Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Talk About An Atlas Rework?

Before I going running off to the feedback section with my little wishlist, I'd like to discuss this with fellow Tenno.

Atlas needs a rework. I cannot seem to think of any mission type in which I would prefer to use him instead of some other warframe. Now, I know there are some of you out there that have spent some considerable time playing as Atlas and I'd like to here what you've got to say about my propositions. If you disagree, say why and if you agree he needs a rework and you have some suggestions, share your ideas with us.

The changes I would make:

Buff Landslide, give it some particle and FX action too. I mean this is a big dude, the ground should shake when he walks let alone when he's knocking stuff out.

Combine Rumblers and Tectonics. I honestly have no clue what to do with Tectonics. I guess if I camped during survivals it would come in handy, but I don't.

Petrify needs to be more powerful and more speedy. I put a forma on Atlas this week and literally no one would wait for Petrify to work, I had Ore Gaze equipped and was trying to see how it worked. It takes too long. Perhaps elevate this ability to the same heights as Molecular Prime, make it a true blue crowd control ability. Imagine running around a stone garden of Grineer bombards, replacing their weapons with daisies! :D

His fourth should be the mother of all ground slam AOE knockout! In a fit of rage, Atlas should pound the ground sending out this epic petrifying wave, the enemies in its wake become petrified and if enough damage has been done, they should explode causing a second petrifying wave of fire to the rest. We should see epic dust clouds and burning embers etc. I'd call it: World on My Shoulders or Map Slap. 

honestly i like how atlas is right now, his 1 is great for ragdolling anything within range and the damage scales off his melee mods. his 2 for throwing a wall up when needed, such as behind someone hacking a panel or blocking off a path. his 3 has instant stagger on everything within its range, so its good for quick cc. and his 4 summons 2 unkillable golems like like to back-hand anything and everything. dam good frame imo

though i will admit his abilities feel kinda all over the place and lacking in any kind of synergy

Edited by Arcanolath

his abilities just need buffing, not changing:

- Landslide has enough damage and Knockback, though I think it should also grant him more armour temporarily after each punch, so that heavy enemies can't kill him as easily before the third punch in his combo sends them flying.

- Tectonic walls should be bigger, like Donald-Trumps-Aspirations-for-Mexico big. right now they're no bigger than a Grineer Blunt, and let's be honest, has a Blunt ever prevented you from killing a Grineer? they should be as big as Volt's Electric Shield, at the very least. keep the boulder utility because it's fun and works well in narrow corridors and other chokepoints.

- petrify should take far less time to "Medusa" enemies, and should affect a much wider area.

- Rumblers should be given the ability to Petrify enemies, allowing for a synergy where Rumblers freeze targets in place for the player to smash them with landslide.

Atlas is still a fairly recent frame compared to many so it'll be a while before he gets a chance at a rework.

31 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Yeah he needs a rework for sure, he's not much good outside of spamming his 1 really, two of his abilities are useless, he's not even tanky and his rumblers are a joke compared to nekros shield of shadows.

Well he's not really made to be tanky, he's a bit of a glass cannon. Hits like a brick but his only protection is his walls and Rumblers. Admittedly his stone gaze is a bit of an oddball that takes forever to kick n fully with a horrid range (width wise it's fine to me)

Honestly, I don't mind Atlas the way he is now. His first ability is pretty good and you are invincible while using it, he has a wall so you can protect yourself in a heated moment, his 
Petrify ability while it could use some small changes, is a decent Crowd Control ability and the augment makes enemies drop more loot when you kill them, and the rumblers provide a decent distraction. While Atlas could use some small changes, I feel like he is an overall really solid frame, just more for solo play.

I think the issue lies with him being niche/ no synergy.  Like his only form of CC is slow and doesn't effect many people.

The wall is situational since you rarely need to take cover in warframe.  Sure I could block a way off.  But how often is that really going to be useful?  And snowglobe is just indeff better as a group protector.  the rumblers themselves are not bad.  but they rely on AI to guide them.  and often enough they are not saving you from death.  His 1 is really the only good/consistent ability he has.

I think if they re did the wall power or gave him a different ability here it would be nice.  The stare should go out much farther and wider and effect enemies quicker.  maybe give atlas some damage reduction while walking around with it.  and make his 4 stay leashed to you only going after enemies you start to attack.

For me atlas is perfect, it have a first ability that do a insane damage with the correct melee, a second ability that can protect a point, a third ablity that can petrify all enemys and with the argument mod support nekros farming, the only the 4 that for me only works for distract the enemys

6 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

his abilities just need buffing, not changing:

- Landslide has enough damage and Knockback, though I think it should also grant him more armour temporarily after each punch, so that heavy enemies can't kill him as easily before the third punch in his combo sends them flying.

- Tectonic walls should be bigger, like Donald-Trumps-Aspirations-for-Mexico big. right now they're no bigger than a Grineer Blunt, and let's be honest, has a Blunt ever prevented you from killing a Grineer? they should be as big as Volt's Electric Shield, at the very least. keep the boulder utility because it's fun and works well in narrow corridors and other chokepoints.

- petrify should take far less time to "Medusa" enemies, and should affect a much wider area.

- Rumblers should be given the ability to Petrify enemies, allowing for a synergy where Rumblers freeze targets in place for the player to smash them with landslide.

Atlas is still a fairly recent frame compared to many so it'll be a while before he gets a chance at a rework.

that walls XD

Atlas was the first frame I bought after I got bored with Excalibur. I love the guy. I assume the ppl saying he isn't tanky mean "end game" because I rarely die to anything other than stupidity with him. 

His 1 and 4 are the only abilities I use.  I play with 3 from time to time just cuz I like the animation. I never use the wall. It's stupid. 

He needs something--he doesn't work well with a team and he's barely used. Lack of scaling means he doesn't even do what he's supposed to do--tank--well.

The wall could really use a buff; it's smaller than any other shield in the game and it has none of the bonuses that the others do (Volt's shield being movable and offering a buff to bullets, Frost's bubble being 360protection). At the very least it needs to be bigger since it's totally useless on anything other than the most cramped tilesets.

It would be neat if Ore Gazing your allies gave them an armor buff. He can't do anything to help his allies.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I've always thought that his 1 ought to just be his 4, an exalted weapon. It could get some more combos and applications if it were a toggle over just mashing 1. Maybe keep the invulnerability on slide attacks.

13 hours ago, moon.boots said:

He needs something--he doesn't work well with a team and he's barely used. Lack of scaling means he doesn't even do what he's supposed to do--tank--well.

The wall could really use a buff; it's smaller than any other shield in the game and it has none of the bonuses that the others do (Volt's shield being movable and offering a buff to bullets, Frost's bubble being 360protection). At the very least it needs to be bigger since it's totally useless on anything other than the most cramped tilesets.

It would be neat if Ore Gazing your allies gave them an armor buff. He can't do anything to help his allies.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I've always thought that his 1 ought to just be his 4, an exalted weapon. It could get some more combos and applications if it were a toggle over just mashing 1. Maybe keep the invulnerability on slide attacks.

Wut? He doesn't tank though, there is a reason why he is referred to as the "One Punch" frame. His first power (Landslide which makes you immune to damage) can 1 hit his way through a T3 Eximus survival sortie.

his 1 is fine. it scales stupidly well and can easily beat warframes like ash/equinox for damage output while also making him immune to healthbar damage effectively making him a 1-man bladestorm.

his 2 is fine. the size is okay because the 2 also blocks your own shots so it being bigger would be bad. and the main value in having his 2 is it's the only deployable that literally blocks enemy movement(as in they literally cannot walk through it) allowing you to do some tricky ai pathing shennanigans. Personally i like the augment better than the boulder so if I could recommend any change to it, it would be switch the augment and the current functionality. 3 walls so I can trap the capture target/sortie defence guy is generally more useful than 1 wall that can sometimes turn into a boulder I never use.

his 3 needs to be better. up the energy costs by 500% and make it instantly petrify enemies in range. or give it better synergy with his other skills (like stoned units take way more damage from his other skills). It's also bad because stronger enemies actually get petrified slower. And also the fact that petrification as a debuff is not the same as a stun (like rhino stomp). targets affected by petrification effects are immune to status effects so things like bleed procs become unusable against stoned units.

his 4 is fine. the rumbler's serve as meatshields fine distractions. they're fun to watch, and surprisingly do a lot of melee kills. they're probably the best minion skill you can get in the game beyond equinox's duality (because a minion that uses 300% of your currently equipped weapon's damage with aimbot accuracy is hard to beat)

Atlas is this little gem nobody understands on the first glance, or the initial run through. This makes him like Hydroid to the player base. I keep hearing Hydroid' He's dumb he can turn into a puddle. Well when a player goes down and it's level 35-120 aggro'ing all around them, as a hydroid you simply run in and drop them into the puddle abyss while another revives. It's also a great way to escape some serious damage, like Wu-Kong's Cloudwalker. Same goes for Atlas and his wall and petrify abilities, especially against infested units. You can herd the flood of infested by jamming a door, this lets you defend while your back is covered. I've seen Atlas use the four walls to hold a defense target in place to protect them during Sortie 3 defenses. His petrify can crash a hoarde of infested trying to destroy a excavator in a instant,It's not weak at all. With a Prime duration you can watch netflix holding them all in place while the weaker mob units die off. He can withstand Eximus mobs spamming knockdown fire blasts. This frame is really worth the quest to aquire if you're trying to minimize your sortie and excavation woes.

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

I love one-punch atlas. The issue is his 3 has a fairly short range and only works with any reasonable speed with lots of power strength, so I'd like it to be a bit more powerful. his walls are interesting, but are very situational. Give them a synergy with something else he does: make all walls also petrify enemies around them, or he can punch them for a huge aoe damage/knockdown, or something his rumblers can do with them (or hey, all three!). his rumblers are pretty good, the only real issue there is the AI

On 4/20/2017 at 7:43 AM, Evanescent said:

I did one a long time ago, if anyone wants to give it a read, here it is

Turned out pretty well if I do say so myself.

Not bad, yet when I see every Rework of him basically begging to get rid of the AI on his Rumblers, and just make him one instead, well, let's just say I hope DE gets the hint when they Rework him.

12 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Graysmog said:

Not bad, yet when I see every Rework of him basically begging to get rid of the AI on his Rumblers, and just make him one instead, well, let's just say I hope DE gets the hint when they Rework him.

I believe that's mostly because we all can collectively agree the AI is....pretty bad, to put it politely..

52 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

I believe that's mostly because we all can collectively agree the AI is....pretty bad, to put it politely..

Yeah, at least with Nekros' Shadows, they stick to one area and can be brought back to you upon another cast if they start to stray. You can control where they're supposed to go, and since there's far more of them, they're actually quite useful.