Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mios missing its unique cord textures

Casardis

Just now, Cyriann said:

Still here it is what? A missing animation we know existed, so probably an error in file tracking, and a positioning error, so possibly a script error. 

For all I know, they're not the bugs to take a long time to time to troubleshot for nor the hardest ones to fix either. 

I know, it doesn't sound to me (although I have not much idea on this stuff) super hard to work on. I'm pretty sure that if they looked at it someone could fix it quite fast.

But oh well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Il y a 12 heures, LightningsVengance a dit :

When is the Paris Game Week and what is it?

It will be in November. 

It is a Gaming event that has been growing in Paris for a few years, I was never imagining that DE would come to it one day, so since I can't really travel around the globe to see them I'm going to make the best out of this occasion. 

1 minute ago, Casardis said:

Great. Fighting this for so many years, and now the Mios + Lacera are even  MORE BROKEN, completely unusable.

This is really rough. I've wanted to build Mios for so long but put it off thanks to seeing your threads on Reddit about this issue and here we are years later and apparently it only got worse.

Il y a 5 heures, Casardis a dit :

Tenno.
TENNO!

THE DREAM HAS COME TRUE! While the whip texture itself for the Mios hasn't been fixed (still using Lacera), the ANIMATION IS BACK BABY.

Cool, has the positioning problem been solved? 

2 hours ago, [DE]Saske said:

Hey Tenno! The Mios is currently using the correct cord mesh, the cord texture you are referring to was actually the broken one. The UV's were causing the textures to be smudged across the whole whip mesh.

So the Mios cord is supposed to be metallic like the Lacera? Kind of an odd choice IMO since there are no metallics (besides the whip blade) in the whole design. Also weird that it looked like a proper tendon-like structure despite being a bug.

Regardless thank you for clarifying!

Edited by Casardis

Il y a 4 heures, [DE]Saske a dit :

Hey Tenno! The Mios is currently using the correct cord mesh, the cord texture you are referring to was actually the broken one. The UV's were causing the textures to be smudged across the whole whip mesh.

Interesting... 

Any news over the positioning ? I know I sound like a broken record but I really really want that fixed, I haven't had the possibility to use it since it is literally broken when I put it on my character. 

On 2018-08-02 at 5:15 PM, Casardis said:

Tenno.
TENNO!

THE DREAM HAS COME TRUE! While the whip texture itself for the Mios hasn't been fixed (still using Lacera), the ANIMATION IS BACK BABY.

On 2018-08-03 at 9:19 PM, Tarak said:

Here's hoping the melee rework involves fixes toward all the really wonky sheathed positioning.

I've been away for a while and just logged in to take a look.  While I'm overjoyed to see the return of the old idle animation, in the process we've now lost the option to use the two Dual Dagger holsters that were previously available. 

Left from an old shot; right is what i saw when i equipped my Lacera.

unknown.png

Il y a 7 heures, Twofish a dit :

I've been away for a while and just logged in to take a look.  While I'm overjoyed to see the return of the old idle animation, in the process we've now lost the option to use the two Dual Dagger holsters that were previously available. 

unknown.png

I guess taht also explains where the animation problem came from, though I'm sorry it butchered your look... 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2018-08-06 at 10:10 PM, Twofish said:

Yeah that is the unfortunate tradeback. I feel that the whole Dual Dagger thing was the cause of the animation bug and it was never intended to have that holster. That being said, it worked so well that I think they could easily be implemented as an additional holster for the weapon, since it only has the default one right now.

Edited by Casardis

15 hours ago, Casardis said:

Yeah that is the unfortunate tradeback. I feel that the whole Dual Dagger thing was the cause of the animation bug and it was never intended to have that holster. That being said, it worked so well that I think they could easily be implemented as an additional holster for the weapon, since it only has the default one right now.

Yeah, and considering it was the benefit of a bug I would be more than happy to buy it as a proper option.  I don't know for a fact, but I highly doubt I paid platinum for it the first time.

Il y a 12 heures, Twofish a dit :

Yeah, and considering it was the benefit of a bug I would be more than happy to buy it as a proper option.  I don't know for a fact, but I highly doubt I paid platinum for it the first time.

I know when I noticed I had not paid platinum for it yet it was there. 

• 1 month later...
On 2018-10-24 at 6:29 AM, Cyriann said:

So, no news on the holster fix ? 

We have the cord fixed, the animation as well, but the holster is still #*!%ed up, and really badly. 

Holster isn't bugged for me. It only is if it was previously set to dual daggers, but if you switch back to the regular one and reset the settings, it fixes.

I don't think the dual dagger ones will ever come back unless requested in the feedback section.

Edited by Casardis