Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nezha's Bizarre Adventures (Short-stories!)

Mentor_Knight

Hello, wonderful Warframe community! Tenno (Players) and Orokin (DE) alike, I'd like to introduce to you today the first chapter in my series of short-stories set in the Warframe universe from an Operator's perspective: Nezha's Bizarre Adventures! Every day or so, maybe on weekends too occasionally, I'll add a new short-story to the thread - either in the original post or a follow-up post.

Chapter One: A Mercenary's Life for Me

rIZ3TNz.jpg

Objective: Assist the Corpus forces

Ever since we awoke from the Second Dream, I haven't trusted a single word the Lotus says. She hid the truth from us, for "protection". Hid us away on Lua, far from the waking world, for centuries. Learning that changed me forever. The others never seem to talk about it, or have any reaction about who we truly are. They simply continue to believe her wholeheartedly, even though she hid so much from us...

"Hey, Tenno! Stop staring and get back to it!" In that instant, I snapped back to reality and remembered where I was. Space, the middle of nowhere. Stuck on a Grineer galleon with some Corpus techies trying to salvage materials after we captured this vessel.

I looked away from the corpus tech who was next to me, tinkering on his attack drone. "I'm working, I'm working..." I look back down to the crate I was searching through. It really was easy to space out when you're, well, in space. The crate had nothing valuable besides some old-war salvage and some spare creds hidden in a back compartment. I always wondered why the Grineer hide credits in their galleons. It's not like they're going to spend it on wares with their enemies, you know? Oh well, best not to think on it for now. I moved the crate aside, separated the salvage from detonite, and got up. My job was done. And just why am I working with our sworn enemies, the Corpus, you may ask? Well, it's simple, really. It's easier to pacify the enemy from within rather than with brute force externally. Execute a few leaders, exposing their corruption and exploits throughout the system, and you become a hero to their people. They trust you. With that trust, you can work towards peace with them. Less deaths, more allies in our fight against the Grineer clone armies of the Twin Queens.

Well, Queen now, as a rumor has been spreading around that one of the Queens were killed by a lone Tenno alongside Teshin. Good for them. As I headed to the hangar, I noticed a particular Nullifier Crewman heading the same way. Kaz Merrin was his name. Last month, I saved his life in a battle onboard another ship, during a Grineer offensive. Since then he's been a good source for intelligence and companionship on this boring undercover job. "Kaz, looks like we finished at the same time. What'd they task you with?" I ask.

"Just another scan of the ship, in case any Grineer soldiers had stayed behind to ambush us in our sleep. Just like last time, there were no signs of anything strange. A few random heat signatures from the reactor section, but when we investigated nothing was there. Probably just the reactor's heat, nothing to worry about."

"Alright, but be careful. Don't get lazy, or you could die." Just then, I heard shrill laughter coming from down the hall. The lights flickered, then shut off entirely. I turned the light on my Dex Sybaris, and peered down the hall. I couldn't see down the hall far enough, but I could hear shouting, laserfire and attack drones whizzing by. Then, as quickly as it started, it ended... in silence.

Edited by Riley355

Chapter Two: Complacent Horror

PrLvACQ.jpg

Location: Grineer Galleon A-25, drifting aimlessly near Ceres.

Objective: Run away! Tactical retreat.

As we retreated through the open doorway, the lights flickered back on. "What was that?!" Kaz asked as we began to run.

"I'm not sure, but we need to get to my landing craft before they catch up with us." Suddenly, a near-invisible figure bumped into us as we opened a hatch.

"RUN AWAAAAAY!" Kaz yells and runs towards another door, hitting his head on the top and disorienting himself. I punched the console with my fist, shutting the hatch before it could break through.

"Correction," I told him as I helped him up, "we're not running away. We're tactically retreating!"

"Good idea, the boss won't demote us if we say that!" he says with a laugh as we proceeded down the next hallway.

"Here, I'll see where the others are." I tapped into the Tenno radio frequency. It was the first time in two days I'd used it, and I was worried that the other operatives wouldn't pick up. Why are there other Tenno operatives, you may ask? Well, because it's a massive task! Doing this alone would be a fool's errand, you know? Sadly, they separated us so we wouldn't cause any trouble, so we had to stay out of contact. "You guys okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, we're good," said a familiar voice. It belonged to Iraku Eaos, also known by his callsign Geariko. A swordsman and sniper by nature, and his preferred Warframe is Excalibur.

"We're already at the landing craft, where are you?" said a deeper, yet kind, voice. That would be Matthias O'Connor, a Tenno master of the gun and blade. His Warframe is Wukong.

"Kaz and I are heading there now. What's going on?!" I say as Kaz and I retreat down the hallway, towards extraction. The halls of the Galleon were confusing , but Kaz knew his way around from patrolling the ship. It's safe to say that without him, I'd have been lost.

"It's t- Grin-! They hid sq- anic- near the rea- room, they're slau-ring everyone! Do not try t-" The radio fizzled out. I started to hear the laughter. It was getting louder and louder, coming from behind Kaz and I. We were almost there. One more room and we'd be at extraction. We would finally get off of this deathtrap of a galleon. As Kaz enters the doorway, it shuts behind him. They locked me in, those... beasts of the Grineer. My ammunition had been emptied by the Corpus, for "safety" of the crewmen. All I had left to use were my twin Corpus tonfas, the Ohma. As they approached, their cloaks began to disappear slowly. I grin widely as the Ohma activate, electricity crackling.

"Come on then, you Grineer dogs," I taunt. "Show me what you've got!" Two of them lunged at the same time, creating the perfect opportunity. I slid under their attacks, spinning my tonfas with enough force to rip a normal soldier in half. They shrieked in pain as I broke their ribcages, their bodies writhing and shaking in pain as electricity crackled through their armor and cooked them alive from the inside out. A third barreled into me before I could finish the slide, sending me crashing into the wall. Before I could get back up, he leaped at me. All I had time to do was block. Unluckily for him, the Tonfas were still electrified. As he grabbed the Tonfas and was electrocuted, I shoved him (and the Ohma) back, took off my disc from my back and threw it at his head. Before he could react, the disc sliced his head clean off and flew back towards me. I caught it, put it on my back, and grabbed my Ohmas as four more approached me. Suddenly, the door behind me opened and I fell backwards into the hallway.

"Quickly, we need to get out of here!" Kaz shouted at me. I got up and he shut the door as a Manic lunged. The doorway shut, which cut it in half.

"A fitting end for a monster of the Grineer." We ran down the hallway, coming to the stairway leading up to the awaiting landing craft. Iraku motions for us to get inside, and we happily oblige. 

"What happened in there, Rai?" he asked as our ship Cephalon, Ordis, raised the ramp. That's right, I forgot to introduce myself! I'm Rai Incendia, Tenno operative and mercenary for hire. Pleasure to make your acquaintance. Anyways, I shrugged and explained what happened.

"The manics cornered us, locked me inside before I could retreat with Kaz. I killed a few of them, and they were about to overwhelm me, but Kaz managed to open the door in time and we escaped." He nodded in silence, then sat next to Matthias and tinkered on his weapons. "Ordis, could you please get us back to the Orbiter?" I politely asked.

"Of course, Operator! But... What about your Corpus PET ally, Kaz Merrin? Protocol states that only the Operators may board the Orbiter, and he is not a Tenno! BANISH HIM. He cannot stay here."

"On the way, we'll drop him off at Command. For now, just get us out of here." Kaz's body language gave him a half-disappointed look, but he nodded regardless.

"Yes, Operator... We are leaving now." The ship shuddered as we lifted off, but we managed to leave without any further incidents. Soon after, we landed at the command ship and explained what had happened. Luckily for us, only Kaz was assigned to do paperwork, as he was an official employee and not a mercenary. We said our goodbyes and left for the Orbiter, waiting for our next assignment.

Edited by Riley355

Chapter 3: Boot Camp

KjFnOcx.jpg

Location: Imperial Prophets' clan dojo, somewhere in the Void

Objective: Regain proper motor function in our bodies.

After saying our goodbyes aboard the command ship, we headed back to the Orbiter to wait for our next mission. However, as that would be over two weeks, it was going to be pretty dull if all we did was sit around and wait. So, I decided to propose an idea. We'd recruit our close allies, the Red Veil and Teshin, and go to our Clan Dojo as ourselves - not as the infested husks we normally use, but our true bodies, There, we will train and hopefully become strong again, so we can use transference more potently. Iraku and Matthias agreed, and I contacted them. "Honored members of the Red Veil, I ask that you help my fellow Tenno and I train to recover our dexterity, agility, and strength. Teshin, I ask the same of you. You know better than anyone how our powers work, and you should know how to help us reawaken that which once was lost. The coordinates of our dojo will be sent to you now, if you choose to accept."

"We will support you, exalted one. We shall be there shortly."

"Tenno, are you sure about this? Your power could prove to be much more potent than you could imagine. I am unsure if you can control it."

"I'm sure, Teshin. I won't fail."

"This child is strong in his conviction, Dax. Are you the same? Or are you afraid of what he can do?"

"..."

"...We will see what happens during your training, my pupil. I will be there soon." The transmission ended as I sent them the dojo's coordinates. Iraku, Matthias, and I got ready in our landing craft.

"Operators, are you ready? Ordis will maintain the ship while you are gone. Be back soon!" We nodded and began our trip to the dojo. Once we arrived, we unpacked our spare jumpsuits in our rooms and headed to the training hall. Teshin was waiting for us, alongside three Red Veil senior members.

"Tenno, your true trials have just begun. Behind us are three rooms, each reworked for one of you to train in. These rooms are of a shifting nature, similar to that of Orokin designs before it. Good luck, Tenno. I hope you can make it out safely."

As we stared at the darkness within each room, we did not feel fear. Instead, we smiled. For we knew that completing these trials would bestow upon us mastery of our power. "Let the training... begin!"

1 hour ago, (PS4)SuperShadic445 said:

Will there be a ZA WARUDO! reference? 
As for the writing, it's pretty decent so far. 

Yes, in the form of a Limbo antagonist down the line! :3

1 hour ago, heskaroid said:

Pillarframes please

Atlars, Rhinodisi, Chromudu.

Hahahah! Perhaps, perhaps...