Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shade Stealth ability can remove Head or cosmetics [Reopened]

Rioma

Trying to take advantage of the last few hours of the Affinity boost, I joined an Akkad run. Lo and behold, a certain mix of buffs is removing the head and other cosmetics from Nekros P. I was with an Octavia, Volt and Rhino:

OgSlLkT.jpg

fP8qTeZ.jpg

The head and cosmetics would reappear when the Shade would Cloak me, and then some mix of abilities would cause the lack that is seen in the screen shots. And it feels related to a mix of powers interacting, since it was intermittent and would be normal for a period of time and then have the pieces disappear.

During missions my warframe's head and sometimes my warframe's armor parts (for example Trinity's skirt) disappear. I do not know what cause this to happen, but it has happened a few times. I have failed to screen shot this so if anyone can help me verify this bug or submit pictures I would very much appreciate the help!

This bug is as simple as the title. Simply put, my warframe's head goes missing occasionally. It is worth noting that when the head vanishes, so too does the my syandana. Eventually it reappears, but I don't know what dictates it.

This has happened with my Zephyr wearing the Arcturus Syandana: SyDQ2Dq.jpg

And also happened with my Limbo wearing the Dex Nouchali Syandana: tz5LynX.jpg

In all instances where this has occurred, I have been using the Shade sentinel with the cloaking ability, but I don't know if it's tied to that. However, on more than one occasion, though I don't have a screenshot, my entire body has become completely invisible. Not cloaked or anything, and still visible to enemies, but to all intents not rendered anymore, though the game and all abilities remained playable.

I've only seen this bug occurring since yesterday (Thursday 30th March) and my first observation/ documentation of it is at 17:04 GMT, in case it was introduced by an update. Additionally, I have verified and optimised my game using the launcher and it still occurs. It might be worth noting that I am experiencing a strong memory leak with Warframe and periodically have to kill the process and restart the game, but I monitor my resources closely, and can confidently say that this bug is not resulting from running out of available RAM or VRAM.

Possibly related, not using shade But had the Naramon focus equipped I didn't actually use it but I was invisible (completely and when I applied the Roar buff you could see I had no head) And I remained invisible for the rest of the mission

I don't know if there's a connection, but I switched to carrier and tried it out, The disappearing head was almost gone, happened just one time.

If chroma gets this bug all his hide/pelt becomes invisible as if he's using effigy even though I never did.

As an update, it doesn't look like it's not as simple as being tied to the sentinel cloaking ability or syandanas; I was in my ship as Titania with her noble stance, and every time she twirled and the butterflies flew around her, the front part of her head, but not ears, disappeared:

3PDb8LK.jpg

In this case, unlike the others, the syandana remained visible, and when her idle completed and the butterflies landed, her head reappeared. It's very strange, and there doesn't seem to be anything strongly linking everyone's encounters, but hopefully if we supply enough information DE can figure it out.

On a side note, I fixed my memory leak issue by disabling Nvidia PhysX, for anyone also having the problem!

On 04/04/2017 at 1:22 AM, Xephier223 said:

I've found that my head disappears someetimes when I go invisible! Dunno if this helps find the solution but that seems to be the main reason it disappears

same here

I've seen a number of threads on this, but I have been noticing that any frame that I've taken into a mission seems to be missing their head.  Although, I believe that I only seem to notice it when Shades' Ghost ability kicks.  When I go invisible the next time around then I get my head back and the cycle appears to repeat.  There have also been instances where I see my head on my screen and my squad doesn't see my head and I'm not entirely sure what triggers that either.  

Also had an instance, which I've been unable to replicate, where one of my frames' legs actually disappeared along with her head.

As far as I can tell, it doesn't seem to affect play-ability of the game -- more of an aesthetic nuisance.  Hope this helps the DEVs to some extent for fixing this bug.

Here are a few screenshots of different frames during missions.

230410_20170403202249_1_zps1tudndal.png

230410_20170404232341_1_zpsjk2p9mlu.png

Head3_zpsjvxhb0ly.png

1 hour ago, Madnuss said:

I have been getting the same thing. However I am not using shade, but using the Huras kubrow.

Madnuss, since Huras has a similar cloaking mechanic as Shade it might be possible that there's a bug in the programming that forces a failed refresh of the head or any other body part until the invisibility activates again.  We'll see what DE has to say about it.  Hopefully it will be fixed by the next update.

Hello!

I recently grabbed the Prisma Shade from the Void Trader and it seems to be causing a weird glitch where it will cloak me but once I uncloak my Warframe will load only the base body. The head, Syadana, and armor pieces all vanish and it will usually stay like that until I cloak again and uncloak back to normal. It's really inconsistent, Sometimes I uncloak just fine, other items not so much and I am not entirely sure if the normal Shade does this as well. I do not have one to test it. Sadly.

I have only used my Nova Prime, but here is a Gyazo pic and gif of what I am seeing. If it helps at all I was wearing the default Nova Prime Helm and Details, as well as the Targis Prime pieces and the Misa Syadana plus the Cygni skin.

Gif: https://i.gyazo.com/58da14de4aaf858ceee7b7cd91b8a20c.mp4

Pic: c7d29b6bf414b807eedb92ccb3e641fa.jpg

I have never seen it happen on a Warframe (except for the first few seconds when you get into a mission with a very laggy host), but I saw it happen a lot on kavats: use Loki's invisibility (the kavat will be invisible, too), then lose sight of the kavat, then meet with it again. You'll probably see the cloaking visual effect on a headless kavat.

during mission with my prisma shade when ever i get out of the cloaking my frames helmet comes off and i am left headless this has only happened since i got the prisma shade

https://images.discordapp.net/.eJwFwdENhSAMAMBdGIASKAJuQ5CgUSmhNX6Yt_u7-9QzL7WqXWTwCrAdXGhumoVmblU3onbVPA7WhW7IIrnsd-3CkCx69EsKKTlvnTXgjFkiYkwmxOAwYoSnn53erkdv6vcH6hciww.Awv2wqTnKeafGDjBw_kFrhWH4VM?width=788&height=473

Edited by Meekathecat

This happens a lot to me too. My head comes back when shade activates it's ability again though however it will go away soon after. I talked to someone who experienced this problem too but with ash's smoke screen. 

OaXwozF.jpg

Edited by FinkLord

Yeah this happens to me all the time (Also happens with normal shade.

Sometimes, I find myself entirely un-seeable (enemies can still see you though) due to this glitch. It only really hampers Spy missions since you might walk into lasers or a camera vision, but other than that, there really isn't too much wrong with it.

P.S I've found that going into first person (via. Sniper Rifles or scanners) Makes this happen alot