Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove dealths and k/d from conclave statistics. Don't make bad players feel bad about themselves.

-InV-igo95862

That's a horribly bleeding heart "everyone is special in their own way" narrative.

Skill rating is a way to induce a competitive nature in people, it drives and motivates them to be better.
This is why games like LoL and Overwatch with their ranking systems are so popular.

In the end if you don't like it, don't play Conclave.
It's PvP it's supposed to be COMPETITIVE, you can't have a competitive environment that doesn't track stats/skill.
Stick to the standard PvE stuff if you don't like it.

12 minutes ago, Klavinmour said:

Skill rating is a way to induce a competitive nature in people, it drives and motivates them to be better.

The problem comes when players prefer leaving a match as soon as a better player appears in order to keep their KD. I recently played against a player who was complaining here on forums about pvp and using his KD of 2.x to dismiss the opinion of another player with 1/1.1; I killed him 3 times in less than 2 minutes and he left even when my kd is just 1.2 or something like that.

After letting you know this experience I'd like to ask you: how is KD an actual measure of skill?

Edited by Stormdragon

Excuse my incoming vulgar language, Devs, but it must be said.

It's people like you that I can't stand.

Don't whine because you aren't good at a game based around PvE that has a horrible PvP system. It's even clunkier than when Genji got nerfed.

It's PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER. It's COMPETITIVE. You pit yourself against other people. to test HOW GOOD YOU REALLY ARE. That's like saying you want to talk, but you wanna get your tongue removed, or living, but you don't like your brain. Excuse me DE for saying this, that is just plain stupid.  If you can't take a loss, much less a hit, you should just completely stay away from PvP.

Just stick with the regular content Warframe puts out there. Go wreck the Corpus or something. The PvP was never great anyways.

1 minute ago, Stormdragon said:

The problem comes when players prefer leaving a match as soon as a better player appears in order to keep their KD. I recently played against a player who was complaining here on forums about pvp and using his KD of 2.x to dismiss the opinion of another player with 1/1.1; killed him 3 times in less than 2 minutes and he left even when my kd is about half of his. This opens the question, how is KD an actual measure of skill?

That's just a scummy person in general, avoiding getting his hands dirty. A spoiled brat. A vulture flying with a falcon's wings.

10 minutes ago, Klavinmour said:

That's a horribly bleeding heart "everyone is special in their own way" narrative.

This is why games like LoL and Overwatch with their ranking systems are so popular.

In the end if you don't like it, don't play Conclave.
It's PvP it's supposed to be COMPETITIVE, you can't have a competitive environment that doesn't track stats/skill.
Stick to the standard PvE stuff if you don't like it.

Both Overwatch and LoL has unranked mode that does not show your ranking.

And Overwatch does not even display your deaths.

There is nothing competitive in K/D. Its only about farming noobs. I can get a new account and get a ridiculous K/D by only playing in Recruitment Condition against new players, instantly leaving as soon as someone experienced shows up.

The problem about statistics is not even allow players play in "casually mode" with friends. Statistics are interesting when we talk about "ranked/competitive games" cenario. Sometimes people just want play conclave for have fun with some friends

Edited by --Blame--

5 minutes ago, Bwandi said:

Don't whine because you aren't good at a game based around PvE that has a horrible PvP system. It's even clunkier than when Genji got nerfed.

It's PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER. It's COMPETITIVE. You pit yourself against other people. to test HOW GOOD YOU REALLY ARE. That's like saying you want to talk, but you wanna get your tongue removed, or living, but you don't like your brain. Excuse me DE for saying this, that is just plain stupid.  If you can't take a loss, much less a hit, you should just completely stay away from PvP.

Just stick with the regular content Warframe puts out there. Go wreck the Corpus or something. The PvP was never great anyways.

That's just a scummy person in general, avoiding getting his hands dirty. A spoiled brat. A vulture flying with a falcon's wings.

Check my profile in game. I have 32 000 kills with 11 000 deaths which is around 3:0 K/D - above average.

10 minutes ago, Bwandi said:

you should eat a snicker before post.

The main reason to hide statistics from people would be to prevent harassment and toxicity, e.g. in Overwatch other players cannot see who got gold/silver/bronze/no medals for performance in a match, but a player should be able to see their own stats so that they know if they need to improve or change their strategy. Someone might think they're doing well with a strategy, but in reality they aren't doing well at all, their own impression of how they are doing can be biased and from an unhelpful perspective, but statistics never lie.

mhm... How about adding stats that only take the last month or so in to account, so you can see if u are improving?

A monthly k/d would be better to measure your present skill anyway, as it wouldn't account for times where you had to find a way into the whole conlclave thing.

Just now, Dawn11715 said:

mhm... How about adding stats that only take the last month or so in to account, so you can see if u are improving?

A monthly k/d would be better to measure your present skill anyway, as it wouldn't account for times where you had to find a way into the whole conlclave thing.

looks pretty good, a lot of my k/d/a is about my darksector conflict stats lol

1 minute ago, YUNoJump said:

The main reason to hide statistics from people would be to prevent harassment and toxicity, e.g. in Overwatch other players cannot see who got gold/silver/bronze/no medals for performance in a match, but a player should be able to see their own stats so that they know if they need to improve or change their strategy. Someone might think they're doing well with a strategy, but in reality they aren't doing well at all, their own impression of how they are doing can be biased and from an unhelpful perspective, but statistics never lie.

That

except the only ststistics you should believe in are those you faked yourself ;)

2 minutes ago, Dawn11715 said:

Interesting idea but again K/D does not equal skill.

Erm..... how about NO? 

I am not good at conclave, believe me, but just because I'm terrible doesn't mean I will be shamed upon every time a player reads my stats!

It just means git gud!

It gives a source of improvement and possible improvement, without stats I won't know I'm doing bad at this x game mode or I get better K/D when play this x game mode, without them I would just think I'm a god at conclave because nothing would prove otherwise!

5 minutes ago, -InV-igo95862 said:

There is nothing competitive in K/D. Its only about farming noobs. I can get a new account and get a ridiculous K/D by only playing in Recruitment Condition against new players, instantly leaving as soon as someone experienced shows up.

Again, devs, please excuse my vulgar language. I mean no disrespect, or harm, or any ill will.

1. Overwatch has a S#&$tier system, with the medals. It lets spamrat mains brag about spamming down Rein shields for "gold damage" while at the same time getting picked over and over and over again by Pharah, and refusing to switch. Oh, and if you noticed right next to the button labeled "Arcade" stands the button "Competitive", and if you right click that button, there you will see the "Leaderboard" button.

As for that they don't publicly show your SR, or KD, it's called "View Career Profile" So, your argument is done for here

2. League is already toxic. Why you want to add even more toxicity. You lost an arm, let's lose another!, is basically what they'd be saying. Giving more people to rage over their game.

3. If you haven't noticed by now, BOTH are MAJOR esports games. With this, it only entails that they are both COMPETITIVE.

1 minute ago, -InV-igo95862 said:

Check my profile in game. I have 32 000 kills with 11 000 deaths which is around 3:0 K/D - above average.

And if your KD was so high, I don't even see as to why you'd even suggest this. "Oh hey, look at me, I have an above average KD" Gonna brag that you're platinum now?

18 minutes ago, -InV-igo95862 said:

The Unranked modes in both games are for practicing for the Ranked modes.
In LoL you definitely see other player's rank (last season rank) from the border they have around their loading card.

Overwatch might not show how many deaths you have, but anyone can look at your profile and see a clear K/D rating.
And K/D/A is a HUGE part of LoL, since it's how the game is focused on in game progress, kills granting the most gold, assists grant the least, while being dead prevents you from farming creep.

Over watch is also @(*()$ stupid for not having a score board, considering its a competitive game, and people that play it want to compete.

Its also pretty damn backwards, in a game that you're straight up killing each other, to be all scared to hurt the other players feelings by showing them how much another players killing them.

9 minutes ago, Bwandi said:

Again, devs, please excuse my vulgar language. I mean no disrespect, or harm, or any ill will.

Apologizing for resentment does not make you respectful.

__

I believe the solution would be a K / D that resets every month
Or an option for K / D to be visible in the profile or not
Or a casual conclave mode

2 minutes ago, Sakatchi said:

Over watch is also @(*()$ stupid for not having a score board, considering its a competitive game, and people that play it want to compete.

Its also pretty damn backwards, in a game that you're straight up killing each other, to be all scared to hurt the other players feelings by showing them how much another players killing them.

Overwatch removes those stats because it's a TEAM-BASED competitive game. Removing K/D isn't about "hurt feelings" like people who whine about "the cancer of safe spaces" like to themselves whine about, it's about discouraging stupid lone wolves from lone wolfing at stupid times

It's like when TF2 removed global leaderboards in favor of tracking "your personal bests" instead

5 minutes ago, --Blame-- said:

Sometimes I want to do events in my clan using the conclave, but then players do not want to participate precisely because of the K / D problem

All this talk of getting gut and being a competitive mode is bullS#&$

Don't tell me you quit Dark Souls because it was too hard.