Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4643 Mandachord requests fulfilled (rounds on Wednesdays)

Buff00n

Question

On 2017-04-14 at 10:31 AM, Buff00n said:

I currently have a bit of a backlog, so it may be a while before I can get to your request.

How to get my glyph:

Reveal hidden contents

I'll be putting a few codes on my last Mandachord video of the day, but I have additional ways to give out codes.

1. (PC): If you're on PC MWF around 8-12pm US time, I'm usually somewhere in the Pluto relay making tunes. Stop by and say Hi, and I'll give you a code.
    Basically, if it's in the "evening" US time and you see me post a video or respond in this thread then that means I'm at Orcus.  If you show up then you may have to be patient; I spend a lot of time looking away from my screen figuring out songs and posting stuff.  Using @Buff00n in the chat or PMing will get my attention faster.
  2. (PC and Consoles): Try the codes on my latest Mandachord video.  You can find it by going to my playlist.
  3. (PC and Consoles): If all the codes are gone, then along with the codes will be some kind of music-related question.  PM me on the forums with the answer and I'll give you a code.

Ground Rules:

• Everybody gets one.  Rounds are on Fridays
    • If I've done a request for you then please wait two weeks before requesting another.
    • If I'm backlogged then I may not get to yours for a few rounds.
    • If you have a list then I'm only going to go through the top 3, so please try to narrow it down.
  • If you have a video link then please just embed the link itself and not the video.
    • No "extended" music links, please, just the original one time through is much easier to work with.
  • If you have a particular section of the song in mind then make sure you mention it.
  • Please don't PM me with requests.  Just leave it on the thread and I'll get to it when I can. 
  • "Can you do anything from ______?"  You're going to have to narrow it down to specific songs for me.  I don't have omniscient knowledge of all music, yet.
  • I don't take Shawzin requests here; because of the effort involved I can't guarantee a response one way or another.  Basically, leave it in a YouTube comment and if a bunch of people request/upvote something I'll see it.

Also check out:

TUNES

The OP was officially too big to update any more, so I have moved the song list into my comments on the first page of this thread. 

I had eight comments on the first page, so I re-purposed them and split up the song list into sections.  These links will take you to the specific comment, but they're all on the same page so you can still search for everything in one place.

I wrote up a basic tutorial on my process:

Thanks, DE!

Reveal hidden contents

J32N1rE.jpg

Hey was wondering if Lost in Paradise's chorus was possible on the mandachord. 

your work is amazing btw, im really impressed

On 2021-03-23 at 3:37 AM, Buff00n said:

Thanks for the timestamps, they allowed me to rule out the whole list really fast.  You're getting closer, though.  The Browning stuff is just never gonna work, but the Blue Stahli stuff is getting near to the right ballpark.

Really? Not one of them worked? Because I was actually able to make something out of "Unholy - White Poison" (mandascore: v1, v2). It's not great, but it's something! 😅Perhaps you're being too perfectionistic? Is it that you could maybe make a mandachord song inspired by the songs I linked, but not exactly cover them? And thus you wouldn't feel like saying "this is x-song by x-artist" when that's not exactly what it is? 

Anyway, here's more songs to try lol. As always, ignore vocals unless you think it's the only way to make the song work.

Spoiler

MATHEMATIC - Brrrlin - 0:50

Die Braut - Wenn das Spiel beginnt - 0:31

Die Braut - The New Men - 0:25 (0:50 for more of the same bars) or 1:47 or 2:20 

Die Braut - Zoopsychic - 0:46 preferably, but you can try any part

Die Braut - Flüchtling - 0:44 preferably, but any part would be great

Die Braut - Defending You - 2:15 or 0:58 or 1:22

Raxion Guerrilla - No Way to Heaven - 0:28

Scandroid - Empty Streets - any part, vocal melody probably shouldn't be ignored - this song (and Scandroid in general) fits Fortuna and Octavia so well!!! 😍

Celldweller - Breakout (Scandroid Remix) - any part, vocal melodies may be included

Scandroid - Aphelion - any part except for the weird synth solos

Edited by RottenBabe

On 2021-03-22 at 6:59 PM, (PSN)Vindicalis said:

Hello there. Can you replicate the first few seconds of Break My Heart by Dua Lipa.

Preferably any where between 0:00 - 0:44 seconds in the song.

Dua Lipa - Break My Heart. 

These two videos will help ❤️

Sorry, can't make that work

On 2021-03-24 at 4:48 PM, RottenBabe said:

Really? Not one of them worked? Because I was actually able to make something out of "Unholy - White Poison" (mandascore: v1, v2). It's not great, but it's something! 😅Perhaps you're being too perfectionistic? Is it that you could maybe make a mandachord song inspired by the songs I linked, but not exactly cover them? And thus you wouldn't feel like saying "this is x-song by x-artist" when that's not exactly what it is? 

If that works for you then use it.  I can tell you the first interval in the original melody is a minor ninth, which is three semitones beyond what the Mandachord can do, and it only gets worse from there.  With some some very special songs, mostly warframe OSTs, I will settle for "inspired by", but if I did that for everything then I'd have fifteen thousand videos at this point.

On 2021-03-24 at 4:48 PM, RottenBabe said:

Anyway, here's more songs to try lol. As always, ignore vocals unless you think it's the only way to make the song work.

Hide contents

MATHEMATIC - Brrrlin - 0:50

Die Braut - Wenn das Spiel beginnt - 0:31

Die Braut - The New Men - 0:25 (0:50 for more of the same bars) or 1:47 or 2:20 

Die Braut - Zoopsychic - 0:46 preferably, but you can try any part

Die Braut - Flüchtling - 0:44 preferably, but any part would be great

Die Braut - Defending You - 2:15 or 0:58 or 1:22

Raxion Guerrilla - No Way to Heaven - 0:28

Okay, this is the only timestamp in there that's even close to working, and I have to split it between bass and melody to do it

Brrrlin (Mathematic): Mandachord (Original)

Your preferred music style is just not Mandachord friendly.

• Like 1