Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PS4: Octavia's Anthem: Update 20.0.9 [+hotfixes]

[DE]Drew

33 minutes ago, (PS4)TheHourMan said:

Controls are still not fixed. I have my touchpad slides bound to gear hotkeys and the press bound to power menu. When I try to slide for gear, it activates powers. When I press, no power menu comes up.

I'm having the same issue. My touchpad slides are also bound to gear hotkeys. When I swipe for a gear, it activates a power.

48 minutes ago, (PS4)tometoter said:

The part of the Octavia quest where you run in circles activating and deactivating notes made me motion sick. Did anyone else have this problem? I couldn't even finish it because I was so dizzy. 

I did it just slowly, just jumping/aim-gliding platform to platform. 

I was doing it quickly at first, but could feel nausea setting-in. So I slowed down and just slow jumped until I could finish.

Had motion blur, bloom, and Adaptive exposure toggled off.

Most of my keybinds are working except Up D-Pad is still doing Large Map rather than my Gear hot key

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

1 hour ago, (PS4)RozGuun said:

I'm having the same issue. My touchpad slides are also bound to gear hotkeys. When I swipe for a gear, it activates a power.

Basically the patch destroyed the ability to customize controller for most buttons.  Can't map powers to r3 either.

They are aware of it and hopefully it can be hotfixed...

Edit just saw the post were they said they fixed it... I guess ill find out when I get home in 9 hrs

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

11 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

HOTFIX April 18th:

• Fixes for broken controller bindings.

^^ Thank you for the amazing update, and this fix DE!  :-)

This update was absolutely huge!

I'll be trying to find things that may have been missed in the patch notes and add them here, as well as important comments from Drew and summarize them here:

-See below:
     Note:  If you purchase Octavia, then you still have incentive to actually do her quest because you will get a riven mod from it.  (That plus you should just do the quest anyways, because it's incredible!)

11 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

If you purchase Octavia and then do her quest, you'll get a Riven Mod as a bonus reward at the end along with the blueprint. 

----------

A Controller Mechanic Change-up!
     We discussed this earlier on the PS4@4 stream, but I thought everyone should know that there was a general change to the way the crouch / roll / slide button mechanics work      for consoles / controllers (I'm not sure about controllers on PC quite yet.)

The Changes were as follows:

-Crouch
     -Before:  Standing still while "tapping" crouch would make you Roll.

-After U20 (now):  Standing still and pressing Crouch = you Crouch (with no delay)

^^ this was done so that you can time octavia's "crouch" buffs alot more easily, & because I've chewed Drew and several other DE staff members ears off about binds for consoles for over 3 years now.  (Sorry @[DE]Drew -- you know I love ya though! )  :-)
----------
     -Roll:  
     Having the joystick pressed "slightly" in any direction + tapping the Crouch / Slide / Roll button will = a Roll 
OR 
     If you are Limbo, you will notice a brand new "Dashing" animation which was added exclusively to him, as this is part of his passive now which takes him in and out of riftwalk!
----------
     - Slide:  
     Same as before (still a slight delay, as you need to be moving forward and "hold" the crouch/slide/roll button briefly.)

-Note:  Ideally, I would've liked to see the option for us to separate the crouch and roll binds, but this is the next best thing and I am forever grateful for it!  THANK YOU Drew / anyone at DE that contributed to this change!!!!
     (This also means you can tea-bag with 200% efficiency, FYI)  ;-)

--------------------------
I will add more if I find anything! :-)

2 hours ago, (PS4)RozGuun said:

Even after the hotfix?  Hmm, have you tried "resetting all your controls to "default" and then rebinding everything?  

I know it's a pain, but maybe worth a shot post-hotfix?

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Crackle2012 said:

Even after the hotfix?

Yes. I have rebinded them to other things, and it seems to work for them. But it doesn't seem to work for gear hotkeys. It looks as if it is just the touchpad that is messed up.

Edited by (PS4)RozGuun

11 minutes ago, (PS4)RozGuun said:

Yes. I have rebinded them to other things, and it seems to work for them. But it doesn't seem to work for gear hotkeys. It looks as if it is just the touchpad that is messed up.

I just reset my configuration and set it back to hot key into the touch pad and now it works. 

My keybindings are also still not working after the hotfix. I have Focus/Transference mapped to my touchpad button-press, and it works while aboard my landing craft, but in-mission it goes back to casting powers. My d-pad is also resetting to defaults in-mission. Tried resetting to defaults and re-mapping. Tried remapping both in and out of missions... still borked. :(

Just now, (PS4)demishock said:

My keybindings are also still not working after the hotfix. I have Focus/Transference mapped to my touchpad button-press, and it works while aboard my landing craft, but in-mission it goes back to casting powers. My d-pad is also resetting to defaults in-mission. Tried resetting to defaults and re-mapping. Tried remapping both in and out of missions... still borked. :(

Switch to the New Controller and the focus/transference will work. I had to do that myself. As for the dpad, try deleting your game data if you haven't. 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Viggorrah said:

Switch to the New Controller and the focus/transference will work. I had to do that myself. As for the dpad, try deleting your game data if you haven't. 

Unfortunately, it doesn't work on either controller config; I tried both. Not sure how to delete the game data.

28 minutes ago, (PS4)demishock said:

Unfortunately, it doesn't work on either controller config; I tried both. Not sure how to delete the game data.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Viggorrah said:

Sorry, I meant the save data. Not the entire game.

PS4 Settings > Storage > Saved Data

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Viggorrah said:

Try switching to the New Controller config when you can. That should hopefully fix the touchpad problems. 

Yes!  Try this for work around!  Thank you @(PS4)Viggorrah!!!