Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4643 Mandachord requests fulfilled (rounds on Wednesdays)

Buff00n

Question

On 2019-08-23 at 10:54 PM, (XB1)MattieCat said:

Could you do anything from Banjo Tooie? Preferably something from this track 

If you can't then I appreciate you for taking your time to try. 🙂

Sorry, can't get anything recognizable from that.

On 2019-08-24 at 4:46 AM, Frost-Bourne said:

you must spend a lot of time to get the quality remakes you create.

It usually takes me between 5 and 15 minutes between hearing a song for the first time and uploading something to YouTube.

you said its the easiest part to create but I'm having a hard time with it because when I listen to the song they seem to meld right in with the bass

Separating out bass and drums can be tough, but one trick is to listen to it on crappy laptop or phone speakers that can't do low frequencies as well.  Losing low frequency fidelity tends to mute bass more than it does percussion.

how to get held notes on the mandachord

You can kind of fake held melody notes with the Adau melody because it's so mushy, just repeat the same note.  However, Adau is *so* mushy that you pretty much *have* to do that in order to hear it at all.  With everything else it's not really worth it.

I've gone ahead and transposed the song into D minor from G major (I think, first time doing anything like this so it might not be right.)

The original's key is a little fluid, it modulates from Em to Bm and back.  My opinion is your selection fits better when you treat it as Bm and transpose up a minor third:

Hot Pursuit (Payday 2): Mandachord (Original)

I usually make people wait two weeks before doing another request for them, but I have an ulterior motive for doing Payday 2 songs.  At some point I'm going to be making a How To Spy video and the soundtrack is going to be all Payday 2 :wink:

1 hour ago, Buff00n said:

It usually takes me between 5 and 15 minutes between hearing a song for the first time and uploading something to YouTube.

Separating out bass and drums can be tough, but one trick is to listen to it on crappy laptop or phone speakers that can't do low frequencies as well.  Losing low frequency fidelity tends to mute bass more than it does percussion.

You can kind of fake held melody notes with the Adau melody because it's so mushy, just repeat the same note.  However, Adau is *so* mushy that you pretty much *have* to do that in order to hear it at all.  With everything else it's not really worth it.

The original's key is a little fluid, it modulates from Em to Bm and back.  My opinion is your selection fits better when you treat it as Bm and transpose up a minor third:

Hot Pursuit (Payday 2): Mandachord (Original)

I usually make people wait two weeks before doing another request for them, but I have an ulterior motive for doing Payday 2 songs.  At some point I'm going to be making a How To Spy video and the soundtrack is going to be all Payday 2 :wink:

Thanks for the info on creating songs and your rendition of Hot Pursuit. :)

Also fair enough. I wont be requesting any more songs, for now anyways ;).

Right quick, I had an earworm, "Piercing Light" (from some League of Legends album release, can't remember which one), that I managed to punch into both the switch and xbox warframe logins that I made. How would I submit them to you so you could post the song? 

Edit: I'm an idiot. I also recorded the switch on my phone playing the song. Youtube is acting stupid and saying there's an internal error. It's my first upload, but here it is. 

Edited by koenigsreich
I'm an idiot.

On 2019-08-27 at 10:08 AM, koenigsreich said:

Right quick, I had an earworm, "Piercing Light" (from some League of Legends album release, can't remember which one), that I managed to punch into both the switch and xbox warframe logins that I made. How would I submit them to you so you could post the song? 

Edit: I'm an idiot. I also recorded the switch on my phone playing the song. Youtube is acting stupid and saying there's an internal error. It's my first upload, but here it is. 

Nice song, but this is just a thread for me to post my own stuff and take requests.  There really isn't a place for collecting random Mandachord tunes; unfortunately the megathread got archived a little while ago.

On 2019-08-27 at 7:23 PM, FrankWest21 said:

This song may be far too S#&$ amazing to convert to the mandachord but I'd appreciate a try. I'd prefer it if you did the chorus but if that's impossible any other part is fine too

Sorry, I can't even make it five seconds into that.  Maybe find whatever the backing music is?