Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4643 Mandachord requests fulfilled (rounds on Wednesdays)

Buff00n

Question

12,168 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Fiftycentis said:

just a suggestion for the main post: what about using spoiler for every section? it's going to be long to scroll over all those songs

Unfortunately, content embedded in a spoiler section does not show up in when searching the forum.  This is the most compact I can make it while still showing up in search results.

13 minutes ago, Buff00n said:

Unfortunately, content embedded in a spoiler section does not show up in when searching the forum.  This is the most compact I can make it while still showing up in search results.

oh, didn't know that, well, going to 200 songs!!!
probably a bit too long for mandachord but... after 0:34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmI_Ndrxy14

7 minutes ago, Callback said:

I have.  Multiple times.  I come from Mabinogi.  I need my musical freedom.

It's fine.  You can't expect Pro Tools in something that's an optional part of 1 out of 33 playable characters in a game about space ninjas.  The limitations are reasonable, and you can still do a surprising number of stuff so it's recognizable.

It's Fisher Price's My First Sequencer (TM), and trying to make recognizable songs is part of the challenge.

2 minutes ago, Buff00n said:

It's fine.  You can't expect Pro Tools in something that's an optional part of 1 out of 33 playable characters in a game about space ninjas.  The limitations are reasonable, and you can still do a surprising number of stuff so it's recognizable.

It's Fisher Price's My First Sequencer (TM), and trying to make recognizable songs is part of the challenge.

I made pure cancer to spite them.  They thought limiting the tools would prevent abuse?  They thought wrong.  The ultimate form of space AIDS doesn't come from a MOA, it comes from ME.  It's 2008 all over again.

On 4/14/2017 at 6:31 AM, Buff00n said:

Rather than continue to monopolize the megathread, which is getting is a bit unwieldy with all the embedded YouTube movies, I'm opening a new thread to collect the Mandachord requests I've fulfilled so far and open up the floor to new ones.

If you have a request then feel free to PM me or add a comment to this thread.  If you have a video link then please just embed the link text and not the video; Chrome really struggles with a hundred embedded videos on one page.

The following list is arbitrarily categorized.  Each song has two links: one to the Mandachord version, and one to the original version keyed up to the section the Mandachord version came from.

Can i make request..... Arron Chupa.... Im an albatraoz :)

2 minutes ago, Callback said:

I made pure cancer to spite them.  They thought limiting the tools would prevent abuse?  They thought wrong.  The ultimate form of space AIDS doesn't come from a MOA, it comes from ME.  It's 2008 all over again.

I'd love to hear your malignant sound tumor if you care to post it!

Preventing abuse is impossible.  It's more about limiting possible abuse while making it accessible to the less musically inclined.  The lack of the natural minor scale's submediant and supertonic hurts quite a bit.  But not having half step intervals goes a long way towards preventing players from shooting themselves in the foot and preventing most of the more hair-curling dissonance.

11 minutes ago, Buff00n said:

I'd love to hear your malignant sound tumor if you care to post it!

Preventing abuse is impossible.  It's more about limiting possible abuse while making it accessible to the less musically inclined.  The lack of the natural minor scale's submediant and supertonic hurts quite a bit.  But not having half step intervals goes a long way towards preventing players from shooting themselves in the foot and preventing most of the more hair-curling dissonance.

I'd love to spread my cancer, but I'm not sure how.  in-game chat has a way to link songs, but there's no clipboard format to import/export.  And I'm not making a youtube video like OP.  Maybe a series of imgur upload screenshots to just show it?

Edited by Callback

Sorry if this is a really nubby sounding question in terms of the mandachord, but is the only way to copy these songs to my mandachord, to watch the video and manually change the notes on mine to match one by one? 

Or is there another quicker way to do it? 

Great work on all these by the way! Some are a lot closer than others, but the mandachord is so limited that making a lot of popular tunes sound accurate is going to be impossible no matter how musically trained or inclined you are. 

6 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Sorry if this is a really nubby sounding question in terms of the mandachord, but is the only way to copy these songs to my mandachord, to watch the video and manually change the notes on mine to match one by one? 

Great work on all these by the way! Some are a lot closer than others, but the mandachord is so limited that making a lot of popular tunes sound accurate is going to be impossible no matter how musically trained or inclined you are. 

there is a quicker way, meet in a relay/dojo with someone and you can trade songs (don't remember how and never done personally), but you have to find online someone that have it, and the time you are going to spend for it is bigger than the one you spend copying notes even if it's quite boring

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Unfortunately there's no outside-the-game way to share songs.  Pausing the video and copying by hand is more or less tedious but it works.

Since I don't have 178 song slots I tend to not actually save most of these after making the video.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)thedarkness490 said:

if i could make a request i see you did a neir automata song if you could make more that would be awesome. i wont be picky since you said piano is something you cant do on the mandachord

Sorry, I'm gonna need you to narrow it down.  I'm not familiar with the music and I don't have time to listen to all of it.

12 hours ago, (Xbox One)AUTOBOT KNIGHT said:

Easy but very annoying.

Out Of The Black (Royal Blood): Mandachord (Original)