Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chat Freezing after long periods of time

Voltage

A while ago (few months now), there is a bug which stops the chat and game if you sit in the dojo for long periods of time. It happens to me frequently while I am trading usually after 2-3 hours in the dojo. This issue needs to be fixed because it is really annoying to miss trades and need to restart the game. 

Edited by --Q--Voltage

I've been having this issue for 2 years now...  Not all folks stay on chat all day on warframe or for too big periods of time using the chat itself , and when they sometimes do, they shrug it off as a minor bug let alone report it.

Since there is no major outcry about it , I doubt this will be fixed anytime soon.

Same as with the 300 character limit that erases your message when you're explaining in depth to a new player something or just wanna do some proper drama/story telling , while on trade your message doesn't get erased if you haven't passed the 2 minute timer (I usually dump it in the recruiting channel since its the one I use the least, botkick message just further annoys me and reminds me how bad this game's chat function is)

p.s I haven't seen more than a few random posts crying about this bug, and I haven't reported this myself (too lazy) so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Edited by Khratos26

Can confirm, when using trade chat for long periods of time (sadly it doesn't take me 2 hours, but 30 minutes is enough), it will 1st begin showing some symptoms such as being unable to paste or say something in chat, chat will continue to work normally for a couple seconds, then tabs to players stop working and then the chat just stops, if this happens without having the esc menu open then the only way is to shutdown the game.

This has been an issue for months, atleast to me.