Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4643 Mandachord requests fulfilled (rounds on Wednesdays)

Buff00n

Question

On 2020-01-30 at 9:25 AM, Leon_Von_Comarre said:

Can you do Snailchan Adventure by Snail's House?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US3VTVDRbjE

I don't think there's anything in the main song that will work, but there isn't enough pocky in the world for me figure it out for sure.  I can do the credits song, though.

Snailchan Adventure - end credits (Snail's House): Mandachord (Original)

On 2020-02-01 at 5:55 PM, (NSW)Yaibajin said:

River city girls-file select theme

So been looking through the river city girls ost for something that loops within the time limit of the manachord and has a close enough bpm. And I found this to be the best match (still going through it with a fine toothed comb-but I won't make another request until this gets done). I'd do it myself but I'd get the rhythm and timing fine but I've no sense of pitch whatsoever.

This song has a very steady percussion and weirdly the main melody is actually the bass. And what would be the melody are accompaniments to the bass.

Here's hoping more people request from the river city girls ost. Alot of it seems very fitting for the manachord (now if only we got an update that allowed more than a small loop).

I guess I can kind of do something if you don't care about the melody:

River City Girls file select theme: Mandachord (Original)

FYI: I also already have this up there

Relentless (River City Girls): Mandachord (Original)

On 2020-02-02 at 8:00 PM, (NSW)LIQUID12A said:

Just got into Octavia and I'm loving these Mandachord compositions. Got two requests, if you can manage:

First would be Spinal Coaster, the main beat in particular. It changes a bit as the song goes along, but for reference's sake, the segment from 0:02 to 0:08. 0:20 to 0:26 has the beat with more percussion behind it if that helps as reference. It's fast paced, so I understand if this one's impossible to do on a Mandachord.

Edit: There's one version of this same song that is slower. If using the slower version would allow it to be translated into a Mandachord, that's totally fine with me.

Second would be Dark Samus' theme from Metroid Prime 3, the beat heard from 0:11 to 0:19 in particular. This one is probably more feasible by comparison.

Thanks in advance.

The first one is not going to work on a Mandachord.  As usual, it's about the actual notes used rather than the tempo.  With the second one, there's nothing recognizable I can do for that.

On 2020-02-03 at 2:55 PM, -CM-Darkvamper said:

Hey, it's been a long time since I've last checked this thread out, as I've always ran with the original work you did on Owl City for me, almost 3 years ago.
You've done some impressive work since, and I thank you for it, while also making a second, humble request:

Could you do a (few) song(s) of alan walker's album?
Personal favorites:
- Diamond Heart
- Darkside
- Lost Control
If none of these are possible, I think Alone or Alone pt.II might be easier, although I haven't done an analysis of my own this time.

Tried pretty hard to find something in the first three, but nothing really works.  It's either very non-pentatonic or pentatonic but too wide a range.

• Like 1

On 2020-02-05 at 6:32 PM, THeMooN85 said:

I do have one request... I would like to see the results of this part of this song:

The moment it hits is 2:51 and I cant create it by my own... I don't have such skills.

Thanks in advance.

I remember trying pretty hard on that a year or two ago, had to give up.

On 2020-02-03 at 1:20 PM, Chol-Airth said:

Dear Mr. Buff00n,

I would first like to express my wonder at all the work you do. To me, music is something almost arcane. I love listening to it, but I don't think I could ever bring myself to actually start creating it. Therefore, I truly appreciate all the music you peculiar lot create. And you, having created all this amazing music, almost seems as if Octavia's Mandachord is your instrument of choice. I guess, all I want to say is, keep up the good work!

Now, since this is a request thread, I was wondering, if you could perhaps see if anything could be done about an old favorite of mine. The track in question is coming from Heroes of Might and Magic IV, Floating Across Water by Paul Romero. Here's the link to the original version (in-game): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkDXNSWJLuo

I honestly don't know if anything can be done with this track, what with all the instruments and the length of the song and so on. However, I have heard some good renditions of the song, made on single instrument like piano (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcJM5pEqrjo) or a guitar (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8toOUo4xnoA). Of course, this still leaves the question of length...

Be that as it may, I would greatly appreciate hearing this tune in any shape or form!

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

It's got a short repeating theme that repeats and has the right range.  The problem is it's in 6/8 time.  I can kind of smash it into the Mandachord, but it's gonna sound weird.

Sea Theme (Heroes of Might And Magic IV): Mandachord (Original)

Okay, I'm caught up and all it took was a marathon 4 hour session.

Moar:

I Will Possess Your Heart (Death Cab For Cutie): Mandachord (Original)

Heaven (Envy, The Impossible Game): Mandachord (Original)

Again (Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood opening 1): Mandachord (Original)

Lover Is a Day (CUCO): Mandachord (Original)

walk away as the door slams (lil peep): Mandachord (Original)

Physical (Dua Lipa): Mandachord (Original)

Take Me Out (Franz Ferdinand): Mandachord (Original)

Hello, 

I'm impressed you're still doing these requests
and I'm glad that you still are 🙂

Dawn of War 2 Khaine's wrath (3/4) signature

2:46 2-56
I'm aware that this has an incompatible time signature but I would like to know how you would remedy it (Because it is really good song)

To Battle Brothers

0:42-0:46

Kruhay (native song)

1:48 - 1:54 - opening
2:25 - 2:32 - chorus

Feuerfest Polka

0:34 - 0:40

Bruch - concerto 1
3rd movement opening phrase (I feel so much potential on this segment)

18:20-18:30 

Polonaise in D Major 
2nd Phrase

0:37 - 0:44

Paganini - Concerto 1

8:42 - 8:53

Libertango

(I couldn't find a phrase, the whole song is good)

Once again, I'm not asking for a perfect copy, it's on your own interpretation becaseI feel that you do these for fun heh

1 hour ago, Cephiraxite said:

Hello, 

I'm impressed you're still doing these requests
and I'm glad that you still are 🙂

Once again, I'm not asking for a perfect copy, it's on your own interpretation becaseI feel that you do these for fun heh

Can you narrow this down to your top three, please?

On 2020-02-07 at 9:34 PM, (PS4)Singularity-X1 said:

It's been awhile since i embarrassed myself on here. But what about: Ya Shohla S Uma/All the Things She Said - T.A.T.U.
https://youtu.be/-F-JfWqMG6g . If i could read music, i would have done it lol. Been trying to do Hell March, but I can't read music lol.

Sorry, can't make that work.  I also remember Hell March definitely not working.

• Like 1

On 2020-02-09 at 9:07 PM, Cephiraxite said:

Libertango, Polonaise and To Battle Brothers

You realize the Mandachord only has five notes from the pentatonic scale, right?  There's a reason the "Classical Music" section of my list is very small and mostly crap.  I ended up going through your whole list pretty quickly and found nothing I can even come close on.  You need an 'Ode To Joy' level of simplicity to even have a chance, which doesn't seem to be your style.

On 2020-02-12 at 10:24 PM, (NSW)Binky said:

Hello I would like to request and hope you could share your glyph, I'm playing on the Nintendo Switch.

I put glyph codes and instructions for getting more under the descriptions of my videos, you can find the latest at the top of my playlist.  Gotta be honest, I'm curious if anyone ever uses the NSW codes I post.

On 2020-02-12 at 10:24 PM, (NSW)Binky said:

My request is One Step Closer, even just the intro. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qlCC1GOwFw

Maybe on a Shawzin, but it's not going to fit on a Mandachord.

• Like 1