Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Charger and Grinder how do you deal with them and let's say thanks to dev

S3riaL

Hi guys, I'm just making this post cus those two new creature for me is an awesome upgrade of the game.

I created this post in gameplay section cus for me those two had affected the gameplay (in a good way).

I'm more a melee player and now i need to focus more when I do some infestation.

Cus yeah that's what is all about "INFESTATION". Now with those infested charger I really "feel" that If i dont kill those faster I will be devour.

1)

So I'm asking you guys. How did those two new creature have affected your gameplay and how do you deal with them (ninja style) ?

Personally I'm really happy that the rounded "Sprint"+"Crouch"+"Melee" is now very usefull against those (because of the fact that the hit boxes of those creature are closer of the ground than the other).

2)

I really want to congratulate those who worked on this because they did an awesome work. I think the harder the game is the better. Why ? Because we all have a brain, we have all those move so we can deal with actually a lot more than we think and I'm not even talking about multiplayer part here.

That's pretty much it. And for those who want to write "No you wrong infested charger and grinder are weak, I can one shoot them, that didn't change anything..." you can just write -1

For all the other give us your feedback or write +1 for thanking dev and staff

nb: sorry if i made some mistakes just tell me and I will edit (I'm french so don't hit too hard)

For me nothing much changed. Pick a sharp melee weapon, add fire damage, go stabby stabby. If I spot ancients or get swarmed I slash dash once or twice and thats pretty much it.

Even with a rank 0 jaw sword i one or two-hit every non-ancient infested up to level 20.

A good way to kill the chargers (if you dont one shot them with your geared out melee weapons) is slow them down with ice damage. They go at 1/3 of their normal speed when "frozen". I enjoy the chargers except for the fact they take out shields way to fast for having "Weak claw attacks" but they certianly add more of a challenge to the Infected missions. As for the grinders, I hate them with all my being... They are way to low to the ground to hit with melee and take quite a bit of ammo to take out cause they have that flat damage reduction. That being said I like that the game is getting more challenging even if it is due to stunlock lol.

Edited by Wikldash

I personally just love it when there are actual differences between the enemies and a lot of variety.

The grinders really add some nice contrast between the gineer units.

I wish that one day I encounter 30 of them at the same time. In a pipe. In lava. With toxic ancients. Made out of grineer commanders. Riding shockwave moas.

Edited by Kaiku

I personally just love it when there are actual differences between the enemies and a lot of variety.

The grinders really add some nice contrast between the gineer units.

I wish that one day I encounter 30 of them at the same time. In a pipe. In lava. With toxic ancients. Made out of grineer commanders. Riding shockwave moas.

And in one comment you have made clear ever single thing that annoys me about this game to date. Ancients..annoying bullet sponges..multiple shockwave moas can you say knockdown knockdown knockdown? These arent "challenging" they are annoying and the new units follow this trend.

I like the idea of them but not that they cause stun and knockback. While some of these units should stun or knock you down, here is a list of what I can remember that can stun/knock back, even if it sometimes require you to be a bit stupid: Grineer flame blade, grineer power fist, grineer sawman, grineer commander, grineer lancer, grineer trooper, grineer shield lancer, grineer bombard, grineer heavy gunner, grineer napalm, grinder, prod crewman, railgun MOA, shockwave MOA, infested runner, infested leaper, infested charger, nauseous crawler, ancient distruptor, ancient healer and toxic ancient. Honorable mention: Laser doors.

Which enemies haven't I mentioned so far?

- Corpus crewman

- Sniper crewman (not sure if they can)

- Ospreys (I don't think they can)

- Standard MOA

- Turrets

- Noxious crawler

Basically, almost every standard unit you face outside the easier Corpus missions can stun you or knock you on your &#!, if given the chance. I would like if DE instead added difficulty through enemies with better weapons, better AI or special powers (why can't some heavy units use Tenno-like powers?). It's just pretty annoying that DE seems to stop us by taking control away from the player, rather than through tougher challenges. Have you ever had 5 grinders spawn at Krill? I have. Or how about 6-7 of them in a huge room full of other grineer, including two heavies? Had that happen too. All that happens is that you're stunlocked 90% of the time while the various enemies hack away at your shields and health. This is not fun and I'd like it to stop happening.

Edited by Zinn

I do think the infested chargers were exactly what the infested needed. They were just way too easy before except for odd situations usually involving lots of disruptors and poison ancients. They are a fast decent hp frontline unit that does damage and lets the other units do their thing while you are dealing with them. The leaping infested seemed like a sad joke until the recent patch where they actually get time to jump while I plow through all the chargers. Plus they actually do damage unlike every other non-ancient infested.

That said it is really fun to scythe through fields of chargers with my flaming scindo.

And I agree about the grinders holy crap are those things annoying.

Edited by Bluntzkrieg420

Playing against infested is not even remotely fun any more. It's way too easy to get stunlocked and as soon as a disruptor ancient shows up you're basically toast because there goes all your shields and energy so you can't even do some sort of escape move when you stopped being stunlocked. Infested needed to be better, not cheesier.