Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Athros

Mouse thumb (Mouse button 4 & 5) stopped working on W10 Creators Update

Okaaaaay, maybe this one is just a tiny bug, but for some lazy people who relied on thumb buttons oftenly (like me), it's simply PITA.

Somehow, after updating to Windows 10 Creators Update, Warframe refuses to detect/catch inputs from mouse thumb buttons (4 & 5). When said buttons were bind to other keys using XMouse Button Control, it was properly inputted, so it means just the the real input was there, but not registered to Warframe.

IDK if it's from Windows or WF's side, but the more info the faster it'll be fixed. Or at least figured out why.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, please help fix this!

I was able to do a hacky workaround by installing Mouse Manager and configuring it to map my buttons 4 and 5 to page up and page down, then using those in the game config.

Well, a solution to this (for now atleast) is to use autohotkey, yes the same program that allowed players to press whatever key nonstop without actually clicking it is now here to save everyone.

The complexity of later versions threw me off so for the sake of simplicity, i'll link an old version since it simply works

https://autohotkey.com/download/1.0/AutoHotkey104805_Install.exe

• Install the application and open it.
  • in the bottom right corner, there should be a green "H", you can right click it to access a few options
  • click in "edit this script"
  • in the autohotkey.ahk file, delete everything and place the following

Xbutton1::P

This means xbutton1 (a button on the mouse usually asigned to the back function on web brosers) will now perform the action of typing a "P"

• save the script
  • reload the script by right clicking the H again
  • Go to warframe, assign the "use" action to "P"
  • Make sure that the script is running
  • enjoy, now by pressing xbutton1 (mouse button 4) you will now press P ingame

On 2017/4/17 at 5:05 AM, KIREEK said:

Well, a solution to this (for now atleast) is to use autohotkey, yes the same program that allowed players to press whatever key nonstop without actually clicking it is now here to save everyone.

But this method can't use the "Back" function on thumb button though. Which IMO is more important than 2 more hotkey on mouse.

17 minutes ago, NUM3R0UZ said:

But this method can't use the "Back" function on thumb button though. Which IMO is more important than 2 more hotkey on mouse.

Why would you want to go "back" if your currently playing warframe, or you multitask alot with web browsers at the same time?

On 2017/5/3 at 2:08 AM, KIREEK said:

Why would you want to go "back" if your currently playing warframe, or you multitask alot with web browsers at the same time?

On top of multitasking, you can use that in menus. Like all those star-chart/mod/arsenal/foundry in your ship.

It's not really that useful in mission except like cancel hacking in rescue.

Up, same issue here. Suddenly the buttons wont register anymore in Warframe only. Any other application still can use them.

Official thread with some possible fixes in it (until you know... MS actually decides they want to fix stuff for gamers lol)

On 4/14/2017 at 10:18 AM, SaturnKnight said:

Yes, please help fix this!

I was able to do a hacky workaround by installing Mouse Manager and configuring it to map my buttons 4 and 5 to page up and page down, then using those in the game config.

this works in my pc but not when i open game.

This is literally so annoying. I use my back button instead of ESC and I use forward button for gear. I shouldn't have update ;_;

Windows 10 sux... Pitty it supposed to be the latest version on windows. I have known from someone who rigged a 24 core machine, the mouse freezes. That awful operating system can't even run on a 24 core machine ... Don't get me started how terrible its GUI is ... Flat design nausea at it's worse , worse than other operating systems. I use windows 7 to play warframe.

Came here to report this and it looks like I'm not the only one

Edit: Didn't even notice this was a resurrected zombie thread from April before hm. Might need to post a new one yet, I've had CE since launch day and only since the latest COH hotfix has this bug came up

The thumb button used to work for me before the update today, and now for some reason Warframe won't let me crouch using my mouse thumb button which in the customize  keybinding section it says my crouch button has registered as mouse button 4, and now I have to use my 'alt' key instead.

Same issue (bumping thread).  Mostly just the using thumb button for back doesn't work.  Happened after feature update for win 10 v. 1703. Update is broken and crap so may get patched regardless, but still a slightly annoying issue.  

Would love to see this fixed, Logitech G502 is kind of waste if I cant use all these fancy buttons I paid for. LOL. Bump for fix.

I'm only having the issue in-game. Outside of warframe, buttons 4 & 5 work just fine, but I can't use them in-game. I've used mouse 4 since I started playing the game, so I almost can't play anymore. So if anyone finds a fix for this, please let me know.