Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NO MELEE RIVEN

Kaitoru

Not only i want melee rivens but i also want riven slots increase, 3 or 6 more would be fine really.

Altough on the subject of unusable, all gear in warframe is usable and perfectly fine even without primed mods or riven mods, the point of riven is to make less used weapons more popular, they do not make something usable into usable again.

Edited by KIREEK

The issue i have with melee's getting rivens is that only about 10% of melee is overpowered while the rest sit in a pile of low dmg low status and or low crit. If DE didnt base the disposition on amount used I wouldn't care but right now it will be just silly.

10 minutes ago, redeyedtreefrog said:

Well, sure, melees are already OP. they're also the mos tbalanced weapon class in the game. But melee rivens will still get added, it seems.

Balanced ? How ?

6 minutes ago, CrudShuzKong said:

there are unuseable melee weapons that might become useable with rivens and thats the whole point of it really.

Yeah...  If you really believe that rivens are here to make bad weapons better, good for you ;)

4 minutes ago, Kaitoru said:

thing is if they add it in the trade will be come chaos and then they will complain that melee is too OP not balance 

Things like balance and power creep should remain a PvP concern.

In PvE?

Balance doesn't matter as long as DE continues to use invulnerability stages for bosses.

8 minutes ago, Kaitoru said:

honestly i think melee is already over power enough and adding rivens for it is just like giving god more power

Stealth multipliers double-dipping on certain status ailments getting nerfed to a fixed 8x multiplier instead of, say, stealth Gas having 512x is a thing now. There's really nothing op about melee now, even with the Shadow Debt mods to consider.

The only thing that's residually op now is Covert Lethality, and that got nerfed with Juggernauts being immune to Finishers now.

And Telos Boltace got nerfed to the ground, which a moderate amount of players (myself included) are still asking for the weapon to get another look at the reworked mechanic to make for a more efficient gameplay experience (removal of the second slide attack effect that ragdolls, removal of cooldown).

Really, all you have now is Bleed procs, Corrosive procs, and building up combo multipliers which still takes time to build. Melee is not op like it was before.

4 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

Not only i want melee rivens but i also want riven slots increase, 3 or 6 more would be fine really.

Altough on the subject of unusable, all gear in warframe is usable and perfectly fine even without primed mods or riven mods, the point of riven is to make less used weapons more popular, they do not make something usable into usable again.

That was supposed to be what syndicate mods were for. Instead you have trade chat spammed with people looking for Hek and Pandero Rivens

6 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Yeah...  If you really believe that rivens are here to make bad weapons better, good for you ;)

While I personally dont care about rivens at all due to their enormous rng grind wall, if you do happen to rol a good one on a weapon with strong disposition, it will make that weapon better by quite a margin. That is a lot of "if"s but it is the truth. It will help with weapon diversity even if its just a little.

2 minutes ago, Kaitoru said:

will it help? sure maybe but will it buff the already op melee? yes it will 

It won't help the OP ones that much mostly because melee builds are quite strict and a weak disposition won't give you better results than mods already in the game. 

melee rivens are not an issue tbh, as melee is generally weak/irrelevant simply due to the fact they are melee weapons in a shooter.  

The thing we should be demand not happen is Rivens for Warframes... That would be horrible... absolutely horrible.