Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring back void keys and keep relics!

DarkRinnegan

Just now, DarkRinnegan said:

That actually a good idea but I doubt they would do it. ;/ 

The only problem is that I think it is a good idea to be able to choose squad members' rewards. Personally, I just get tired of doing repetitive fissure stuff over and over again. I am fine with the relics, but I would like them on the old missions. I would like to be awarded prime parts for doing a defense, not rewarded relics so that I can do a fissure.

21 hours ago, -Palastan- said:

The only problem is that I think it is a good idea to be able to choose squad members' rewards. Personally, I just get tired of doing repetitive fissure stuff over and over again. I am fine with the relics, but I would like them on the old missions. I would like to be awarded prime parts for doing a defense, not rewarded relics so that I can do a fissure.

Yeah the problem is that having four different drop chances would be a little Busted (If your using one key)

7 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

No,but you had to grind for keys.

That was just the normal grind, new parts got added to the old keys, you don't had to farm new keys for new prime stuff.

10 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

You don't have to farm medalions

You have to... in order for thatv

25 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

True, but at the same time, you could farm syndicate medalions and purchase relic packs when the frame is released. I got my  Banshee Prime and Euphona prime in 3 hours, Valkyr and Venka Prime in 2 days after their release with this method

to work.

I think more than anything, players don't really mind the relics. What they mind is doing fissures over and over. Players want variation when it comes to farming things that have such importance to the game. Now though, the only option for farming prime parts is to do some fissures. We need some variation for farming. I have heard people say, "Well fissures are always on different types of missions!". That is not what I am talking about. I want to do a defense mission to earn prime parts. I don't want to do a fissure that happens to be tagged onto a defense mission. I want to do a capture mission in the void, without a fissure, and get a prime part. I need mission type variation.

21 hours ago, -Palastan- said:

I think more than anything, players don't really mind the relics. What they mind is doing fissures over and over. Players want variation when it comes to farming things that have such importance to the game. Now though, the only option for farming prime parts is to do some fissures. We need some variation for farming. I have heard people say, "Well fissures are always on different types of missions!". That is not what I am talking about. I want to do a defense mission to earn prime parts. I don't want to do a fissure that happens to be tagged onto a defense mission. I want to do a capture mission in the void, without a fissure, and get a prime part. I need mission type variation.

I totally agree.

1 minute ago, O.O_ said:

That was just the normal grind, new parts got added to the old keys, you don't had to farm new keys for new prime stuff.

You have to... in order for thatv

to work.

You misunderstood my comment. I don't have to farm syndicade medalions if you don't want to, you only farm them if you want a headstart in terms of relics. Of course that without them you would not be able to buy relic packs, but you have the choice, hence the "optional grind". Just like the Traces.  

58 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

Again with this? The Void is still there, if you enjoyed it so much, you can still do it. If it's about the rewards, wait till a fissure opens up there. And no, relics are not more grindy than the old void. Upon opening you get you have a 100% chance for a prime part, 83% when a forma is in the drop table as well. This is in no way more grinding than standing in the same spot waiting 20 minutes for that 6% (example) chace at a drop. 

Well actually, the relics are more of a grind than the old key void system. You got to farm the relics, then farm the traces to make them radiant and what if you don't get what you wanted with a full team of radiant relics? You do it again, it's a tedious process honestly. The old void key system, all you had to do was have 1 key and then you have the void unlocked and if you stay in a survival for a long time you get more prime parts than what it is now.

21 hours ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Well actually, the relics are more of a grind than the old key void system. You got to farm the relics, then farm the traces to make them radiant and what if you don't get what you wanted with a full team of radiant relics? You do it again, it's a tedious process honestly. The old void key system, all you had to do was have 1 key and then you have the void unlocked and if you stay in a survival for a long time you get more prime parts than what it is now.

It actually made farming for prime parts a team game.

2 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

This is so true. They tried to give you a better chance at getting the prime parts that you wanted, but you have to grind so much more so that you can attempt to get that better chance.

9 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

That is true, you got more for your buck, you also had to stay much more in the mission than you do now, not only that but there were a lot of one time use keys as well [capture, exterminate, sabotage etc]. That's why I don't think that the grind is worse now. The time you used to spend on trying to get the part, you are spending the relic. It kinda balances out. 

Edited by aligatorno

22 hours ago, -Icicles- said:

Having 2 content that pretty much do the same thing is a waste of time, money and resources. Also, you would dilute the reward table even more making grinding a lot worst. 

Also aint a waste if a lot of the community are complaining about it.

Personally I love the new system and are y'all forgetting the ridiculous farms to get keys in addition to grinding endless missions? The odds are so much better for decent gear and if it's not what you're looking for just sell the junk on warframe.market and use that plat to get what you want.

I also never have to waste time on recruitment chat and setting up a squad for the new system. 

Also argon drops are really easy. There's almost always a public void game going so again, no time wasted on recruitment chat.

I think you guys are suffering from some serious nostalgia of long tough missions and forgetting the like 12 forma in a row rewards we'd suffer with.

Tbh I think the biggest issue isn't the new void is bad it's just that warframe lacks a true endgame which the old void provided.

Edited by Sapphic-Sandra

5 minutes ago, Sapphic-Sandra said:

Personally I love the new system and are y'all forgetting the ridiculous farms to get keys in addition to grinding endless missions? The odds are so much better for decent gear and if it's not what you're looking for just sell the junk on warframe.market and use that plat to get what you want.

I also never have to waste time on recruitment chat and setting up a squad for the new system. 

Also argon drops are really easy. There's almost always a public void game going so again, no time wasted on recruitment chat.

I think you guys are suffering from some serious nostalgia of long tough missions and forgetting the like 12 forma in a row rewards we'd suffer with.

Tbh I think the biggest issue isn't the new void is bad it's just that warframe lacks a true endgame which the old void provided.

I don't agree. I never had to wait for a squad because I have an extremely active clan, and I never suffered from getting a lot of forma. To make relics worth it, you have to work so much harder, and only for the CHANCE to get the part you refined a relic for. Get the relic, grind traces, upgrade 1 relic, and there is a chance that you won't get what you aimed for. If I ran a survival void mission, every 5 minutes was a prime part, which was awesome. But yes, we all want a true endgame still.  

Personally I thought the Void key system was horrendously unbalanced. Sure you could get a done of parts in endless missions but what about new players who can't /won't be allowed to do them, or people who are solo for one of the multitude of reasons. The relic system made parts accessible to all people. 

People like to complain about the grind of farming relics as though it's something new. Tell me this, what happened when you had a part you wanted that was only on one of the non endless missions? Say for example, I believe it was the Lex Prime receiver, the only place to get it was a t1 capture. This key was one of the rarest keys I've ever seen, as evidence by how for ever 40 endless missions keys I got I got one capture and it wasn't always a t1. 

While the Void key system had some good qualities it was taken out for a reason and putting back now would not be healthy for the game. 

the old system is like the new system.

example:

keys turned into relics that u hunt for like in old keys way.

gear farm is in fissure runs now instead of old void runs and void turned into a planet.

the only thing added is that u can choose others reward for more benefits if 4 people get diffrent drops u can choose 1 reward from 4 people. so i would say u still have ur old system in the new system.

Edited by sunnis

3 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

Personally I thought the Void key system was horrendously unbalanced. Sure you could get a done of parts in endless missions but what about new players who can't /won't be allowed to do them, or people who are solo for one of the multitude of reasons. The relic system made parts accessible to all people. 

People like to complain about the grind of farming relics as though it's something new. Tell me this, what happened when you had a part you wanted that was only on one of the non endless missions? Say for example, I believe it was the Lex Prime receiver, the only place to get it was a t1 capture. This key was one of the rarest keys I've ever seen, as evidence by how for ever 40 endless missions keys I got I got one capture and it wasn't always a t1. 

While the Void key system had some good qualities it was taken out for a reason and putting back now would not be healthy for the game. 

You can easily solo those keys, I had done it multitudes of times, and you are still farming for the part you want just as much. Say you put in the work and fully upgrade your 1 relic, but you still don't get the part you want. You have to farm more traces, upgrade another one, and try it again. 

Just now, -Palastan- said:

You can easily solo those keys, I had done it multitudes of times, and you are still farming for the part you want just as much. Say you put in the work and fully upgrade your 1 relic, but you still don't get the part you want. You have to farm more traces, upgrade another one, and try it again. 

That's assuming the part you want is one of the rarer ones. Besides you don't have to actively farm for traces. What I do is farm all the common parts I want and then use the traces to upgrade my relics to get the rarer ones. 

While i get that some players lived for those 90+ minute T4 survivals, DE changed it because old void caused way too much burnout. too often T1 and T2 keys would just give you more keys instead of any prime parts and thus be a near complete waste of time. I do believe that people who post on the forums about bringing old void back are a vocal minority, but instead of bringing it back a viable alternative could be made. Every one of these threads points to Mot, so DE could put a better rewards table in. better/ pre-upgraded relics on rotation C, or forma bps, or void traces even would be a good way to integrate the relic system into what people consider to be the "old void".

1 minute ago, Miser_able said:

That's assuming the part you want is one of the rarer ones. Besides you don't have to actively farm for traces. What I do is farm all the common parts I want and then use the traces to upgrade my relics to get the rarer ones. 

If you are farming for common parts anyways then, wouldn't old void be better? You have more chances for that in one key.

1 minute ago, -Palastan- said:

If you are farming for common parts anyways then, wouldn't old void be better? You have more chances for that in one key.

People seem to easily forget that common keys had a huge chance to drop MORE keys instead of any actual reward, thus perpetuating S#&$ty, unrewarding grind. while you DO have more chances in a T1 survival or defense key, you also have a chance at getting two rewards for 40 minutes or 20 waves (rotation c was the only one guaranteed to drop a prime part)