE? or like chroma's augment?

Edited by Ethermie
spelling

19 minutes ago, maj.death said:

While I kinda wish lantern held still, using being squishy as an excuse for the melee buff being crap is pretty crap considering enchanted enemies lose hostility. Also you've got razorwing.

1) Diwata pales in comparison to Dex Pixia, so I don't know why you would use it.

2) Lantern does have a timer, and the last thing that I want is to be surrounded by enemies when that timer ends.

3) Lantern is inconsistent and the target may float out of range when you're in the middle of trying to melee enemies.

The only use I can see for this augment would be to used in conjuction with Razorwing to boost the pitiful damage of Titania's Diwata sword. But even then Lantern is way too buggy. The target often floats off and sometimes it seems like enemies completely ignore it anyway!

Edited by Scarmeow
Typo

I don't see this being useful for titania herself, but I do see it useful in some team comps if you play her as a team support frame. Copied from 20.2.0 patch notes: "Attracted enemies take 100% more melee damage from all squadmates."

Since the increase counts for squadmates, that could be pretty beastly with something like wukong or valkyr who can go fisticuffs even if titania can't. Yes, it requires you to be more of a team player, and that won't resonate with everyone, but I see it as being useful in the right context.

If it was an aug that tethered lantern so it could only float so far (like batting around a balloon with a weight on the end of its string), then that would be an aug worth getting.  As it is, the only reason I have to buy it is for the sake of completion.

Edited by polarity

6 minutes ago, Somb3rBivalve said:

I don't see this being useful for titania herself, but I do see it useful in some team comps if you play her as a team support frame. Copied from 20.2.0 patch notes: "Attracted enemies take 100% more melee damage from all squadmates."

Since the increase counts for squadmates, that could be pretty beastly with something like wukong or valkyr who can go fisticuffs even if titania can't. Yes, it requires you to be more of a team player, and that won't resonate with everyone, but I see it as being useful in the right context.

But how long would it be useful?  Lantern causes itself to become useless within a few seconds unless you are inside of a hallway.

Yup, Lantern needs to stay the hell still. Please! Enemies start randomly shooting me for no reason when they're affected by it. It needs a DIRECT line of sight as it doesn't affect enemies behind a box. She's pretty useless without a max range setup, otherwise you get shot by too many enemies. Even WITH max range you get shot too much.

1 hour ago, Insizer said:

But how long would it be useful?  Lantern causes itself to become useless within a few seconds unless you are inside of a hallway.

Even when you're in a claustrophobic vent, Lantern occasionally fail to charm the enemy. DE already tried to fix it. Before 50% of the enemy in range still occasionally shoot you, now only one or two. It was improvement, but it still happened.

1 hour ago, Gamma745 said:

Even when you're in a claustrophobic vent, Lantern occasionally fail to charm the enemy. DE already tried to fix it. Before 50% of the enemy in range still occasionally shoot you, now only one or two. It was improvement, but it still happened.

I didn't know that.  So let me get this straight, it not only shoots itself in the foot, but it also fires blanks?  Fantastic.  Meanwhile Octavia has a roller that distracts everything perfectly and goes and seeks out more enemies to distract... on top of everything else she has.

2 hours ago, polarity said:

If it was an aug that tethered lantern so it could only float so far (like batting around a balloon with a weight on the end of its string), then that would be an aug worth getting. 

This should be a built-in feature instead of augment mod.

Beguiling Lantern really highlights some of Titania's issues.

Edited by yles9056

1 hour ago, Insizer said:

I didn't know that.  So let me get this straight, it not only shoots itself in the foot, but it also fires blanks?  Fantastic.  Meanwhile Octavia has a roller that distracts everything perfectly and goes and seeks out more enemies to distract... on top of everything else she has.

Well, it's still able to charm a lot of people, so it's quite handy for a small CC. I agree that it pales in comparison to Octavia's Resonator, but it has some uses. The fact that both abilities are non-ultimates as well doesn't help matter.

Regarding @Somb3rBivalve point, I agree that it makes Lantern more of support type ability, where you could coordinate or cooperate with your teammate to get the most of it. But as many has said here, Lantern itself need some adjustment and QoL work to make it useful.

Edited by Gamma745
Ability name correction

30 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

Well, it's still able to charm a lot of people, so it's quite handy for a small CC. I agree that it pales in comparison to Octavia's mallet, but it has some uses. The fact that both abilities are non-ultimates as well doesn't help matter.

I know it can be rather useful... with the right build, as you know.  I run max range and large duration on Titania (initially as a joke) to make Spellbind lift entire squads and this makes Lantern actually effective for at least half of its duration.  That said, I can't say the same for my strength "AH build".

Also Mallet is Octavia's first ability.  Resonator is the ability that we're talking about.

Edited by Insizer

5 hours ago, Gamma745 said:

Ah, sorry. Haven't played Octavia. I'll edit my post accordingly.

Its fine.  And she is well made and is blast to use.  Have Mallet soak up some damage from enemies, then pop her ult and have enemies across a massive range take 300+ damage per beat.  The biggest thing with her though is that you need to find/make a song that has an easy to recognize/easy to use melody tune segment.  In the process of doing the quest you also get to learn that Simaris is actually Tsunderis.

Agreed. I dont really see a use in this augment. Lantern is inconsistent.  The lure effect doesn't happen immediately upon casting and some of the enemies ignore it.

I would have been happy if Spellbind got an augment instead.  Like the effective range gets expanded based on duration (like Nova's MP) because Spellbind's range is very short to be a good CC.  It's a decent concept but if I see enemies that tightly grouped,  I'd rather go Dex Pixia on them.

I'm happy that DE is giving attention to Titania specifically Diwata but not this way.

Edited by Coldie93

3 hours ago, Insizer said:

Its fine.  And she is well made and is blast to use.  Have Mallet soak up some damage from enemies, then pop her ult and have enemies across a massive range take 300+ damage per beat.  The biggest thing with her though is that you need to find/make a song that has an easy to recognize/easy to use melody tune segment.  In the process of doing the quest you also get to learn that Simaris is actually Tsunderis.

Oh, I already done the quest and have the parts. Just not interested in building her at the moment. Thanks for the tips, though.