Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring back void keys and keep relics!

DarkRinnegan

22 hours ago, Sapphic-Sandra said:

Personally I love the new system and are y'all forgetting the ridiculous farms to get keys in addition to grinding endless missions? The odds are so much better for decent gear and if it's not what you're looking for just sell the junk on warframe.market and use that plat to get what you want.

I also never have to waste time on recruitment chat and setting up a squad for the new system. 

Also argon drops are really easy. There's almost always a public void game going so again, no time wasted on recruitment chat.

I think you guys are suffering from some serious nostalgia of long tough missions and forgetting the like 12 forma in a row rewards we'd suffer with.

Tbh I think the biggest issue isn't the new void is bad it's just that warframe lacks a true endgame which the old void provided.

I never feel the "ridiculous farm" and you have to farm for the relics now i don't really get this point and there are still endless missions today (Farming void traces and actually doing the relic)

Or just sell them for ducats for barro

Wasting time? You mean typing "LF > lith s3 rad only or H > Lith s3" ? People still do that.

Yeah but people still complain about finding argon.

Nope no nostalgia I have never hated the old system.

Also not the point of this post the point is to add both to make everyone happy!

2 hours ago, DarkRinnegan said:

As the title says I think it may be an idea to have both systems in place because some people like one system over the other so if you had both systems it would both sides to this happy and lets be honest relics only made it more to grind. :)

Old system was horrible. And the "relics made it more grind" is a myth that was debunked pretty much the WEEK the system was implemented by people smarter than you or me.

You can still go to Void if you so enjoyed the grind, you will get Relics there, which then you can spend in farming primes. The grind was divided into layers (farm relics>farm primes) but was actually reduced, a lot.

2 hours ago, DarkRinnegan said:

That is far to much of a grind 2 per hour is a little silly don't you think, What did you think the issue with the old key was before?

Well, to faithfully reflect the old void, it would have to be 1 Prime part every 20min, or 3 Prime parts per hour. Also instead of the Relic pool of 5 items it would be a 20min run for an item of a pool of 10-15 items.

1 hour ago, DarkRinnegan said:

Because both systems are good in their own way and  both have faults in their own way some people like one and not the other why not just have an option?

Old system was terrible, the only good part was one key for as many rewards as you could get, which made Endless modes the only modes to get Primes as everything was shoved there behind a 20min wall, the non-endless modes rewarded a Prime item every 10 missions due to being clogged with more keys. "Sorry Tenno, your reward is in another Tower!"

Lets also mention that staring at the same walls for hours was boring, and you may as well go blind after they tweaked Void to be more shiny.

1 hour ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Well actually, the relics are more of a grind than the old key void system. You got to farm the relics, then farm the traces to make them radiant and what if you don't get what you wanted with a full team of radiant relics? You do it again, it's a tedious process honestly. The old void key system, all you had to do was have 1 key and then you have the void unlocked and if you stay in a survival for a long time you get more prime parts than what it is now.

Not really, Relics are easy to farm. Relics give one Prime reward (or Forma) out of 5 items every rotation. With Intact Relics you have the same chance of the Rare reward as you did with the 20min old void, SAME CHANCES. Now introduce the Optional Trace refinement and voila, you get a boosted chance to get something, unlike old void where your only option was "grind more". Plus, old void only worked for Endless missions, non-endless were a joke that didn't gave any meaningful reward as every valuable thing was shoved to the alread clogged endless cycle.

34 minutes ago, DarkRinnegan said:

I never feel the "ridiculous farm" and you have to farm for the relics now i don't really get this point and there are still endless missions today (Farming void traces and actually doing the relic)

Except you get Relics from almost all mission types, previously you only got them from Surival&Def 20min, Interception round 4 for T4s and T2s from Spy (which is still kinda an issue as there aren't non-endless modes that award Axi outside of Pavlov Lua Spy having ONE relic on it's drop which is cluttered with all meso and neo relics)

Wasting time? You mean typing "LF > lith s3 rad only or H > Lith s3" ? People still do that.

Yes, but that's optional, you can hop into a pug and call it a day.

Nope no nostalgia I have never hated the old system.

One interpretation of "Nostalgia" is the idea that "the old times were better" which doesn't stand true in general, old times had good stuff indeed but current times are better in many ways. One good thing doesn't make up for 20 wrong things that got fixed. If you think that old system was better despite the vast evidence of the contrary you are clearly experiencing nostalgia.

Also not the point of this post the point is to add both to make everyone happy!

Let it go man, you can't cling to the past. Why instead of trying to revive a dead horse you try to improve what we have now? The future is were our sights must be. Remember the dead, but fight for the living and the yet-to-live.

56 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

You misunderstood my comment. I don't have to farm syndicade medalions if you don't want to, you only farm them if you want a headstart in terms of relics. Of course that without them you would not be able to buy relic packs, but you have the choice, hence the "optional grind". Just like the Traces.

My initial comment was to your statement that relics didn't increase the grind...

I sayd they do because you need to farm new relics for new prime stuff...

You replied i could prevent that by farming syndicate medallions and buy relic packs...

I sayd that this would mean additional grind also and that i never had to farm for medallions before relics...

You replied by saying that i don't have to farm medallions because it's optional and has more uses...

If you still don't get how that doesn't change anything about:

Keys - new prime stuff got added to the already existing keys = no additional grind for new keys

Relics - new relics get added when new primes get released = additional grind for the new relics

... if you still don't get that, i really regret to comment on that in the first place.

PS: optional grind=additional grind

3 hours ago, OPdatSHIET said:

That totally defeats the purpose of having the old void back 

Yes, that's why we can't have it. Otherwise, 1 key = many rewards is too convenient. Especially since every single one of them is more expensive in ducats. Before, the most expensive one was a lot lower than now.

4 hours ago, DarkRinnegan said:

That is far to much of a grind 2 per hour is a little silly don't you think, What did you think the issue with the old key was before?

Yes, they were full of issues, so the Relics are better. The people that want them back just want them for many parts farming, but they don't remember that those parts had like 50% drop chance and were a lot more cheaper than now. So the Relic ducats farm is still faster.

Now, if you want keys, you have to be prepared for either much lower drop chance, or use 1 key per prime part, just as with relics.

12 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

With Intact Relics you have the same chance of the Rare reward as you did with the 20min old void, SAME CHANCES.

This is actually incorrect, an intact relic gives 2% chance to get a rare reward, a key typically had a 5.64% chance to give a rare reward (regardless of player numbers).
You need three identical intact relics to get close to the 5.64% (for a 5.88%).  Thus three relics vs one key.
Even 2 identical intact relics gives only 3.96% chance (while 4 identical relics actually gives 7.76%, about the highest chance rare parts were on a single key).