Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma's Colorable Energy

So I've been thinking about this for a long time. Do y'all think that Chroma's element should still be tied to his energy color? It was a neat idea since it's release, i mainly use ice Chroma but i usually like to use purple for my warframe energy colors but that changes him to electricity. Do you think there should be an option to just switch between the elements without having to switch energy colors?

5 minutes ago, (PS4)thegodofwar12345 said:

Yeah but I prefer to be tank chroma

Take a status melee with Healing Return or Hirudo, you can be a tank with every build because you`ll be replacing health constantly or when you need it.  I used an Ice Chroma as well, but i put together this color scheme and I can't get rid of it yet because I really like it so I had to make this workaround. Unless you are going Sortie 3 with bad multipliers and above,  it works wonderfully.

warframe0131_by_skyrim_archmage-db65w1c.

warframe0132_by_skyrim_archmage-db65w1i.

Edited by aligatorno

Just now, aligatorno said:

Take a status melee with Healing Return or Hirudo, you can be a tank with every build because you`ll be replacing health constatly.  I used an Ice Chroma as well, but i put together this color scheme and I can't get rid of it yet because I really like it so I had to make this workaround. Unless you are going Sortie 3 with bad multipliers and above,  it works wonderfully.

warframe0131_by_skyrim_archmage-db65w1c.

warframe0132_by_skyrim_archmage-db65w1i.

Hm I'll try that out, thanks for the suggestion 

Yep. Really wished his energy isn't tied with his element. Give him a real passive ffs, maybe everytime he gets procced with heat/cold/toxin/ekectric he'll dischsrge an aoe of said element? His passive shouldn't be something that defines his gameplay entirely, passives are bonuses

Chroma will probably have his revisit. But we have to wait because there are other frames who need a hard rework like oberon or hydroid. And there are 2 male primes incoming. 

Once oberon prime and hydroid prime are out, then Chroma could be revisited. IMO

4 hours ago, (PS4)thegodofwar12345 said:

Do you think there should be an option to just switch between the elements without having to switch energy colors?

absolutely. while a cool gimmick at first, it's gotten to the point where it can interfere with Fashionframe for many. I myself switched back to Fire Chroma from ice because I can't get the right look with White Energy. it should just be a separate Menu option for Chroma, titled "Elements" and give you the option of the four, along with the benefits of using each type.