Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is warframe anymore?

(PSN)WINDMILEYNO

Im in a bit of a video game mid life crisis. (23). Anyone else?

Someone just made a point to me that volt is great for camping and thats what he excels at now. Explains why i die a little inside everytime i load up warframe.

The whole game is just grinding and camping now isnt it?

Im actually about to put call of duty black ops 3 into my console....it came with my ps4, and i just never got around to trading it in. Cod...wow...

This really doesnt concern anyone, but just talking to talk i guess. I dont particularly care for any other frame. Mainly because of the way powers are expected to be used. What is fire ball? Or null star? Or iron jab? And then i play horizon zero dawn, or the division, or even transistor just to get a feel for really good abilities and effects. If i play anyone in warframe, its wukong and the only ability i use is defy to get around the one shot downs that are everywhere in this game, amd thats just if i log on and see an alert i deem worth my time. Endurance runs...no, not anymore. An hour wasted on warframe is an hour i could have spent doing something better.

But i wont delete the game. I dont know if i could being myself to delete the game. I have good memories of warframe, its one of 2 games i played exclusively for a little over a year, nothing else....

But warframe is different now...

I guess i just in limbo, anyone else can relate?

Maybe before the relics system, but seems like the only reason to camp these days is on the off chance of a hard Sortie mission. Otherwise, I find the meta to be more about rushing these days.

Also, the game has always been about lots of grinding.

2 minutes ago, Ryme said:

Maybe before the relics system, but seems like the only reason to camp these days is on the off chance of a hard Sortie mission. Otherwise, I find the meta to be more about rushing these days.

Also, the game has always been about lots of grinding.

Not the same way thoughb the only thing on alerts and timers was vauban pieces and potatoes.

Yep... kinda. I still love warframe but I hate the way the majority of the community plays it (that is to say, give the reward right now, as fast as possible, and with as little effort on my part or I'm not playing the game correct). Unfortunately I got into this game because it was co-op not because I wanted to ignore players who essentially turn the game into a slot machine that takes too long to show you the results.

power creep mostly, it exists in warframe and my thought why it exists because DE, the developer of warframe didn't expect Warframe to stand for 4 years and made all of the weapons and warframe abilities for low level enemies, but then, game stand for 4 years and DE realized that players needs more strength because they are fighting against way harder enemies over time so they started giving new frames and weapons way better stats for example nidus, new prime weapons etc. 

thats why they started reworking abilities of warframes, to scale them better with the current enemies that evolved within 4 years, they are not buffing weapons that much i dont know why but i hope they start buffing early weapons and primes too soon.

all i can say is take a break i guess, im sure DE trying his best to give those frames and weapons what they need asap, hopefully won't take too long

1 minute ago, JSharpie said:

I think you've let someone else's opinion paint you into a box.

I really dont enjoy volt, and because volt is ruined, the whole game is ruined. Thats what it boils down to, as ridiculous as that sounds. 

I find Nyx, Wukong, and Nekros to be the only frames i can tolerate, but they all have their own shortcomings and i would have to put time into them, time being the key. Warframe takes too much time now. I dont have all day to play this game anymore. 

16 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Im in a bit of a video game mid life crisis. (23). Anyone else?

Someone just made a point to me that volt is great for camping and thats what he excels at now. Explains why i die a little inside everytime i load up warframe.

The whole game is just grinding and camping now isnt it?

Im actually about to put call of duty black ops 3 into my console....it came with my ps4, and i just never got around to trading it in. Cod...wow...

This really doesnt concern anyone, but just talking to talk i guess. I dont particularly care for any other frame. Mainly because of the way powers are expected to be used. What is fire ball? Or null star? Or iron jab? And then i play horizon zero dawn, or the division, or even transistor just to get a feel for really good abilities and effects. If i play anyone in warframe, its wukong and the only ability i use is defy to get around the one shot downs that are everywhere in this game, amd thats just if i log on and see an alert i deem worth my time. Endurance runs...no, not anymore. An hour wasted on warframe is an hour i could have spent doing something better.

But i wont delete the game. I dont know if i could being myself to delete the game. I have good memories of warframe, its one of 2 games i played exclusively for a little over a year, nothing else....

But warframe is different now...

I guess i just in limbo, anyone else can relate?

I have a friend who has been playing for years and is only MR8, he only plays Volt. He loves Volt. He usually plays mostly melee and speed builds. 

He doesn't care about a lot of the latest stuff, because he doesn't need the latest frame, he already has Volt. He doesn't need every weapon in the game, like the harder to get ones, because there are 300 weapons, and they keep making more, so there is always more to experiment with. Always something new to try. 

He just enjoys the game, and he is better at looking at the core point of a video game than I am. He doesn't take it seriously, it is just another form of entertainment, and if it isn't fun for him, if it is just camp or grind, he would just play something else. 

So he plays the game HIS way. He doesn't care what people say about what Volt should be, he just goes full melee. If the level gets too high for it to be viable, he just fits lower level stuff, and just enjoys using different weapons and playing in random public matches for fun. 

I guess my point is, the game is what YOU make of it. If the box the others have put the game in for you isn't fun, then try playing it your own way, and don't worry about what others think. And if you totally just play your way, and you find you still aren't having fun, then maybe it is time to take a break. Don't delete it, don't go crazy, but if that point comes, just step back for a bit. You don't have to stop forever, you can just scale back how much you play a bit. Don't burn yourself out. 

But I think the source of a lot of burnout is people playing too much in a box. Don't let the game's camping meta define YOU. Do what you enjoy, play your OWN game. And like I said, if you do that, and it still isn't fun for you, then maybe you can step back a bit for a time. 

Edit: I just saw you say "Volt is ruined", I am curious why you say that? Is it in terms of higher meta viability, what would you say ruined him? If you really feel he is ruined perhaps it is time for a break, if he was your favorite. But don't let other people's opinion of Volt ruin him for you. Don't let other people's opinions tell you how to play the game, or how to enjoy something. Do what you want, have fun with what you want, independent of other people's opinions. Who cares what they think he should be for, or how the game should be played? Play your own game. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

The game has always been about collecting loot, like one of the monster hunter games.  

Play some other games for a bit, if Warframe is not entertaining you . It's almost never a good idea to play when you're burned out. 

Edited by LazyKnight

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I have a friend who has been playing for years and is only MR8, he only plays Volt. He loves Volt. He usually plays mostly melee and speed builds. 

He doesn't care about a lot of the latest stuff, because he doesn't need the latest frame, he already has Volt. He doesn't need every weapon in the game, like the harder to get ones, because there are 300 weapons, and they keep making more, so there is always more to experiment with. Always something new to try. 

He just enjoys the game, and he is better at looking at the core point of a video game than I am. He doesn't take it seriously, it is just another form of entertainment, and if it isn't fun for him, if it is just camp or grind, he would just play something else. 

So he plays the game HIS way. He doesn't care what people say about what Volt should be, he just goes full melee. If the level gets too high for it to be viable, he just fits lower level stuff, and just enjoys using different weapons and playing in random public matches for fun. 

I guess my point is, the game is what YOU make of it. If the box the others have put the game in for you isn't fun, then try playing it your own way, and don't worry about what others think. And if you totally just play your way, and you find you still aren't having fun, then maybe it is time to take a break. Don't delete it, don't go crazy, but if that point comes, just step back for a bit. You don't have to stop forever, you can just scale back how much you play a bit. Don't burn yourself out. 

But I think the source of a lot of burnout is people playing too much in a box. Don't let the game's camping meta define YOU. Do what you enjoy, play your OWN game. And like I said, if you do that, and it still isn't fun for you, then maybe you can step back a bit for a time. 

I felt kind of bad that i didnt help my clan at all with the hostage event, as dead as it is. I think one guy got one and did most of it himself, but the same mission, several times...no.

Thank you for the advice

2 minutes ago, LazyKnight said:

The game has always been about collecting loot, like one of the monster hunter games.  

Play some other games for a bit, if Warframe is not entertaining you . It's almost never a good idea to play when you're burned out. 

But i have played monster hunter for hours, sometimes an entire day (younger me). But that game is burnout resistant to me...

3 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

But i have played monster hunter for hours, sometimes an entire day (younger me). But that game is burnout resistant to me...

To be honest I think a big part of it is Warframe's community. Too much of the community, I wouldn't say they are anything but well meaning, it is just that many of them have a strong desire to put everything in terms of the most efficient camp/grind, which really feels more like a job. 

Grinding for loot doesn't feel so bad if everyone is just having fun, hanging out and being casual, and not worrying so much about bringing the perfect efficient setup, so you can go for an hour long run, where everyone each presses mostly one button, and snores through their role, etc. In general there is an attitude also of people leaving missions like dark sectors early for credits, instead of staying and having fun killing with other Tenno. And shorter missions make the grind feel worse, i think, when you just keep doing very short runs. 

IMO, that's what the solution is, if people feel constrained or burned out, think outside the box. Think about what about Warframe really attracted you to it in the first place? Then do that, and who cares if it isn't meta, or isn't the most efficient way to farm. People can go form a group in recruit chat if they want that, just do your own thing. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

Looks like a club of anonymous alcoholics to me. U'r tired of beer? Have some w(h)ine.

No. Go take some good book to read. Take a pencil and draw something. Take your bike (if you have one) and go for a ride. Do some sports, or dances, or learn something new. Why does it have to be "take a break from this game to play another game"? This is degradation.

No offense.

11 minutes ago, Bouldershoulder said:

Why does it have to be "take a break from this game to play another game"? This is degradation.

Did you even read the OP post? The OP was talking about playing call of duty black ops and that's why I posted play something else. 

If you think playing video games is degrading then why are you here? 

3 minutes ago, LazyKnight said:

Did you even read the OP post? The OP was talking about playing call of duty black ops and that's why I posted play something else. 

If you think playing video games is degrading then why are you here? 

I think that advising to play something instead of another something is degrading. If the man is tired of playing, there's real life all around.

Also, games are meant to be entertainment. What's the point of saying things as if they were a life's challenge? "Don't listen to them, do as you like. That's it, good boy, don't give up, you can do this". Scrap it.

Edited by Bouldershoulder

16 minutes ago, Bouldershoulder said:

I think that advising to play something instead of another something is degrading. If the man is tired of playing, there's real life all around.

No, it's not degrading. Or are you making the assertion that video games are an addiction? Their is no virtue in any form of entertainment and at best it is a distraction.

The choice of playing another video game instead of the current would be a false dilemma.  The better  choices over two entertainment options would be doing anything productive, 

21 minutes ago, Bouldershoulder said:

Also, games are meant to be entertainment. What's the point of saying things as if they were a life's challenge? "Don't listen to them, do as you like. That's it, good boy, don't give up, you can do this". Scrap it.

There isn't a point in convincing someone to persevere through entertainment. If entertainment feels like work then it stops functioning as a distraction.

I think it depends on how you play Warframe. Me and my friends get burnt out if we focus on farming for primes and all. Using the so called meta setup and breezing through mission after mission. 

But when we focus on having fun it's like a completely different game. Instead of grinding, we just goof around in Lunaro or missions. Instead of using meta we make our own builds. 

At times the community can be revolting like when my friend used Ash with rejuvenation, someone was thrash talking to him in that mission. But that's the beauty of blocking. 

Guess you just need to play this game the way you want. Get some friends who want to have fun the way you do as well. But if all else fails, just take a break. It works wonders in reigniting the spark. 

Edited by GKDK

2 hours ago, Bouldershoulder said:

Looks like a club of anonymous alcoholics to me. U'r tired of beer? Have some w(h)ine.

No. Go take some good book to read. Take a pencil and draw something. Take your bike (if you have one) and go for a ride. Do some sports, or dances, or learn something new. Why does it have to be "take a break from this game to play another game"? This is degradation.

No offense.

My personal life is just fine, going to the gym later today. This literally was just about video games, this one specifically... No offense taken though :)

5 hours ago, AmazingMrAirplane said:

It's best just to find another game. Warframe is good for sure, but if you are burnt out. Play something else.

5 hours ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Well you don't need to force yourself to play it. Can always take a break and come back later or play another game

What people call burn-out, when you play WF too much and finish everything you wanted and you just log in to log in and play because it's so much fun but you don't put any objectives to it. It's good to take breaks just like with everything else.

Warframe is not a farming game. Despite what we as the community say, it is if you force it to be, if you want the latest frame and weapons and max everything and you live in just a single node with the same weapons and frame over and over it's like eating the same thing breakfast, lunch and dinner. Mix it up a little, log in, do the sortie, a invasion or kill bosses just for the lols. Randomize is your best friend.