Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave MOBA style game mode?

Matoro_Zeliph

31 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

That's what Dark Sectors were.

I personally think experimenting with PvPvE is a great idea. It can be a lot of fun.

Yeah, and to be honest, the concept was great (imo) the main issues with it were the use of PvE unbalance, how easy a team could snowball over the other after a couple of minutes and the endless amount of exploits available in it. 

I'd personally like to see the same concept with the current system (conclave balance, ragequit penalty and battles taking place in community hosted servers)

Edited by Stormdragon
Fixes

Just now, AdunSaveMe said:

Because it can be fun.

It doesn't have to be like League of Legends to be MOBA-like.

Lengthy matches are undesirable for most people. It would end up as a desolated game mode, even more so if it has a minimum player requirement.

30 minutes ago, Heckzu said:

Lengthy matches are undesirable for most people. It would end up as a desolated game mode, even more so if it has a minimum player requirement.

MOBA-like also doesn't mean lengthy matches.

What I'm assuming OP is referring to, and what would work very well, is essentially a PvP mode, but with AI units running around as well. This is what PvPvE is. The last Dark Sector rail iteration has exactly what OP is referring to, which was essentially a one-lane push with AI mobs.

There are a lot of ways you can do it. None of them necessarily require it to have items, or long matches, or even lanes.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

17 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

What I'm assuming OP is referring to, and what would work very well, is essentially a PvP mode, but with AI units running around as well. This is what PvPvE is. The last Dark Sector rail iteration has exactly what OP is referring to, which was essentially a one-lane push with AI mobs.

There are a lot of ways you can do it. None of them necessarily require it to have items, or long matches, or even lanes.

I was thinking it could be like Brutal Legend's MOBA or RTS. 1 v 1 or 2 v 2 - Your Warframe taking control of the battlefield while micromanaging corpus grunts or whatever. 

15 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

But what significance would AIs have in a PvP mode such as Conclave?

Dark Sector Solar Rails didn't have Conclave standing.

If they granted standing, then that would undermine the premise of the Conclave and would just be exploited for standing.

If they are part of an objective based mission and were crucial to the success of the mission, then each match would just be a race to see which team can kill the most AIs, which essentially just becomes PvE and once again undermines the premise of Conclave.

If not, then they become nothing more than background assets or annoyances like the automated turrets in the Conclave Kuva Fortress map.

2 minutes ago, Heckzu said:

But what significance would AIs have in a PvP mode such as Conclave?

If they granted standing, then that would undermine the premise of the Conclave and would just be exploited for standing.

If they are part of an objective based mission and were crucial to the success of the mission, then each match would just be a race to see which team can kill the most AIs, which essentially just becomes PvE and once again undermines the premise of Conclave.

If not, then they become nothing more than background assets or annoyances like the automated turrets in the Conclave Kuva Fortress map.

You make it sound like there's no balance to be struck between the two.

I don't know all the details, I don't design game modes. But it's doable.

On 4/17/2017 at 1:08 PM, AdunSaveMe said:

That's what Dark Sectors were.

I personally think experimenting with PvPvE is a great idea. It can be a lot of fun.

Keep in mind pve is going to be a moon walk and clans with conclavers will moonwalk through PvP. If you have a hybrid it's going to be easy destroying majority of the clans if you put pve in dark sectors. 

23 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Aeries Vendetta said:

Keep in mind pve is going to be a moon walk and clans with conclavers will moonwalk through PvP. If you have a hybrid it's going to be easy destroying majority of the clans if you put pve in dark sectors. 

You're only thinking of it one way.

You have to think about past results friend. 

Art of War and Arbiters Rage control a majority of the dark sector nodes on console which demonstrate superior PvP capability. 

Rathuum also showed that it doesn't even matter if it's a NPC they got wrecked. I'm pretty sure Art of War took that event too. 

If it's a pve and PvP hybrid the kd amd stats will be boosted to the point of inaccuracy. 

On 17.04.2017 at 10:35 PM, Heckzu said:

Because back then there was no such thing as Conclave standing. It was introduced with reworked Conclave Teshin along with shutting down Solar Rail battles.