The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I miss endless void ... :(

-Palastan-

I miss the intense moments of doing endless void missions for prime parts. I think those were some of my favorite moments. That feeling of intense fear when crap hits the fan when you are 49 waves into T4 Def. Anyone else have some fun endless void memories?

It's still there. 

Although the reward has been lowered. 

Personally I didn't enjoy endless void much but I understand that some did. Maybe if void gave traces, or more relics, or pre upgraded relics, etc, people might have a reason to go back. 

Rewards are certainly not really there anymore, but it's still there.

or, play a Void Tear for the same amount of time. with the added difficulty of dual Factions.
you've got more variety now for your endurance Missions.

1 minute ago, taiiat said:

Rewards are certainly not really there anymore, but it's still there.

or, play a Void Tear for the same amount of time. with the added difficulty of dual Factions.
you've got more variety now for your endurance Missions.

I feel like the rewards were the things that made it so fun. It doesn't really matter if you lose when you have no rewards on the line, but things raise to a whole different level whenever 5 or 6 prime parts are on the line and you NEED to win.

9 minutes ago, -Palastan- said:

I feel like the rewards were the things that made it so fun. It doesn't really matter if you lose when you have no rewards on the line, but things raise to a whole different level whenever 5 or 6 prime parts are on the line and you NEED to win.

Play for either Relics or Fissures to get prime parts. The reward is there.

2 minutes ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

They're still in the game? The only difference now is that you won't need keys to go there and you won't get prime parts, but you can always go to an endless void fissure mission

I kinda mean more that I miss endless void for getting prime parts. Fissures are just too repetitive for me

36 minutes ago, -Palastan- said:

I kinda mean more that I miss endless void for getting prime parts. Fissures are just too repetitive for me

How is fissures too repetitive for you? I thought the missions cycled through different types periodically, unlike the old void where you need to grind one mission type for one specific part. So, can you explain to us about this part? Maybe we can help.

That being said, I kept on seeing more and more of this kind of post. I do understand the sort of tense moment when you go deep in the old endless void, got many stuff, and in relation have too much at stake to lose it all. Gave you some kind of adrenaline rush. Not a fan of that myself, but as I see some people do like it.

So in one hand, people want endless runs to be rewarding. To have some kind of tangible result from going deep in it (like the massive pile of loot back in old void).

But on the other hand, going back to that diluted Rotation C reward table is not a good idea. Do you really want to keep on enduring that when you're trying to get the new Prime gear? Come on, admit it, even you want to get the new Primes as fast as you can, especially if it interest you.

So, for a compromise, I have small solution. You know how now, in the endless fissure runs, there is a scaling reward based on how long you stayed? Various Boosters and a free relic, separate from the reward table, on each 5th rotation? Continue that, but after we got the radiant relic (the 15th rotation), the 20th rotation gave an already-opened relic? Essentially, a free Prime part (or Forma, if RNG decided that would be the reward) drawn from random relic of the associated era (Meso relics from Meso fissures). The longer you go, the quality of the relic also increased. Basically, the rotation goes like this:

• 5th rotation: Random Exceptional Relic
  • 10th Rotation: Random Flawless Relic.
  • 15th Rotation: Random Radiant Relic
  • 20th Rotation: Pre-opened Intact Relic
  • 25th Rotation: Pre-opened Exceptional Relic
  • 30th Rotation: Pre-opened Flawless Relic
  • 35th Rotation: Pre-opened Radiant Relic
  • 40th Rotation: same as 35th, and so on....

I realize that the rotation are far too high (30th Rotation means 150 min/2-and-half hour Survival or 150 wave of Defense) before you get to the good stuff, but I'm just going off from an existing system. We can't exactly make normal Relics run obsolete, so putting it in the earlier rotations is not a good idea.

So, any thoughts on this?

9 hours ago, -Palastan- said:

Old void was a repetitive RNG hellhole. I got sick of staring at those voiddamned walls for hours every day. Fissures actually eliminated that repetitive boredom.

8 hours ago, Gamma745 said:

How is fissures too repetitive for you? I thought the missions cycled through different types periodically, unlike the old void where you need to grind one mission type for one specific part. So, can you explain to us about this part? Maybe we can help.

That being said, I kept on seeing more and more of this kind of post. I do understand the sort of tense moment when you go deep in the old endless void, got many stuff, and in relation have too much at stake to lose it all. Gave you some kind of adrenaline rush. Not a fan of that myself, but as I see some people do like it.

So in one hand, people want endless runs to be rewarding. To have some kind of tangible result from going deep in it (like the massive pile of loot back in old void).

But on the other hand, going back to that diluted Rotation C reward table is not a good idea. Do you really want to keep on enduring that when you're trying to get the new Prime gear? Come on, admit it, even you want to get the new Primes as fast as you can, especially if it interest you.

So, for a compromise, I have small solution. You know how now, in the endless fissure runs, there is a scaling reward based on how long you stayed? Various Boosters and a free relic, separate from the reward table, on each 5th rotation? Continue that, but after we got the radiant relic (the 15th rotation), the 20th rotation gave an already-opened relic? Essentially, a free Prime part (or Forma, if RNG decided that would be the reward) drawn from random relic of the associated era (Meso relics from Meso fissures). The longer you go, the quality of the relic also increased. Basically, the rotation goes like this:

• 5th rotation: Random Exceptional Relic
  • 10th Rotation: Random Flawless Relic.
  • 15th Rotation: Random Radiant Relic
  • 20th Rotation: Pre-opened Intact Relic
  • 25th Rotation: Pre-opened Exceptional Relic
  • 30th Rotation: Pre-opened Flawless Relic
  • 35th Rotation: Pre-opened Radiant Relic
  • 40th Rotation: same as 35th, and so on....

I realize that the rotation are far too high (30th Rotation means 150 min/2-and-half hour Survival or 150 wave of Defense) before you get to the good stuff, but I'm just going off from an existing system. We can't exactly make normal Relics run obsolete, so putting it in the earlier rotations is not a good idea.

So, any thoughts on this?

Got a better idea:

+Make the Fissures only show up on regular starchart and no longer in Void.

+Make Void ALWAYS work as a fissure, with reactant drops and pre-upgraded relics

+Make the Boosters and Upgraded Relics also be rewards from non-fissure endless.

+Make relics start doubling after the 20th rotation. Instead of getting one Relic per rotation, you get 2. Once you reach the 30th Rotation you get 3. And so on capping at 5 per rotation.

Simple, yet effective.

10 hours ago, Miser_able said:

It's still there. 

Although the reward has been lowered. 

Personally I didn't enjoy endless void much but I understand that some did. Maybe if void gave traces, or more relics, or pre upgraded relics, etc, people might have a reason to go back. 

There is no reward. Seriously, who cares about 50 Endo or a bronze mod? Scaling rewards should be a thing,but DE refuses to introduce them to keep increasing grind and tempt players to spend money for Platinum....

1 hour ago, Ominer2012 said:

There is no reward. Seriously, who cares about 50 Endo or a bronze mod? Scaling rewards should be a thing,but DE refuses to introduce them to keep increasing grind and tempt players to spend money for Platinum....

Iirc the Void and derelict still drop forma, and the Void has argon, and bullet dance, not to mention the mods that drop from the enemies, and of course the fun, after all you guys did say it was fun. Surely those are all rewards. 

1 minute ago, Miser_able said:

Iirc the Void and derelict still drop forma, and the Void has argon, and bullet dance, not to mention the mods that drop from the enemies, and of course the fun, after all you guys did say it was fun. Surely those are all rewards. 

Personally, the fun came from the risk of prime parts when things got hard and you almost lost everything. It was the adrenaline rush that was fun.

2 minutes ago, -Palastan- said:

Personally, the fun came from the risk of prime parts when things got hard and you almost lost everything. It was the adrenaline rush that was fun.

Except I never once lost anything (aside from crashes)...did you? Also, how long did you have to play before that adrenaline rush kicked in, 30 minutes, 60 minutes?

2 minutes ago, -Palastan- said:

Adrenaline? HA! by the time high level enemies rolled around and I was "at risk" of losing everything I had spent about 1h yawning. Then spend 1h with somewhat exciting constant near death experience (courtesy of oneshot bullsh-t enemies) that became dull, or skiped straight to dull with cheese gear.

The Prime part thing is still there, with Fissures. You also risk losing the relics, which give the Prime parts, so it's the same.

You just don't like farming Relics, which is understandable, but by no means justifies returning to old void rng hellhole.

Just now, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

Except I never once lost anything (aside from crashes)...did you? Also, how long did you have to play before that adrenaline rush kicked in, 30 minutes, 60 minutes?

Honestly not long. Maybe 20 minutes, but that wasn't long for me. But there were times where in a squad of 4 we almost lost, and we were all up to go longer, but all 3 team mates evacuated right at last second and I went so try-hard for the next 5 waves in defense. It was amazing.

15 minutes ago, -Palastan- said:

Oh yea that's fun. Until someone in the squad messes up, crashes, etc, and you lose 4+ hours of grind. Oh so fun. 

Just now, Miser_able said:

Dude people used to do 12+ hour runs. I myself only tended go an hour because I found it boring. My previous comment was from other people's experiences. 

I know people would go that far, still don't understand why they would do it. I would only go up to 90 minutes usually.