Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia’s Anthem: Hotfix 20.2.3

[DE]Rebecca

7 hours ago, Stunter said:

Forever Alone... :crylaugh:

It's OK I din't have any idea that we could friend ourselves either.

Although it's probably better this way, since I probably would have rejected my own invite! >.<

Hek, I might have even "Ignored" myself! =p

12 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Prevent him from freezing Allied projectiles only, not his own or enemies... Its extremely annoying when your trying to kill an enemy and suddenly your shots dont hit it.
In just a few weeks of his rework, i have had so many issues during missions where i try placing my Zenistar to defend some specific area near the objective and i am prevented from because the disk freezes in mid-air and vanishes without even activating because of Limbo.

If limbo already freeze the time theres no need for Zenistar. Sacou Bianca? :D

It is redundant to use zenistar within the cataclysm if enemies are already frozen, especially if you use Zenistar with proc. explosion for C.C. enemies.
And if the enemies have not frozen, zenistar will work normally.

Edited by --Blame--

On 4/19/2017 at 6:08 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Moved a Kuria to a reachable area in the Grineer Shipyard tileset.

They moved Kuria 13-3 to a new location. I wish they would have given players a chance to get it before they moved it to a new location, or at least told us that it is being moved. Here is the new location if you need it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGIBUGIJWxw

Also about Limbo nerf:

Spoiler

Most people who have wished limbo nerf, just dislike/ dont use or have deleted limbo

And I venture to say (just to spice it up) that they are the type of player who uses Valkyr in Defense, Rhino in Spy mission, Frost agains infestation and Ember in high tier survival, and they think that Vauban has more map control than a Rhino Stomp. Aka Ash/tonkor/nikana fanboy

Edited by --Blame--

On 04/20/2017 at 6:33 AM, -Temp0- said:

Doesn't really matter why, it's still unplayable unless everyone just uses melee - which doesn't happen in any pug mission, no one ever lettgo of lmb which results in cataclysm collapsing every 5-10 seconds. So yet another forced playstyle for teammates by a Limbo on their team or to Limbo by teammates, along with inability to shoot through the 'bubble' and reduced visibility because of it.

And solo it's unplayable because there's no squishier frame than Limbo, one bullet passing by will end him and there will be no one to revive him. So essencially, no mission where you both really need his "cc" and can effectively use him over other frames with similar abilities. 

You don't play a frame so you can afk for ~60 seconds on some mid level mobile defense solo.

Thats not how you are supposed to use limbo. It goes like this. Press 2, press 4, press 3, press 4, kill whatever you like without annoying your teamates.

Also in solo, if you don't use your primary or secondary (or redeemer), you will not lose stasis. Then how will you die?

Ps: just tried limbo's stasis+cataclysm (both about 50 seconds, max range) in a mobile defense in level 30 alert. It was the same as before. Don't see what the crying is all about

Edited by HuntingLion

1 hour ago, --Blame-- said:

Also about Limbo nerf:

Hide contents

Most people who have wished limbo nerf, just dislike/ dont use or have deleted limbo

And I venture to say (just to spice it up) that they are the type of player who uses Valkyr in Defense, Rhino in Spy mission, Frost agains infestation and Ember in high tier survival, and they think that Vauban has more map control than a Rhino Stomp. Aka Ash/tonkor/nikana fanboy

What's wrong with using valkyr in defense (you can do the killing) or frost in infestation (slow them down/freeze them in a large globe to kill without being on the edge of your seat)?

1 hour ago, HuntingLion said:

What's wrong with using valkyr in defense (you can do the killing) or frost in infestation (slow them down/freeze them in a large globe to kill without being on the edge of your seat)?

its like using a bra on head instead a helmet, works, but there is really something better to.

I'm not saying that the limbo is not overly strong before this hotfix, but nobody used the limbo, and now they ask to nerf it, for me this is jealous.

When someone comes in using the right warframe, with the right build for the right kind of mission, they think they're too strong and ask to nerf because they wear bra bras instead of helmets. 

Edited by --Blame--

2 hours ago, HuntingLion said:

Thats not how you are supposed to use limbo. It goes like this. Press 2, press 4, press 3, press 4, kill whatever you like without annoying your teamates.

Is a good combo to only leave the frozen enemies in the rift, but who complains of Limbo is always the type of person who wants to kill enemies in excavation missions, mobile defense ... the type of mission that only needs map control, and not kill mobs.

But unfortunately I have to agree, I believe that not everyone knows how to use the Limbo properly, it should have some kind of mechanism to circumvent situations where you are totally aware of Limbo in the missions, such as interacting with panels or catching the data of the mobile defense.

4 hours ago, HolyDemon00 said:

Because his CC (ie 4+2), despite its large range and huge duration, in most scenario, is more annoying than useful and required to either be built with negative range, or be deactivated early to not be a burden to your team (then what's the point of the big range and high duration then?). It's not something you can just thoughtlessly spam like Vauban's Bastille (heck even Vauban bastille got a lot of flak for its color despite being many times less annoying than Limbo) or Rhino's Stomp.

Who uses negative range on Limbo? Like low mr players (sorry) but that is stupid, the damage of that "Limbo bomb" is only for mid levels

2 hours ago, --Blame-- said:

its like using a bra on head instead a helmet, works, but there is really something better to.

I'm not saying that the limbo is not overly strong before this hotfix, but nobody used the limbo, and now they ask to nerf it, for me this is jealous.

When someone comes in using the right warframe, with the right build for the right kind of mission, they think they're too strong and ask to nerf because they wear bra bras instead of helmets. 

Hahaha! So true. That's why having a "main" frame means only for solo missions or with friends. Not for public party, coz you will need to think what is the right frame for the right mission or unless you want other players go qq on you and rage for being useless.

7 hours ago, --Blame-- said:

Also about Limbo nerf:

Hide contents

I have limbo and is one of the warframes that i most use, and i had wished that rework

the reason is because i saw a lot of nuke limbos and no one limbo who use it well, if DE didn't have do this change, limbo cannot be a warframe for people who think a lot in the map, the mission, the team, is a very difficult warframe to use, because you have to think when use the abilities for be more usefull, and if there are a build of "dps"... a lot of people wouldn't think how use limbo in his maximun potential

On 20.4.2017 at 1:15 AM, Meentlegen said:

You're the one thinking a nerf to his catabomb renders Limbo useless, which is oh-so-far from the truth. 

Sorry, but this is also my opinion. DE have tried to make this frame more adaptable to teamplay. Now how usefull this frame is, remains a mysterium.

-Stasis renders projectile weapons of your teammates useless, or lets say inefficient, since you dont know how many projectiles actually flying towards the enemies and when it is gonna end.

-Cataclysm has 3 damage sources, the modifier doing the most dmg has been nerfed, now all 3 damage sources deal no significant dmg at all, which just let ur CPU work for nothing.

-Also i have to mention, since the change, Cataclysm pops instantly after touching a nullifier bubble, which hasn't been the case, which is why defending stuff, Frost is simply better.

WHY is Frost better? He can buff, He deals much ... much ... much damage, also his bubble is recastable without popping it + it has an invincibility timer, which is good for end game missions. Oh yea, I almost forgot, Frost is more appreciated in teamplay, 'cause he's very adaptable to almost every playstyle.

Then Why Limbo? No clue. Oh wait, I know!

-Your team mate wants to hack a lockdown? ----> No Prob!  ----> cataclysm interrupts the hacking

-Your teammate just got randomly buffed and is ready to unload his whole magazine? ----> No prob! ----> Stasis time!

On 4/21/2017 at 4:11 PM, Feenexe said:

Who uses negative range on Limbo? Like low mr players (sorry) but that is stupid, the damage of that "Limbo bomb" is only for mid levels

because max range Limbo will interfere with everyone on the team, so you want negative for pinpoint accuracy of what you want to CC.

Max range Limbo was good with nuke Limbo, but nuke Limbo has been nerfed to trash, so no point to use max range anymore. Until DE changes how the rift interacts with other players, CC Limbo will never be in the same tier as CC Rhino or CC Vauban.

Edited by HolyDemon00

On 4/21/2017 at 3:58 PM, --Blame-- said:

Is a good combo to only leave the frozen enemies in the rift, but who complains of Limbo is always the type of person who wants to kill enemies in excavation missions, mobile defense ... the type of mission that only needs map control, and not kill mobs.

Actually no, on high enough level when eximus started to point, you need to kill mobs, or else leech eximus will empty your power bar in no time

Excavation only favors CC when you need to protect multiple excavator at the same time. If you're only protecting only one point, it doesn't really matter if you're CC or DPS. Basically, unless you're a Frost or Vauban, there's really not much difference between a Limbo or a Mesa. They both can solo one single excavator just fine, but unable to deal with 2.

Same with Mobile Defense, there's only one objective to protect, so it doesn't really matter if you use DPS or CC.

Edited by HolyDemon00

2 hours ago, HolyDemon00 said:

because max range Limbo will interfere with everyone on the team, so you want negative for pinpoint accuracy of what you want to CC.

Max range Limbo was good with nuke Limbo, but nuke Limbo has been nerfed to trash, so no point to use max range anymore. Until DE changes how the rift interacts with other players, CC Limbo will never be in the same tier as CC Rhino or CC Vauban.

Before rework max range and negative range Limbo is a thing, mostly on mobile def where you just need to protect the one with the datamass, but now max range Limbo is also good. If you are doing public squad always then yeah, it will be annoying to synergize with a Limbo, but you know you need to understand that well, the Limbomb was fun, it never meant to be a thing. He is a support, and will always be a support frame. If you're gonna use negative range on Limbo on this rework just to accurately rift a part then it will still be a negative range limbo style before rework, if you just want to "nuke bomb rift" enemies, which is not a thing now because of the fix, then maybe banish them since it is aoe skill now. The thing is being on a public squad you won't gonna have much freedom to do want you want in the mission coz they're gonna qq somehow, and if you do more damage than them they will always say that "this thing is broken, need nerf" even they don't know how a frame work or a weapon work. That is a common thing you will always encounter on public squads, and now, on having some friends or people you know in game play with you, you will interact with them so that Limbo can synergize well with the squad. You won't just use Limbo and be like "oh my God I can rift everything and kill with meelee". Everything is by preference. I personally wouldn't use Limbo on public squads that doesn't fit for the mission. That is why there will always be a "go-to-frame" the one that is okay, good, and great frame for all around missions.

On 4/19/2017 at 6:08 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Trading Platinum while having free Platinum will now display a tip that free Platinum cannot be traded.

Wait... does this mean you can't trade with plat that you got through selling primes, etc?