Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #90 Overview

[DE]Taylor

Bit concerned about Oberon getting a change, can't say I am the biggest fan of warframe reworks that had similar phrasing; still I am sure it will appeal to someone when the time comes; I will look forward to when we have more information. interested in what the theme of the new warframe is and how it fits the ethos of Red Veil and their 'ends justify the means' approach to bettering the world. Always nice to get another stance for machete but the back-flip forward seems like it breaks the flow of the forward slashing combo, either way, hope it makes the weapon type more appealing.

2 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

You need to use the embed code (found in the "more" share options on the Twitch Clip page). Simply copy + paste that into your post using Source mode in the editor.

Oh i see, i don't have the rights to use the source mode, thanks anyway.

"Wall Run could make a comeback"

You have no idea how happy those words make me :D i LOVED the original wall running, in particular in the void.

Speaking of the void, what happened to its survival? Why is a lvl 20-25 survival dropping 15 endo on rotation A? That seems wrong compared to other survivals

Confirmed DE has fetish over animals lol! New frame is an ant-eater.

Now we will be having new machete stance... can we have the original machete back now? Else why release a new machete stance without hyping something? 

The new arachnoid enemies' face.... is a new lotus logo shield. 

Thanks for the overview Taylor.

When i read people talking about a "priest" frame i was wondering if the inspiration were mainly christian priests and when a gun was mentioned i had to think of the comic/show Preacher. Now that i can see the concept art, it's definetly a bit more mixed in elements.

I see a bit of ancient egyptian and byzantine elements in there. Wouldn't look out of place as an encounter in Bloodborne.

Can we call these new Corpus enemies "spiders"? They only have 4 legs. Anyway concept looks nice. Remind me to the terror drones from Command and Conquer: Red Alert (1-3). I see a bit of Zanuka themed elements in there too. However they also look strangely organic. More like how the Moa looked with their old legs.

Can they please get some kind of scientist or mega corp owner attached to them. So we can get a new Corpus character who taunts us and who we will love to ruin his/her business? Corpus are so lacking in actual characters.

No clue what that Grineer enemy is supposed to be? Some kind of ambush enemy who bursts out of the ground?

Nice to know you are still working with Keith Thompson on concepts.

I don't see multi-wielding becomming a great game changer. But for the visual element alone it's definetly going to be a nice addition.

• Finally new Machete stance - check
  • Finally new immortal skins - check
  • Finally Ambulas rework - check
  • New enemies - check
  • Wall run making a comeback? - check
  • Earth remaster - check ( although looking good it looks quite cartoonish, which reminds me of the Darksiders games )
  • Overall great devstream - check ( I think this was the best devstream in a long, long time )

-New Warframe: looks cool
-Ambulas rework: nice to see new mechanics to boss fights
-Multi wielding: OMG. NEED. THIS. 
-Oberon rework: the useless one coming back to life, hope he gets useful now, always liked his appearance but not his abilities
-Melee rivens: break for being useless or break for being too godly. Hope they can balance them well. Expect good rivens easily break the 1k plat price.
-Limbo Cataclysm: altought I bought him after the rework and am using the nuke bomb build, yes: it needs to be changed. Just hope they don't nerf it to the ground to send Limbo back to the limbo.

15 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Above is a super basic prototype – a lot of the animations and features are still being worked on – but the premise is simple: you will be able to have a secondary weapon in one hand, and a blade or Glaive in the other. 

Reedemer + Euphona. <3

Now, especially with melee rivens, can we please drop the prices of riven slots! I have sunk hundreds of plat into that already, and that's really kinda ridiculous. A mod shouldn't cost as much as a slot. I really hope a) prices are reduced, b) purchases are retroactively compensated for, and c) you start with more slots, or it scales with mastery.

Albularyo- means shaman in philippines

Pari- means priest in philippines

i am thinking of combining them to paryo or alburi(sounds like ivory for some reason and i am really bad in combining names)

or Arzo derived from the word arzobispo(spanish term) which means bishop

*note: i know i copy paste it from what i post from VansurKalis post*

Наверное будет интересно,но нет,потому что введут,понерфят,как правило будет как обычно.

Мне лично наплевать,пусть они введут завтра 30,40,100 новых фреймов,они все будут одинаковые.

@[DE]Taylor i just wondering about relay reconstruction , will all relay will have same shape ,same syndicate , same NPC?
what if  each relay was for syndicate base , let say Pluto for Suda and simaris or Saturn for Steel meridian  etc
tbh when i need go to relay i dont know which relay should be choosen cause they are all the same (but somehow i like orcus relay) but the point is why not put a reason for someone choose a different relay for different need.
welp thats what im thinking tho still keep looking foward for new update for relay

Just now, [DE]Taylor said:

bnNUVXM.jpg

Our resident web-god is off enjoying her long weekend, so this week's Overview will be posted on the forum today so you can enjoy it over your long weekend as well! We will be back on the Blog for Devstream 91.

---

Long time no see, Tenno! It’s been a while since we had a Devstream, but the team sure made it worth the wait. Episode 90 was jam-packed with content, so keep on reading to get all the dirt on the next Warframe, new enemies, a coming feature and more! 

Forgot what the Devs sound like? You can see (and hear) all their goofs and gaffs in the full stream here:

Housekeeping

• We’ll be revealing more TennoCon details later this month, don’t forget to buy your Digital Pack or Physical Ticket here!
  • Don’t miss the usual Gift of the Lotus Alert after the stream, but also a second Gift of the Lotus Alert designed by our Design Council!
  • Leap of the Lotus is live! Get your Lepus Headgear, Easter Color Palette, and Double Credits all weekend long.
  • Octavia’s Anthem has been submitted to Cert! 

The Thirty-third Warframe

Our thirty-third Warframe is coming. Instead of traditional concept art, we decided to do something a little different. The above piece was drawn by the renowned community artist, Kevin Glint!

While currently nameless, we can tell you that he is a support frame that relies on high precision shooting. He is always ready to protect his squad, and sacrifice for them if necessary.

Like with Titania, Nidus, and Octavia, “Bobo” (as Pablo and Rebecca have so called him) is coming with another Syndicate-linked Quest. In it you will learn more about Red Veil, its Deacons, and perhaps some more Warframe lore.

Here is an in-game Render:

Reveal hidden contents

9fuJkpY.jpg

Ambulas

We spoke about the Ambulas Rework in Devstream 87, but now we have even more details to share! The new boss fight will debut in a Clan Event soon, so be sure to get your Clan sorted in the next few weeks/months.

This new battle includes phases, a timer, and a fail-state – but no invulnerability phases! Instead of one solitary enemy to fight, players will need to take on multiple waves of Ambulases to take down the looming threat in the sky. Your mission is not to defeat the Ambulas, but to hack them in order to sabotage the Corpus mothership. If the Corpus Drop Ship picks up 5 unhacked Ambulases, then it’s game over!

See the full segment here.

Corpus Spider Enemies

The Corpus is expanding yet again! We are introducing a new enemy type with new features to keep the gameplay fresh. Like with the Moas and Ospreys, there are different variants of this arachnoid that come in all different sizes and colours! 

Reveal hidden contents

2RI7igU.jpg

Large and in-charge with a sticky gun.

Reveal hidden contents

SDkOgaY.jpg
Tiny with the potential to turn into a razor copter.

Reveal hidden contents

7F1Xyeq.jpg
Same size as Red.

Reveal hidden contents

KvhFQpN.jpg

New Grineer Enemy

The Grineer are getting new recruits as well! This piece was concepted by Keith Thompson, an artist who designed some of the original characters in-game, including Loki, the Lotus and more.

We are working with him more this year and are so excited to make his vision a reality in-game.

Reveal hidden contents

cDoxYxe.jpg

Multi-wielding

If you can’t pick between your secondary and your melee weapon – and quick melee isn’t doing it for you – then you should be excited to hear of a new equip state coming to Warframe!

Above is a super basic prototype – a lot of the animations and features are still being worked on – but the premise is simple: you will be able to have a secondary weapon in one hand, and a blade or Glaive in the other. 

Reveal hidden contents

Oberon Rework

Yes – Oberon is getting a rework! His powers aren’t necessarily changing; instead, Scott is looking at his existing abilities and working to make them more synergistic and scalable. He will also be given a new Passive.

We won’t be giving any more details until it is ready to demo.

Other Warframe Changes

• Limbo: His Cataclysm is being looked at. Stay tuned for a detailed post on what changes to expect.
  • Chroma: We’re aware of the Vex Armour bug and are working on a fix. It’s quite complicated, but we want it get it working properly ASAP!
  • Nyx: Discussion has been going on in regards to the Assimilate change. A possible side-grade might be coming instead of a direct reversal of recent changes.

iam8bit 
If you haven’t heard, we’re collaborating with iam8bit to produce some exclusive Warframe merch! On top of the amazing 2x LP and enamel pins that are available, they have created an incredible collection of art prints for us. All 32 Warframe were revealed on our Instagram page, but below are the 3 NPCs, which are only available if you purchase the whole set. Don't forget, these art prints are only available for purchase on the iam8bit site until April 23!

Learn more about our partnership here.

Reveal hidden contents

r0JsNDb.jpg

sJXYW2N.jpg

x3GTW5W.jpg

Immortal Skins
Hydroid and Zephyr are the next in line to get Immortal Skins!

Zephyr’s skin will let you color the previously un-tintable black sections.

Reveal hidden contents

Unnecessary Captura shots of these in their default colours.
idon'thaveaproblem,youhaveaproblem

3Cj3OZx.jpg

Yo1zS0b.jpg

New Machete Stance

Earth Remaster

This remaster has been shown many times before, but it is just too beautiful to not share again.
In the video below, keep an eye out for new foliage. There might be some new lifeforms skittering and flapping around (coughcoughratsandvultures) but there’s no guarantee that they’ll be released with this remaster.

Other Tidbits:

• We’re looking at giving Heavy Attacks some love, but we’re still trying to figure out how to do that.
  • No word yet on when the Tenno Shotgun revealed in past Devstreams is coming. 
  • Melee Rivens are coming, we promise!
  • Wall Run might make a comeback if we can smooth out some technical issues.
  • Relay Reconstruction is coming over the next 2 – 3 months, starting hopefully at the end of May.
  • Stay tuned for Nidus Augments.
  • We are looking at the Focus system and ways to expand it. 
  • Zephyr is also in line for a rework.
  • TennoGen Round 8 was announced. See the full list of accepted items here.

-------------------------------------------------------
The Remote Observer, Vol 2.5
Sometimes our update notes turn out to be update novellas, which means a lot of the changes our team works hard on can get overlooked! With the Remote Observer, we take a look back at what hidden gems came in our releases during the week, so you don’t have to.

Below is highlights from this week’s PC updates. Consoles didn’t have any releases in lieu of getting Update 20 to Cert, so expect a large section next week!

UI Changes

• Menu Scale has been added under Options > Interface (was previously HUD).
  • ‘Full’ Menu Scale scales to match your resolution.
  • ‘Legacy’ Menu Scale is similar to pre-U20, except diegetic screens (Mods, Foundry, etc) now scale as well. You will only see the difference in resolutions larger than 1080p.
  • ‘Custom’ Menu Scale is set and determined by you.

In-Mission:

• Locked doors will now appear as ‘off’ (no color) to mitigate any confusion for colorblind players.

Captura

• Fixed Captura conflicting with certain Warframe Abilities. Now you can use Mesa's Peacemaker (or other affected abilities) and then toggle the camera! 

For a look at what changes came in the past month, check out Volume 1 and Volume 2 of the Remote Observer.

Call this a stretch, but what about calling it the inquisitor. It looks like he uses an aspergillum as his weapon, but from the pics we see of him, he doesn't shout cleric to me. As a player in Pathfinder, clerics often are more support that fighter and Trinity already fits that role. The image provided of our new frame shows he is more hunter, and inquisitors are in a way, hunters of their faith.

DE PLZ

every new stance does not have to have like 10x more acrobatics than the last one, some FUNCTIONAL combos would be much appreciated... these things need more 'weight' not more flipping and nonsense that make the hits seems like they connect with nothing =/ {FWIW tho, i do get the machete/wushu connection and there IS some room and a place for it, just NOT every single atk chain}

so many of the existing stances have all kinds of forward/backward/etc movements that getting more than 2 swings to land on a single enemy without the WF flying off in another direction is INCREDIBLY ANNOYING 

look at game series like DMC and Ninja Gaiden plz, at least the vast majority of their combos are CONNECTABLE within the game context... so many combos in WF just do NOT work at all =[

also want to say, super glad to hear that you guys are thinking about the light/heavy melee system, dont give up on this =]

FWIW the 1handr melee/sidearm is neato, but me personally i would much prefer : leftH - gunblade, rightH - glaive =] or possibly dual wield nikanas or even mix/match single swords ; and of course we have to mention the lack of DUAL DARK DAGGERS and that dual daggers cant use CL... =/

lastly WHY DO SPY ALERT STILL NOT GIVE SPY REWARDS?!?!?! this had been ongoing for how long now? years? =/

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

First and foremost: PLEASE DO NOT NERF LIMBO! Limbo got the rework because people hated him, and now he's about to be nerfd because people are jealous of him... I am a Limbo main and I don't like to see him changed because people (many don't even play with him) decide what he should and shouldn't do. Please refect upon those who actually are Limbo main users (like myself) and do not give in into peer-pressure just to please a (small but loud) part of the community.

I am one of the few that doesn't want Kuva in the Sotie. Here is why: I know it is a bit redundant to have the Anasa sculpture and 4000 Endo as a reward, but I can get all the Kuva I want in the regular Kuva mission (I have Limbo). If it is a Kuva decoration, I might be on board with that (specially if it was possible to trade it) but I would much rather have something else like a primed mod or maybe just remove 4000 Endo and just up the chances for the other (same level) rewards.

I LOVED Devil May Cry, I really did. So I think the two hands gun and blade looks pretty cool. I also think the Aracnebots look really cool. My only problem is: how long will this take to take form? There are a few features that are much more needed and useful in Warframe (like the Focus icon in the HUd or a map in Lunaro) that don't see the light of day and you are already thinking of another gimmick (something that you wouldn't even need if you just had the combo stances active automatically instead of having to choose the melle weapon to make it work). AND most of the thing you get us so hyped about end up taking years to implement. So, please don't tease us with something that is (probably, if ever) years away. Instead show us something that is actually going to be in game in a few moths or late in the year (the same year, that is).

A New Warframe is always nice... But do we really need new frames? Most of the old ones are dying for a rework (you know that ones that "turns into a puddle"? Well, that puddle needs to move) and some new augments or features are a lot more desirable, than just: "Oh, this new frames uses butterflies." or "Oh, this new frames dances." I know that as a developer you need to come up with new content every once in a while (money needs to keep rolling in), but I believe you end up falling over yourselves when there is a lot more that needs tweeks or rework than just adding stuff (like I stated in the upper paragraph).

All in all, I am pleased that (specially in the beginning of the year) DE made the right and necessary changes that the community begged for... But there is definitelly lots of room for improvement (and that Hema is still a torn in our developer-player relationship).

On 4/13/2017 at 7:02 PM, White_Matter said:

Zeyphr finally gettin some love ? Is this real life ? 

I know right Q.,Q I've been wanting some love for her for like ever. Zephyr is such a great idea if they just worked on her. I simply adore her 3. I hope it stays, the rest can be changed far as i'm concerned (although tornados are awesome)