The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Harrow feedback and discussion

Trickst3rGawd

Harrow is (possibly) going to beat down on Nef for spewing out all that false doctrine and kidnapping somepeople in TGG. Then he'll form a convenant with good ol' Neffy to make him turn the the Tenno side... And if Nef disagrees? Well... He'll simply be condemned for his sins and burned at the Thurible (Three puns without his name, yeah!)

1 hour ago, Trickst3rGawd said:

Do you guys think Primed vigor and all the other shield mods would work wonders for harrow?

Ready to mod when he floods the gates! Now, praying for shield-gating to be in his update.

Hmmm glad to see I'm not the only one who is kind of "Huh..." at Harrow.  As always I'll lay my bias out in the open.  I adore DE and love them and I love this game.  However, with great love comes great expectation and pointing out problems where you see them.  Not that this is a problem more of an observation that I've found odd.

Given the recent trend of Warframes I was hoping against all odds that DE was winding up for Damage 3.0 and that the newer frames would mark the beginning of "Frames unleashed," just the raw forces of nature that every Warframe actually is in the canon.  The revisit to Limbo as well as Oberon kind of made me feel that I might be onto something as both frames if used properly can be incredibly powerful.  With Nidus and Octavia wrecking the world I figured a support frame like Harrow would really be something unique.

I feel that I was wrong...  As was pointed out the 2nd ability and 3rd ability are a bit disjointed.  The abrupt STOP that we were thankfully alleviated from with Mag is back and you stop to lose your shields... hopefully behind cover or under the X seconds veil of #4.  Then gain life back and so forth... and so on.  Who is this supporting?  The frame itself is the long range sacrificial frame, how?  Sacrifice yourself in the thick of it to take damage and add reload speed and fire rate to allies... from long range?  Or are you near them?  Let's pretend for a moment that everyone in the team decides to stick together for more than 5 seconds for any team buffs; still wouldn't matter.  I've had to chase down people to give them armor with Oberon.  TO GIVE THEM ARMOR!

Shields until shield gating are.. uh... pointless and I love that the newest enemy the Nox makes Harrow his utter and complete @#@# because poison lol.  Oh man that was classic.

What kills me the most about this frame is the stop and start of him.  It doesn't feel fluid in the slightest and his #3 brings that to light where you stop all activity to store action essentially.  You deal no damage, you take damage, you are providing nothing while your team does the work or if you're alone... you just lose energy.  So who gains, especially considering that most team mates are off in the four corners.  Now Raid?  Maybe but who does those?  No seriously that's not at all a sarcastic remark I want to know who still does raids because I've kind of been in the mood to do one and my clan is kind of lazy -

Sorry off topic.  Here are the fixes.  Let Harrow whip himself on the move, when he does so enemies are so freaked out by the sight of a warframe beating themselves they stop shooting, allowing you a moment to recover some shields before they hose you down for making them question their own sanity.  As for the third ability, ugh I ... I don't even know.  You wave your thimble, lose energy and just... it's just bad okay there I said it!  I used it out of a feeling of "Well it's there," it's essentially FireBlast but without the fact that at least sometimes Fireblast can kill things, Thimble on the other hand won't.  What's worse is that everyone and anyone who ever plays mods their frame to make the best of their energy and efficiency so again unless it's a passive gain like Octavia or Nidus where it's tied into their kits, it's kind of pointless.  We see this with Trinity who locks down an enemy, and provides a BLAST of energy on the spot!  Super cool and worth it.  Standing there spinning a thermometer isn't going to provoke much more than being shot, while your team wanders off to do fun things.

Make thurible smack enemies, the more energy it gains, the more damage enemies take because LOL that'd be funny and no I'm not taking this seriously.  I'm just adding my two cents because I'm not often bad at a frame but I feel bad at Harrow and obviously it's not my fault it's definitely DE's.

Now on to the second forma!  As always questions, comments and any kind of feedback are welcome but c'mon this is mostly a gag post and maybe in time I'll get good with Harrow and realized his tru pwr.

• 1 month later...
On 6/29/2017 at 7:54 AM, Blacque said:

Hmmm glad to see I'm not the only one who is kind of "Huh..." at Harrow.  As always I'll lay my bias out in the open.  I adore DE and love them and I love this game.  However, with great love comes great expectation and pointing out problems where you see them.  Not that this is a problem more of an observation that I've found odd.

Given the recent trend of Warframes I was hoping against all odds that DE was winding up for Damage 3.0 and that the newer frames would mark the beginning of "Frames unleashed," just the raw forces of nature that every Warframe actually is in the canon.  The revisit to Limbo as well as Oberon kind of made me feel that I might be onto something as both frames if used properly can be incredibly powerful.  With Nidus and Octavia wrecking the world I figured a support frame like Harrow would really be something unique.

I feel that I was wrong...  As was pointed out the 2nd ability and 3rd ability are a bit disjointed.  The abrupt STOP that we were thankfully alleviated from with Mag is back and you stop to lose your shields... hopefully behind cover or under the X seconds veil of #4.  Then gain life back and so forth... and so on.  Who is this supporting?  The frame itself is the long range sacrificial frame, how?  Sacrifice yourself in the thick of it to take damage and add reload speed and fire rate to allies... from long range?  Or are you near them?  Let's pretend for a moment that everyone in the team decides to stick together for more than 5 seconds for any team buffs; still wouldn't matter.  I've had to chase down people to give them armor with Oberon.  TO GIVE THEM ARMOR!

Shields until shield gating are.. uh... pointless and I love that the newest enemy the Nox makes Harrow his utter and complete @#@# because poison lol.  Oh man that was classic.

What kills me the most about this frame is the stop and start of him.  It doesn't feel fluid in the slightest and his #3 brings that to light where you stop all activity to store action essentially.  You deal no damage, you take damage, you are providing nothing while your team does the work or if you're alone... you just lose energy.  So who gains, especially considering that most team mates are off in the four corners.  Now Raid?  Maybe but who does those?  No seriously that's not at all a sarcastic remark I want to know who still does raids because I've kind of been in the mood to do one and my clan is kind of lazy -

Sorry off topic.  Here are the fixes.  Let Harrow whip himself on the move, when he does so enemies are so freaked out by the sight of a warframe beating themselves they stop shooting, allowing you a moment to recover some shields before they hose you down for making them question their own sanity.  As for the third ability, ugh I ... I don't even know.  You wave your thimble, lose energy and just... it's just bad okay there I said it!  I used it out of a feeling of "Well it's there," it's essentially FireBlast but without the fact that at least sometimes Fireblast can kill things, Thimble on the other hand won't.  What's worse is that everyone and anyone who ever plays mods their frame to make the best of their energy and efficiency so again unless it's a passive gain like Octavia or Nidus where it's tied into their kits, it's kind of pointless.  We see this with Trinity who locks down an enemy, and provides a BLAST of energy on the spot!  Super cool and worth it.  Standing there spinning a thermometer isn't going to provoke much more than being shot, while your team wanders off to do fun things.

Make thurible smack enemies, the more energy it gains, the more damage enemies take because LOL that'd be funny and no I'm not taking this seriously.  I'm just adding my two cents because I'm not often bad at a frame but I feel bad at Harrow and obviously it's not my fault it's definitely DE's.

Now on to the second forma!  As always questions, comments and any kind of feedback are welcome but c'mon this is mostly a gag post and maybe in time I'll get good with Harrow and realized his tru pwr.

Fire-rate & reload buff are currently only to self.

The Healing from Penance is the full Shared Affinity Range, which is larger than Oberon's Renewal + Hallowed Ground. Same with the Covenant Protection Aura and Retaliation crit-chance buff.

Where Harrow needs Allies to be close to receive benefit is with Thurible and in a way that feels balanced that Harrow cannot just cover affinity Area with Bursts of energy. Much like chasing Allies down to give them Armor; I really like your emphasis on having to hunt players down to give them a buff.

Issue that Harrow has is the interaction of needing to deal the damage and kills when in a group that is slaughtering everything. However that also means Allies most likely are not in need of those benefits from Harrow in that content.

In Higher Content his Abilities get full rotation in order to 'Maintain Sustainability'.

Where I have bypassed Line-of-Sight narrow Tilesets with Harrow is by using long-range through the wall Melee. 

•I see Harrow as a variation of some of the Changes players wanted on Valkyr: limited Invincibility; Crit-chance buff, attack speed buff, and life-steal with the freedom of not being locked to Short range melee claws.

Harrow basically provides all of the above while also not needing Rage, because he can generate energy on kills. Though he is extremely dependent on weapons to deal damage as none of his current Abilities deal damage.