Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4657 Mandachord requests fulfilled (rounds on Wednesdays)

Buff00n

Question

Would something from the first 30 seconds of The World God Only Knows OP be possible?

Also, i cannot find the name or an official version of this song ANYWHERE, and i'v spent hours and hours looking, but the song that starts at 3:55 of this scene from Gamers! and only plays for like 30 seconds

Edited by (XB1)Pasta Spartan

2 hours ago, Buff00n said:

Most of the effort of putting out a tune is just figuring out whether it will work or not.  Ask me again in a week or so and I'll look at them.

Will do! Just learning. I have no musical ability. My sister played violin, but honestly, she never sounded good to me. I think my family just lacks the knack for it.

Hiyaa, would you be able to do a Super Adventure Box (SAB) theme song from Guild Wars 2 pls? It's a jumping puzzle game mode with a 8-bit platformer theme. I hope it's easy and fun for you :)

Request:

The theme song (from 0:35-1:00)

Thank you very much!! <3

P.S.
If you like the idea, perhaps make a 8-bit collection :D There's a whole list of these SAB songs,
Link: Super Adventure Box - Full Playlist

Edited by nanomidgy

14 hours ago, Buff00n said:

The music terms you're looking for are "6/8 time" (notice that there are 3 notes for every beat) and "octaves" (the bass line simple alternates between one note and the same note an octave higher).  Those are two things the Mandachord can't do.  And without nothing else to work with, not even a melody, I can't make anything recognizable out of it.  

Ok, thanks for trying!

If I could request one more, I would like the "Clockworks" song, by Miracle of Sound.

Link here.

A good time-frame to hear it would be from 9 - 25 seconds in the video.

That is a 4/4 time if I'm right (it plays in 4's when I drum it out at least), however I'm not the best at detecting octaves by listening, so I'm not sure on that end.

You don't have to do this if you don't want to though, I know I just requested one, and I can wait the extra 2 weeks if that's the case.

Edited by mattax12
Added time-frame for hearing section of song

Shame I'm only now speaking up about your work, and it's mostly for a request. 1539 songs and there's still more to come by looks of it, and it's even including some songs I wish more people would listen to (namely Hallelujah by the Helio Sequence).

Anyways, let's get onto the request. Could you try to get one of these three songs workin'?

Shop Music (Jets 'N' Guns)

Main Theme (Spiral Knights)

Someday (The World Ends With You)

I've made a couple tries at the Shop Music on my own time but haven't had any luck yet.

Thank you for reading this, for any of these songs you try and take on, and for all this hard work.

Edited by Rhynerd
Forgot to say thanks.

On 3/27/2018 at 2:11 AM, (XB1)Pasta Spartan said:

Would something from the first 30 seconds of The World God Only Knows OP be possible?

Also, i cannot find the name or an official version of this song ANYWHERE, and i'v spent hours and hours looking, but the song that starts at 3:55 of this scene from Gamers! and only plays for like 30 seconds

The first one might have been close if it weren't for one crucial missing note.

There might be something I can do with the second one, but it's hard to tell over the dialog.

mystery song (Gamers!/ゲーマーズ episode 6): Mandachord (Original)

On 3/27/2018 at 5:56 AM, nanomidgy said:

Hiyaa, would you be able to do a Super Adventure Box (SAB) theme song from Guild Wars 2 pls? It's a jumping puzzle game mode with a 8-bit platformer theme. I hope it's easy and fun for you :)

Request:

The theme song (from 0:35-1:00)

Thank you very much!! <3

P.S.
If you like the idea, perhaps make a 8-bit collection :D There's a whole list of these SAB songs,
Link: Super Adventure Box - Full Playlist

It's not that close

World Hub (Guild Wars 2: Super Adventure Box): Mandachord (Original)

On 3/27/2018 at 5:59 AM, Widigamer said:

Can i request this:

• M.O.O.N - Dust (Carpenter Brut Remix) Link 
  • The Toxic Avenger - My Only Chance Link 
  • Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name Link

Thank You!

First one's already up there, dude:

Dust (M.O.O.N, Hotline Miami): Mandachord (Original)

So I took some liberties with the second one:

My Only Chance (Furi, The Toxic Avenger): Mandachord (Original)

On 3/27/2018 at 12:15 PM, mattax12 said:

Ok, thanks for trying!

If I could request one more, I would like the "Clockworks" song, by Miracle of Sound.

Link here.

A good time-frame to hear it would be from 9 - 25 seconds in the video.

That is a 4/4 time if I'm right (it plays in 4's when I drum it out at least), however I'm not the best at detecting octaves by listening, so I'm not sure on that end.

You don't have to do this if you don't want to though, I know I just requested one, and I can wait the extra 2 weeks if that's the case.

I only ask for a week or two cooldown if I actually do one for you.

This one is indeed 4/4, and it even appears to be in the same key as the Mandachord, D Minor.  But the notes themselves don't fit.  The first four notes of the melody at 0:09 are Db-Db-D-D, which is a half-step interval.  Same thing with the next four notes, which are Ab-Ab-A-A , There aren't any half-step intervals in the Pentatonic scale, which is what the notes available on the Mandachord are.  In fact some of those notes aren't even present in the full D Minor scale.  This is the "Halloween music" effect; mixing in notes from the wrong key adds a bit of "creepiness", and when something sounds "creepy" then it's probably not going to fit on the MAndachord.

On 3/27/2018 at 7:24 AM, orangebish said:

This thread is awesome, ty so much for doing this

I have a few requests of my own:

1. Kagamine Rin - The Lost One's Weeping Link
  2. Miku Hatsune & GUMI - Spinal Fluid Explosion Girl Link
  3. Mick Gordon - BFG Division (DOOM 2016 OST) Link

Thanks!

There's apparently some controversy about the lyrics?  I wouldn't know, I didn't make it past the intro.

The Lost One's Weeping (Kagamine Rin): Mandachord (Original)

On 3/27/2018 at 2:35 PM, Dark_N_light said:

hey

can you make mandachord songs for:

Toxicity - System of a Down. Link 

Paradise City - Guns N' Roses. Link

Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N' Roses. Link

Crazy - Aerosmith. Link

Cryin - Aerosmith. Link

thanks in advance!

I try not to do this sort of thing with a song that's in 6/8 time unless everything else fits perfectly, and everything else does.

Toxicity (System Of A Down): Mandachord (Original)