Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Official Wiki

(PSN)Romulus93

I'd like DE to make an official site with information akin to that of the wiki. The fan made wiki is just that; made by fans and subject to incorrect information. Warframe is a by the numbers game. The values are important and the best way to play is with transparency and accuracy of how the game, it's systems, and the myriad weapons at our arsenal, all work.

Edited by (PS4)Romulus93

The Wiki is nearly always correct, and if you find that something isn't you can change it yourself.  Wikia is a free-to-join website, after all.

That being said, is there anything in particular you're finding isn't correct?

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

The values are important and the best way to play is with transparency and accuracy of how the game, it's systems, and the myriad weapons at our arsenal, all work.

The devs have shown many times that no, they don't want to actually let you see the drop tables. There's a reason why V_G puts his datamined information on reddit where the devs can't ban him

19 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

The devs have shown many times that no, they don't want to actually let you see the drop tables. There's a reason why V_G puts his datamined information on reddit where the devs can't ban him

I'm only interested in the weapons, abilities, and such not the drop chances.

Just now, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

I'm only interested in the weapons, abilities, and such not the drop chances.

Those are usually correct unless the devs them selves do something wrong (Like how the math pre- limbo rework on the rift surge was wrong due to a bug).

]\'[

Mag Prime has 150 base power at level 30. With Primed Flow, it increase max energy by 275%. 275% x 150 gives me 412.5 energy but in game my Mag Prime has 425 energy. Somewhere along the equation are invisible factors I don't understand.

Edited by (PS4)Romulus93

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

Mag Prime has 150 base power at level 30. With Primed Flow, it increase max energy by 275%. 275% x 150 gives me 412.5 energy but in game my Mag Prime has 425 energy. Somewhere along the equation are invisible factors I don't understand.

275 PLUS 150 = 425

Pretty straightforward to me

uh, to elaborate on the above, from the Flow wiki page

The energy increase is applied to the base (rank 0) energy reserve of a Warframe before energy gains from level ups are applied.

• Energytotal = Energymax + (Energybase × Flow Multiplier)

For Mag Prime

Your energy max = 150 (rank 30)

Your energy base = 100 (rank 0)

Flow multiplier = 2.75 for primed flow

Total = (150) + [(100) * 2.75) = 150 + 275 = 425

Is it unintuitive? Yeah, you'd expect the 2.75 to multiply your max energy 150, but that's a game clarity issue, the wiki's got it right.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

I'd like DE to make an official site with information akin to that of the wiki.

Or better yet, information about the game should be IN THE GAME.  I've been pushing for about a year now that we need less dependancy on wiki, be it fan made or something 'official'.  Especially values, stats, and numbers for weapons, frames and abilities.  Those should be in the game itself, not something we have to minimize the game and study up on just to play the game.

What's the range of your favorite melee?  Dunno, check the wiki.  What's the flight speed of cernos versus cernos prime versus mutalist cernos?  Who friggin knows?  Check the wiki.  

Does Mutalist Cernos cloud damage enemies at a rate of every second? every half second?  Whats the radius of the cloud?  Hmmm, check the wiki.

Neat, Firewalker mod increases my bullet jump damage by 275%!  Wait, bullet jump does damage?  What's the base value?!

What are the unique differences when changing Chroma's energy colors?  I guess I have to print out a few wiki pages and make a little booklet or simply memorize everything, because it sure as heck isn't found in the game anywhere!

Values like these should be found in the arsenal, not some corner of the internet that the game doesn't even bother directing you to.

I'd love an official wiki for one reason: Wikia, the de facto standard for fan wikis, has become increasingly aggressive with its ad usage over the past half year, to the point that using an ad blocker is often necessary to even view a page, then they make every attempt to block such blockers with interstitial error pages claiming a server error but recommending that the user uninstalls all blocking software to fix the issue.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com is a perfect example of an officially hosted but user curated wiki and is proof it can be done.