Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia’s Anthem: Hotfix 20.2.3

[DE]Rebecca

12 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Octavia’s Anthem: Hotfix 20.2.3

• Changed the Kavat icons on Mission Progress, End of Mission and Last Mission results to consistently show your Kavat's face (like the Arsenal); Pablo claims this is because they have personality.

Damn right Pablo :thumbup:

7 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Buffed Silence's base Duration to 10/15/20/30 (20% at max rank) which now matches Sonar so you can cast them in tandem.

Can you please explain how does this duration consistent with anything?

Silence is a toggle ability but it lasts for a 3 seconds. I mean affect every single mob.

If you are not forget about Banshee, can you please make it have more sence. Couse now for a savage silence you want to have low range just becouse mobs lost Crowd Control too fast. Even without any interaction.

And if you want to bring effect back you need to walk away from a mob. Couse you can't recast it for some reasons.

P.S. Are you sure it is not a bug? Ability lasts for 40 sec, you even make it longer, but work only for 3.

1 hour ago, CGs_Knackie said:

YAS!!!!! Now Limbo is healed, thanks DE. :D
My react seeing Limbo spam 4.
smIcFQD.jpg

1 hour ago, TheDerpAndMusicBrony said:

haha finally limbo's 4 got nerfed

1 hour ago, ZAXNIGHTMARE said:

is Limbo nerfed? cool no more nuke limbo anymore

1 hour ago, AzoreanEve said:

Limbo is no longer the better Ash. Thank you!

The Vex and Assimilate changes were much needed too.

1 hour ago, .Sadness said:

Limbo is over, finally.

oh boys i dont think that you realize that patch didnt change much for limbo except that you now need to spam even harder to kill since you deal less dmg 
just run a solo extermination and still nuking like hell :)

edit: did 1 round bere - 907 kills. about the same as before

edit2: after further testing i can say that this patch made him unviable as dps in late game (like completly S#&$), but for the casual missions he just became more annoying

Edited by _Mr.Robot

9 minutes ago, SPARTANXG117 said:

Nyx Assimilate fix when?
I should really read the notes better instead of speeding through them. XD

Also, can we see how effective the balance pass was at getting people to use weapons OTHER than the Tonkor, Simulor and Boltace?

Go listen to the last episode of the podcast, they talk about the nerfed/buffed weapons' usage after the changes (tonkor is still in the top 20).

18 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Buffed Silence's base Duration to 10/15/20/30 (20% at max rank) which now matches Sonar so you can cast them in tandem.

How about you make silence a recast ability? You know, like pretty much all abilities nowadays.

Edited by Stoner74

35 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Nyx's Assimilate Augment for Absorb no longer Absorbs Friendly Fire.

YES! :HappyDance:

Can we I get a summary of the discussion leading to this?

-----

Could I get an explanation on the 'why' of this?

Was praying for a change to Silence when Banshee Prime came out, but no dice.

Silence, as is, is useless for solo stealth - on account of Banshee's passive superseding it for your own weapons, and it not actually silencing enemy weapons.
Similarly, it's very poor for team stealth, since it, again, doesn't silence enemy weapons. An enemy in range shoots, an enemy outside range hears it - and there goes your stealth.

It is, primarily used for 2 purposes:
Short duration AoE stun - which can't be reapplied while it's active (see Nyx's original iteration of Chaos for how well that works).
Combined with Savage Silence to open up melee finishers. Which can't be reapplied while active.

Silence, as it stands, directly conflicts with Sonar.
Sonar wants more range and more duration for better uptime. Silence requires either lower range or minimal duration - so you can apply it to targets where you can actually capitalize on its effect.

Increasing its duration... doesn't help.

-----

Fixed inconsistent alternate Skins naming (Prisma Gorgon is now Gorgon Prisma etc).

One less pet peeve. :)

Edited by Chroia
Missed the Silence changes first time around.

So you keep the stupid looking, immersion breaking, clipping through everything giant Zenistar Dominion Skin because people enjoy it, yet you remove the Lepus Headgear other players enjoy (despite increasing the credit cost to 5,000)? Good to see you're consistent with "honoring" your players, DE.

Seriously, why keep something that could've easily been fixed and may break immersion for other players because someone thought it was fun, yet constantly remove the holiday accessories that other players enjoy? Hell, why increase the credit cost of the Lepus Ears from 1 credit to 5,000 credits if you were just going to get rid of it!? Why can we run around with candy canes on our backs or jingle bells on our fists all year, yet pumpkin heads, mustaches, and bunny ears are constantly a limited time thing!?

I don't even wear the holiday/No-Shave November accessories and I'm annoyed at this!

El dia que DE deje de hacerle caso a los jugadores llorones, este sera un buen juego. Una vez que limbo servia para algo, vinieron los jugadores llorones de siempre quejandose y nerfearon a Limbo. Adios Limbo, volves a ser basura como antes gracias a tus creadores.

17 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Limbo Changes:

• Cataclysm now deals different amount of damage over the time it exists: 25% Damage when bubble is full size, 100% at its smallest size.
  • Cataclysm damage scaling now uses average Health + Shield instead of total Health + Shield of enemies within.

Fun fact: the most hate i got, playing with him in the last few days, was for using stasis. I guess the fun goes on... for me at least.