The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Harrow feedback and discussion

Trickst3rGawd

7 minutes ago, TaylorsContraction said:

As a joke I'll respond with, what if everyone is playing a priest and stays close to each other. Then they can't be downed :P. Just a prank. Interesting idea, would need a cool-down. I'd rather he revived faster or soemthing along those lines than revive upon death. Also the Orokin were very religious in some sense of the word. Vor always talks in a manner like he's worshipping something and so does Lotus.

What if he worships the Void? Voidframe confirmed?
OH! I can't imagine Nef Anyo will be pleased by this turn of events.

1 hour ago, Dwolfknight said:

Goth frame (Pope frame + Red Veil)

1 hour ago, Wrum said:

based off of that picture i would say a priest with inspiration from the Mediterranean area.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)ATLongshot said:

He isn't a scribe. He's a priest with a gun.  Yep. That's where we are. 

Yeah, i posted this with horrible timing. Didn't realize the devstream was on at the moment of posting.

So, I was thinking of renaming this thread so we actually discuss the Scribe frame (possibly in the works, I saw a post here on the forums where Rebecca said on Twitter that there might be a Scribe-frame, or something along those lines)

And...

... what about my suggested power? xD Not a single one of you guys have commented on it :P

4 minutes ago, FlawedLegacy said:

Where'd I put my bayonets.

so priest frame then, figured we'd get there eventually (since Warframe is gonna have a Warframe of everything under the sun of course) *hellsing flashbacks*

Oh you can bet they'll do everything under the sun eventually. On the devstream they said they had a backlog still of about ten ideas they want to do. And that's just what they've thought of right now. 

Just now, Azamagon said:

Yeah, i posted this with horrible timing. Didn't realize the devstream was on at the moment of posting.

So, I was thinking of renaming this thread so we actually discuss the Scribe frame (possibly in the works, I saw a post here on the forums where Rebecca said on Twitter that there might be a Scribe-frame, or something along those lines)

And...

... what about my suggested power? xD Not a single one of you guys have commented on it :P

Could definitely still be a scribe frame in the works, perhaps the next female frame after this sacrificial support/precision gun frame? 

They did say on the devstream that they had a backlog of about ten ideas they wanted to do, so I wouldn't be surprised if they have planned ahead a bit at this point. 

1 hour ago, Azamagon said:

(Got no name for it)
Press to activate for a mild energycost. While active, your weapons are deactivated. Instead, while you aim your cursor around and press fire, you "draw" energy-lines around you (it drains energy when you draw lines). So yeah, you are quite literally drawing/painting in the air! Then, if you press secondary fire, all current lines all blast out instantly in a hitscan laserlike fashion, towards the point the drawings where "aimed" at (This would actually be very similar to Limbo's Stasis when releasing hitscan bullets). Also, if you turn off the power, the currently drawn lines are shot out instantly too.

If this seems pointless/weak, it could be compensated by either being really powerful damagewise (scaling with primary fire or something?) and/or that it had utility in that enemies that are caught in your drawing (BEFORE it is released), are heavily slowed down, or something like that. Also, enemies struck by the lines, once released, could be staggered or knocked down, for some further utility. I dunno *shrugs* :P

So yeah, a literal drawing/painting power of sorts. How does that sound?

This is a really interesting power idea. I think it could use a little fine tuning to differentiate between this and Limbo's stasis. 

I do like the general idea of it though. I'm not sure they would use secondary fire as a mechanic for an ability, but you could just make the lines explode/fire outwards and do damage when you turn the ability off or something. My suggestion would be to make it a bit more like a "writing" ability, by making it trip enemies and cause magnetic procs/armor damage based on faction (kind of like how one of mags abilities works), if it hits them directly or they walk through the lines. Then when you turn the ability off, all the lines explode, doing damage, knocking down enemies who were directly touching a line and staggering enemies in range of the explosion. The magnetic/corrosive procs could help it scale. The lines tripping enemies gives it some cc. And because you can "draw" wherever you want, you could be really strategic with where you put them for the least amount of energy and most amount of effect, so that would be sweet. 

I really like your idea, just a couple suggestions to possibly differentiate it from Limbo and make it scale.

22 hours ago, bowiespoon said:

That said, wouldn't it be pretty insane if DE kept an entire quest completely in the shadows until launch?

Actually, given the outrage with the last quest's delays, that would be a smart move.

"The Lotus is going to die in less than 48 hours unless you find her and thousands of Tenno have gone missing or are dead.  The enemy is nowhere and everywhere."

*Download Complete*

47:59...58...57...

"Have fun!  No Lotus to guide you...DE 😇"

Like this ^^^^ ?

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

5 hours ago, Sziklamester said:

We won't stop until we reach the 100 frame or more. I hope DE won't stop implementing new frames with interestic mechanics (not grindwalls) and interesting theme. Also there is a chance to see similar themed frames with different power because in fan section there are some similar but different great concepts.

I would love to agree but without expansion of the solar system and possibly increasing the level cap on the frames, 1000 frames won't matter. Everyone gets  of the same thing over and over.