The Second Stream Podcast: Oberon Revisited, 'Priest' Warframe, New Boss Fight & More

[DE]Taylor

The Second Stream Podcast   

608 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

It doesn't have to just be bidding to be an auction house. WoW's AH works partially as an actual auction, but also allows buyouts, which is what most people use, and is how most MMO AHs work. What was suggested is the same as WoW's AH, without the bidding.

How would that ruin warframe? How about a maroos change we let players set up market stands that have items with listed prices and players can either buy it from them for the price listed.

Edited by (PS4)EmilsTekcor

Fave frame is Oberon (along with most used) so I'm probably highly biased.

Currently, I like his design and his versatility (CC, Heal, Damage) but his Hallowed Ground in particular sucks because it discourages mobility and deals low damage. I rarely use it (mainly bulletjumping) and the only time I felt that it was useful was when in low health and being procced in a sortie.

What I would like to see is synergy between abilities (and other Warframe abilities), scalability and thematic coherency.

As for boss battles, I enjoy multistage battles. As an example, in Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions, each boss battle is a whole mission usually two-parter encounter with the boss, different mission objectives and fighting mooks strewn between said encounters with some differences in each encounter's mechanics. This might not translate as well in WF because this is more story driven. 

For example, in the first part, you fight the boss when he's not powered up. You fight it by attacking as well as dodging attack patterns and learning about their weakspots and how to trigger it. In the second, usually, the mechanics you learnt are more integral in defeating the boss.

For example, baiting the foe into a fuel tank and attacking until enemy mooks come while the boss hides until you finish the mooks (kinda like Vor) or exploiting his weaknesses by triggering something (baiting Vulture near a high intensity lamp and turning it on). 

Of course, this would mean increasing the rewards for the boss fight. And further shoving The Sword Alone tactic... DE PLS I WANNA KILL LEPHANTIS WITH MY MELEE.

I would just like a trading system where you put the price of what you are selling and someone just selects it and the transaction is done.I've been told that wf market works like this.

POPEFRAME LOREEEEE!!!

I had this vision of a new segment in your orbiter (possibly opposite the relic refinement menu) where you select sell-able items from your inventory to place in your [shop]. you can then type [shop] in chat to create a link that leads to a list of the things you have placed in your shop and the asking prices you selected. The shop creation menu should also provide options for selling things in bundles so you can sell complete prime sets without listing the parts individually. This segment would also have a second tab that would allow you to make a similar [WTB] list.

Boss battles need to be equally rewarding for the challenge that we experience. Right now they are as rewarding as they are challenging, so neither is satisfactory IMO. Also trade chat is absolutely useless. Why do I need to go outside of the game to sell in game parts?

On 18/4/2017 at 7:22 PM, Darkfeather21 said:

2. What are you looking for in regards to a Warframe rework?

Personally, I like abilities to have a cohesive theme with the warframe itself. Excalibur, the Holy Sword, has abilities based around using his sword. Nyx, goddess of night and chaos, sews chaos throughout the battlefield and turns her enemies to her friends. Atlas, titan of the earth, uses the ground itself to fight against his enemies. Ivara, bow of the warrior, is all about using her bow and arrows to destroy her enemies.

Oberon... Heals? Confuses? He's... Not very cohesive, either thematically or just mechanically.

Oberon, as a feeric king, will have confusion, revenge and madness as portrait.
I didn't like square shape for hallowed ground thou.
As for healing, I rather change the skill to some kind of sacrifice. 3s status, reflects to the player 50% of damage done, heals 200% over time.
That's more like it. Ol tricky vengeful deceiving elven king.

1. They have their use in specific situations

2. Making sure the abilities coding is STABLE because Complex thing always break with more pieces to them( same rules apply to electricity stuff)  *Stares at a half broken chroma giving a thumbs up* I'll also add updating the skills to fit the current content if it is lacking but Globally I want behind the scenes things where things are less likely to backfire.

3. Bosses, Its not easy its hard fought but always fun in the end. When two warriors of equal strength and skill clash on the battlefield they smile and enjoy the fight. I personally think bosses should be that way considering how powerful the warframes are the few who do stand a chance need to make us smile and enjoy the hard fight.