Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove dealths and k/d from conclave statistics. Don't make bad players feel bad about themselves.

-InV-igo95862

14 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Did they confirm that it was a serious "censor"?

(Feels wrong using that word, but I guess this IS like the one instance where you're actually correct in using the word "censor" in a situation where the government didn't get involved)

Here's a thread from the official forums discussing it https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748496736

It is a serious censor be cause enough people complained about it to make Blizzard think it was a problem that needed fixing.

This doesn't have anything to do with Overwatch's censor but it gives you a good idea of the political atmosphere floating around in blizzard now a days http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/7/7174855/blizzard-head-says-harassment-is-tarnishing-gamer-reputation

So the conclusion you can draw is they saw gg ez as online harassment and censored it.

Best thing to do really is to just to ignore it and play a few matches, cause social politics aside, its still a good game.

1 hour ago, Sakatchi said:

Here's a thread from the official forums discussing it https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748496736

It is a serious censor be cause enough people complained about it to make Blizzard think it was a problem that needed fixing.

This doesn't have anything to do with Overwatch's censor but it gives you a good idea of the political atmosphere floating around in blizzard now a days http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/7/7174855/blizzard-head-says-harassment-is-tarnishing-gamer-reputation

So the conclusion you can draw is they saw gg ez as online harassment and censored it.

Best thing to do really is to just to ignore it and play a few matches, cause social politics aside, its still a good game.

I am seeing a distinct lack of the devs confirming anything.

If evidence is absent, never automatically assume malace when stupidity or pranking are equally likely. And when programmers are involved with removing your oh so precious K/D ratio, never assume malice ever; they had an actual reason for it

17 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I am seeing a distinct lack of the devs confirming anything.

If evidence is absent, never automatically assume malace when stupidity or pranking are equally likely. And when programmers are involved with removing your oh so precious K/D ratio, never assume malice ever; they had an actual reason for it

Welp I gave you a mountain of proof, not my fault if you just refuse to accept it I guess.

So, let me give you the advice nobody else is giving you: 

You should play PVP if you find PVP fun, and stop worrying about this weird popularity contest you're having with the other cool l337 gamers. I mean, honestly, at the end of the day you need to ask yourself why you care about this and why the acceptance of the kind of... "person" who cares about your k/d ratio in a video game is so important to you.

7 hours ago, Sakatchi said:

Welp I gave you a mountain of proof, not my fault if you just refuse to accept it I guess.

You didn't give me the devs themselves confirming anything. Ergo no proof. The simple existence of whining fans is not proof that the devs were actually listening to them

On 17/04/2017 at 2:24 PM, Stormdragon said:

Let me guess: someone needs a big meaningless number to compensate for something being the other way around.

I made this thread with a couple of examples of both, a noob farmer with less than 10K kills at that moment, and a bad player with a positive KD, both thanks to the choice of staying in RC. There is also another player with these conclave stats

2X3j2wH.png

His KD is higher than yours and is far away from 100K kills so based on your logic, he must be a conclave good who will mop the floor with Pythadragon (stats posted by himself above) or any other pc player getting in his way. FEAR!

Saying that certain play styles ruin the competitive nature of pvp won't magically teach you tou counter them.

Here you are still implying that kd is meaningless and yet have no evidence to back it up, also I love when people rope in something irrelevant and try and use that to inflate their argument priceless.

i think kills and deaths shouldn't be displayed until the user turns off recruit conditioning and only then should they be able to influence their stats (also I find if funny that you know that account is a noob farmer which just proves what I have already said)

that account only has 5k kills. Hardly better than someone with 42k and only 3.0 ratio off. Also looking at the 30k deaths pythadragon has it's obvious he doesn't do well at avoiding deaths.

this isn't overwatch bro, there's no "counter" you can simply outplay those individuals which new players or casual players can't and they especially won't stick around and play conclave for long after running into that meta trash.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

that account only has 5k kills. Hardly better than someone with 42k and only 3.0 ratio off. Also looking at the 30k deaths pythadragon has it's obvious he doesn't do well at avoiding deaths.

He has 30k deaths because he usually plays against people as skilled as him and have a good chance of killing him.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

Here you are still implying that kd is meaningless and yet have no evidence to back it up, also I love when people rope in something irrelevant and try and use that to inflate their argument priceless.

I'm sure you haven't even bothered to read any post previous to yours. There are some reasons why KD is meaningless on those, KD's only purpose is to make some players' e-peen ego big enough to let them feel satisfied with themselves, other than that I haven't seen you give any evidence to back up your claims of how KD is a meaningful measure of skill which, based on yours and your post  history, can be easily boosted as soon as a daikyu or a sniper joins the lobby. I'm sure my KD would reach the clouds if I did the same, but the game would become boring af in the other hand.

I'd personally prefer a display showing the amount of kills obtained and total time spent in conclave, this way a player can see by himself how many kills he's gotten per time unit on average and worry less about dying when a renown player joins the match. I wholeheartedly agree with RC stats not being tracked at all, or if they are, make them a brand new stat as Pythadragon pointed out.

On 4/16/2017 at 2:58 AM, -InV-igo95862 said:

Given how unforgiving the conclave is already there is no reason to tell people how bad they are doing.

K/D is not an indication of skill. Players of equal skill will have K/D around 1.0. It can only be higher then that if you farm lower skilled players.

You're serious? 

Please tell me you are not being serious. 

The fact that kd would make someone feel bad is laughable to me. It's not a label it's a progress checker. 

Your kd improves as your skill improves. If you don't practice then expect your kd to freaking tank. If you do practice it will look good. 

Wow what the heck......

I don't particularly care one way or another on this topic, but I'll say that comparing Warframe to PvP to comptetitive games like LoL, CS or even Heartstone is silly. It isn't the same thing as it does not have a ranking or matchmaking system. It does not pit players against each other based on skill, just on availability. Every game for me is more or less the same thing. I either stomp some n00bs, or I get stomped on. There's little in between.

1 hour ago, murdello said:

I am speachless, this topic is ridiculous 

I've been around for a minute and by far this is the most goofy thing I've ever seen. . .

Seriously should DE just give everyone a victory to protect their feelings? 

Where I come from victories are earned. Cry babies are not rewarded instead they get something to cry for (it was a spanking for me)

Just my 2 cents: instead of removing stats, elaborate on them. Stuff like how often you healed, your accuracy, how often you use powers, how often you kill by knockdown or CC power, and what percent of your kills are on low tier players vs players of your own tier.

That way people can be ashamed of pubstomping. People can also be honored for their part in team matches and/or matches against other similar skill players.

54 minutes ago, Nighttide77 said:

Just my 2 cents: instead of removing stats, elaborate on them. Stuff like how often you healed, your accuracy, how often you use powers, how often you kill by knockdown or CC power, and what percent of your kills are on low tier players vs players of your own tier.

That way people can be ashamed of pubstomping. People can also be honored for their part in team matches and/or matches against other similar skill players.

I'm passionate about warframe but if people get hurt feelings from a video game they got issues. 

In real life I can shoot the wings off a fly at 500 yards with a .223 so if someone who has never shot a gun or isn't as practiced as I am beats me in a shooting competition that's another story. 

It's real life and I'd probably be pretty angry with myself but I still wouldn't try to change the system to suit me. That's just selfish. 

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)Aeries Vendetta said:

It's not a label it's a progress checker. 

Your kd improves as your skill improves.

2X3j2wH.png

You can stay in RC and farm new players leaving matches as soon as someone skillful joins - so much skill progression.

If you play against people with similar skill level your K/D will not be high. High K/D of some conclave players only show the match making imbalances aka total absence of it. There is no point in keeping K/D as it is only about farming weaker players.

1 hour ago, SevenLetterKWord said:

This is a flaw of Recruit Conditioning, not a flaw of statistics.

2 hours ago, -InV-igo95862 said:

2X3j2wH.png

You can stay in RC and farm new players leaving matches as soon as someone skillful joins - so much skill progression.

If you play against people with similar skill level your K/D will not be high. High K/D of some conclave players only show the match making imbalances aka total absence of it. There is no point in keeping K/D as it is only about farming weaker players.

As was said if you are not another system abuser then it is a progress check. 

I face the best of the best in console. I legitimately stop if I see someone running around that has no idea what they are doing. I will stop if I see a mastery rank under 5 in my conclave match. Why? Because I'm not the type to take advantage of a system and of people. 

It's not a flaw in statistics, rather a flaw in the mode and in a persons character if they abuse that system. 

The penta has no mods that legit boost its power. If I switch that mode on what to do you think is going to happen?

I'm the top penta user in Xbox. I'll straight destroy everyone because their weapons and frames will be weakened. 

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Aeries Vendetta said:

As was said if you are not another system abuser then it is a progress check. 

If you want a progress check, then a K:D ratio should only be displayed for the most recent (within 1 week or 1 month) kills and deaths, not lifetime count.

When you're constantly playing against the top Conclave players (in my case, most of my games include SevenLetterKWord, ToddWorld, Sky_, and Pythadragon), your lifetime K:D ratio is never going to increase because unless you're better than them, you're always going to get killed by them more times than you can kill them.

TITLES: "REMOVE K/D FROM CONCLAVE STATS, DONT MAKE BAD PLAYERS FEEL BAD ABOUT THEMSELVES".

B-but....what about those good players who wanna feel good about themselves??? And im talking about the real legit good players (whom maybe sometimes asked for weapon/power nerfs & return of stamina,etc, but contribute to conclave regardless).

The truth is k/d ratio & records are one of the thing that drives a conclaver to do better. Sometimes i would compare my stats with other good players to see who's the best in stats.

On 16.4.2017 at 9:54 AM, Dawn11715 said:

Thats a completly different discussion, that has nothing to do with this...

Competetive game modes, map designs and an overhaul of the movement systeme are needed. (beside the current server thing)

On 4/16/2017 at 0:20 PM, -InV-igo95862 said:

You call something like this "clunky"?

I do. Look at the parts where they touch the ground. That sliding makes it clunky as hell.

Oh how I long the days before U18 ruined everything.

On 4/19/2017 at 6:16 PM, Heckzu said:

If you want a progress check, then a K:D ratio should only be displayed for the most recent (within 1 week or 1 month) kills and deaths, not lifetime count.

When you're constantly playing against the top Conclave players (in my case, most of my games include SevenLetterKWord, ToddWorld, Sky_, and Pythadragon), your lifetime K:D ratio is never going to increase because unless you're better than them, you're always going to get killed by them more times than you can kill them.

We over on Xbox have our own who are as revered as those you mentioned. Most of us who are in the top generally know another or of one another. 

People like me wish there was cross platform because we love facing the best in the business. So if you are facing the top players and you kd is staying even with them that means you are improving because they are improving. If your kd improves then it means you are improving faster than them. If your kd drops then it means you have a lot of practicing to do.