Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Replayable Quest Rewards

Zandermanith222

I haven't really thought much about it until now, but what is DE exactly afraid of with the idea of being able to re-obtain quest rewards? In particular Warframe blueprints and the like.

The blueprints aren't tradable (For whatever purpose that may serve.)

Do they feel people could exploit the huge 3500 credit sell-price of blueprints?

Is it just for consistency sake with other replayable quests with rewards that could be seen as exploitable? (EG Lens farming from doing Second Dream over and over, I'm sure SOMEONE wants to horde a million lenses at a rate faster than one chance per day.)

Are they just playing it super ultra extremely safe just in case there IS some way quest rewards could be exploited?

Or y'know it could just be another dubious DE decision that has seemingly no reasoning or logic behind it

Edited by Zandermanith222

possible reasons might be

• playing safe to prevent possible exploits
  • making you buy the stuff for plat if you are foolish enough to sell it
  • not having to worry about these items being tradable or not
  • some quests contain more stuff than just blueprints
    separating which items you get when you replay a quest costs time and might need to change depending on future updates
    which again costs time

its just so much easier for DE if we don't get the stuff again
and I'm fine with it this way
there is really no need to get it again

id rather see DE spent their time and resources on more important stuff than this

52 minutes ago, Weidro said:

ts just so much easier for DE if we don't get the stuff again
and I'm fine with it this way
there is really no need to get it again

I sold my broken war because i didn't know S#&$ as a beginner. Than i got War BP... Theoretically you can still get broken war, same way you can get legendary core 2-3 days in a row from sorties. It is possible, but very unlikely.

The lack of knowledge and experience is the problem here. You need an extra weapon or frame slot, and you sell the frame/weapon that you think is bad. I pity anyone that sold Chroma. He is one of the most powerful frames in this game.

Edited by PakkiTheDog

1 hour ago, Zandermanith222 said:

Do they feel people could exploit the huge 3500 credit sell-price of blueprints?

I think they actually would. according to the Wiki Entry on the Cronus, you get a reduced chance to obtain the Cronus Blueprint each time you fight Vor on Mercury. it says this was done so new players couldn't farm endless blueprints and keep selling them for the measly 2500 Credits they're worth. quite ridiculous really.

biggest problem I've seen regarding this is with people who sold their ether daggers, because aside from buying them with, plat, there's no other way to get them other than the Quest, and i doubt DE would make rewards available through replays, because then everyone would grind the war within quest for a free Rifle Riven.

8 minutes ago, PakkiTheDog said:

I sold my broken war because i didn't know S#&$ as a beginner. Than i got War BP... Theoretically you can still get broken war, same way you can get legendary core 2-3 days in a row from sorties. It is possible, but very unlikely.

The lack of knowledge and experience is the problem here. You need an extra weapon or frame slot, and you sell the frame/weapon that you think is bad. I pity anyone that sold Chroma. He is one of the most powerful frames in this game.

Plats there for a reason though. I know they dont want to force us to buy things, but at the end of the day they are a buisness, and every market purchase makes more content for the game (and so much of said content is non-profitable). So it makes sense for them to say 'here, have this thing for free via a quest the first time, but if you need another, you'll have to buy one'.

25 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

biggest problem I've seen regarding this is with people who sold their ether daggers, because aside from buying them with, plat, there's no other way to get them other than the Quest, and i doubt DE would make rewards available through replays, because then everyone would grind the war within quest for a free Rifle Riven.

Only you can't buy the ether daggers at all. That's why everyone complains about it so much. If you sell them before getting them to 30, you'll never get that mastery as they simply aren't obtainable. Not even in the market with plat. If they were in the market you wouldn't see half the complaints.

I think that this idea really needs attention.  Chroma is my big sticking point, and Limbo fits also.  Since Warframe slots are a premium item you can only get with real money (read: platinum), people would be tempted to sell those frames.  A year later, they scrape together $20 to burn on platinum, (that was my life story for the first year I was here) and finally have a couple hundred plat, they burn it on slots.  Suddenly, they have room for those frames.

Oh well, better spend an additional $20 to $30 on platinum so that you can buy them outright because you're a filthy plebe who isn't rich, and as punishment for not being able to buy extra slots earlier, you now have to pay hard-earned money because you were too poor to keep the free stuff, and we absolutely refuse to consider a method to give you the same free stuff again.

The argument is irrelevant at this point.  I sort understand lens farming from second dream being an issue, as it is probably technically easier for lower mastery players (or unskilled players such as myself) to complete than a sortie, and it's a guaranteed normal lens...  However the other stuff?  I don't get it at all.  As pointed out earlier, a full set of Warframe parts would yield what, 3500 for the BP, and 2500 for each of the parts?  11,000 credits total then?  DE can't honestly say they care about slowly farming 11k credits, not when 25k credit darkSector missions, and 50k credit sorties are a thing.

I really like the suggestion of having the items be quest-locked in the marketplace, so that once you complete the quest, these non-trade-able items can be reacquired with some simple farming. Kudos to --Q--Voltage for that idea.