Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quality Of Life: Make the Tigris reload like Zarr/Strun

Sloth45

This suggestion is pretty self explanitory. If you fire the zarr or the strun until the magazine runs dry, then it always reloads at the same speed. However, if you reload early, your warframe only loads in the amount of shots missing, thus taking less time to reload.

Currently, if you fire one shot from your Tigris, Sancti Tigris, or Tigris Prime, and then reload it, your warframe will replace both shots in both barrels, despite only firing one. If you could unload both barrels for the regular reload speed, but also only reload one barrel if you only fire one shot for a reduced reload time, that would give it a better ease of use for most of the star-chart. If you don't need to use both shots, why do you need to reload both? Just a thought, since we already have shotguns that use a better reload mechanic that would suit the design.

I'm gonna be honest, I don't see the point. All of the Tigris family is stupidly powerful (with even the OG MR6 Tigris being more than capable of handling sorties and endless runs) and they don't need anything that would even kinda make them better than they currently are.

Also, the whole Tigris family has a pretty negligible reload time, with all of them being less than 2 seconds. 

If you're thinking that reloading just 1 bullet will cut the reload time in half, it won't work like that. Only the ammo inserting animation will be different. Chamber opening and closing animation will still require the same amount of time. And when you're just reloading 2 bullets, the difference between loading full and loading 1 bullet is probably just 0.1-0.2 second.

Also this will hurt 4 bullets Tigris build because the reload time will be doubled, instead of just minor increase from the corrupted mod. If any we should remove this style of reloading because it will hurt any +magazine bonus.

While I AM a fan of single-shell reloading, I don't think it fits on tigris. The way tigris is situated, it would likely be reloaded using a quick-loader (basically it holds all the shells so you can shove them all in at the same time). I could see it maybe working on boar, since it has multiple spaces on its mag that need to be reloaded, but not with tigris.

Holding out hope that the tenno pump shotty will reload that way though: Gonna get rhino, color him all master-chief like and pretend I'm hunting the flood.

But nah. Tigris is good as-is.

Tigris reload speed wouldn't improve with reloading only one shell.  Ignoring the fact that we're expected to empty both barrels with a single trigger pull, there's still the act of opening the chamber, ejecting the spent shells, putting in a shell (you'll shave of maybe .1 of a second loading only one shell) and then sealing the weapon shut again.

You can already reload one shell, assuming you don't fire both barrels.

Just hold your fire key and...hit reload. Empty barrel reloaded. Easy.

I don't really see a point to any changes in this family of guns. They aren't meant for tactical reloads. Fire what you fire and reload. They're simple guns and that pretty much covers all the bases. Oh, and many double-barreled shotguns had auto-ejectors. Double rifles frequently didn't for several reasons. Regardless, it has little to do with these guns.

Your "quality of life fix" would ruin both my Tigris'.  I cant stress how much I would hate for them to be reloaded one by one.  You would literally be throwing my favorite weapon series in the trash, lighting it on fire, then in a woodchipper, then back into a fire.

The shot by shot reload mechanism is one of the worst things you can do a weapon as the reload speeds become stupidly long because you need to have each shell reloading animation be long enough to not make it look ridiculous having your hands moving at the speed of sound.  The Strun was ruined because of that reload, why would you want to repeat it?

This "quality of life" change is nothing but a nerf, not only to damage, but also to usability, a factor which the Tigris' series already severely lacks.

Edited by Insizer

On 4/16/2017 at 1:49 AM, Insizer said:

The shot by shot reload mechanism is one of the worst things you can do a weapon as the reload speeds become stupidly long because you need to have each shell reloading animation be long enough to not make it look ridiculous having your hands moving at the speed of sound

absolute nonsense. we have Reloads in Warframe that are exactly that. your hands doing some voodoo tricks and poof.

the amount of time each Sequantial Reload takes is simply a decided upon number, and for Strun Series it's a bit longer than it should be.
but Sequential Reloading is superior for some types of Weapons, ones that generally shoot slow enough and have not too large or too small capacities to make it an excellent choice for improving Sustained Damage.

On 4/18/2017 at 2:40 PM, taiiat said:

absolute nonsense. we have Reloads in Warframe that are exactly that. your hands doing some voodoo tricks and poof.

the amount of time each Sequantial Reload takes is simply a decided upon number, and for Strun Series it's a bit longer than it should be.
but Sequential Reloading is superior for some types of Weapons, ones that generally shoot slow enough and have not too large or too small capacities to make it an excellent choice for improving Sustained Damage.

And I'm afraid that they will slow it down overall to make the reload animation more evident.  But I don't want to take the chance that they will prioritize artisitc "that looks cool" over function because they have a history of doing exactly that.

EDIT: I run 4 shot build on my Tigris series shotguns for usability because at the end of the day what matters is reload time/shell.  This round-by-round reload would cause my overall reload time to double. Why the hell wouldn't I pissed?  This QoL change would ruin my builds just because someone wants to be able to shorten the reload time of one shell?  One shell that they could fire at another enemy, like they were already going to do had then been able to reload shell by shell, and then load the entire clip at once.

I have rarely met a weapon in any game that I like having it reload one round at a time.  Some people may cry to the heavens on why it is so great for some weapons, and for a little bit I might agree, but eventually I'll eventually come to hate it as all I find it doing forcing me to reload twice as often for half the amount of time each reload.  To me usability and feel of a weapon is important to me when I'm playing a game.  This "quality of life fix" will do nothing but ruin the quality of life of the Tigris series for me.

You can say "tough S#&$" to me for caring so much about the feel of a weapon or for using a 4 shot build, but you forget that others use larger mag builds as well.  The Tigris series has a reload problem, and there are three ways of fixing it: A) lowering reload time, B) increasing magazine size, C) lowering reload time and increasing magazine size.  I guarantee you that I'm not only one who does either B or C.  What do you say to those people who've just been negatively effected because someone wanted to reload one shell a bit quicker in order to do something that has little to no positive effect DPS-wise?

The Tigris does not shoot slow, and while it has a low clip it also has a relatively fast reload time.  Why would it need this "fix" in the first place?  Its issue is that it has to reload too often for which reloading even more often makes little sense imo.  If anything the fix should be allowing you to partially reload your next magazine while reloading your first.  There are better shotgun candidates for fix, ones that actually have long reload times and have a decent clip size to warrant being able to in the middle of your long reloading sequence, like the Sobek and Boar, or the Hek for which loading barrel-by-barrel would make sense as opposed to shoving a stick into one of them and magically reloading all of them.

EDIT EDIT: I apologize for any hostile or angry sentiment displayed in the my post.  I'm not really angry or anything, I just would really hate this change to occur.

Edited by Insizer

My QoL request for the Tigris is one shell at a time with the regular trigger, and both barrels with alt fire. One round is enough to kill almost anything as it is, and holding down the trigger for that second shot is a mighty pain. 

But reload needs nothing. It's fast as hell anyway. 

I just want to point out that there is no such thing as a "4 shell, 2 barrel shotgun".

The weapon does not suddenly get 4 barrels, the shots are "virtual shells" so the gun would still reload only TWO shells, but allow firing of four because "space magic" ... at least that is what a sensible game designer would do ... right?

5 hours ago, DSpite said:

I just want to point out that there is no such thing as a "4 shell, 2 barrel shotgun".

The weapon does not suddenly get 4 barrels, the shots are "virtual shells" so the gun would still reload only TWO shells, but allow firing of four because "space magic" ... at least that is what a sensible game designer would do ... right?

the type of reloading he is asking for would be replace one shot at a time...so the tigris would have to load in all 4 shells one at a time. (just like the strun would)

On 4/18/2017 at 11:45 PM, taiiat said:

it's possible, it just isn't a requirement that A results B.

You are right, it is a logical fallacy, but it is a concern I would have nonetheless due to precedent.

On 4/19/2017 at 0:33 AM, DSpite said:

Sensibility has nothing to do with it, as you know.  We have a 4 shot, 4 barrel shotgun (Hek) whose magazine is connected mid barrel solely to one barrel with no obvious system to distribute the shells. Reloading just reloads the magazine.

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no NO! NEVER change a weapon to be like that ever again. None of you realise the string became crap the moment it got that nerf. I sincerely hope de never does that again. The strun (wraith)'s reload time doubled when that happened, and I know that wouldn't entirely happen to the Tigris, but de likes their clunk, and wouldn't put it past them. (See: weapon swap speeds)