Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe can have boss music tracks -- just not the traditional way!

NightmareT12

I'm pretty sure a lot of people have been thinking of having music tracks in Warframe for a long time, but because the fights are usually so short, it's hard to add.

However, because Warframe has Dynamic Music, I started to think there might be a way to make it work... Just not the traditional one. Traditionally, a boss track will sound when such a boss appears. I think everyone has Dark Souls or Devil May Cry in their minds for such a thing, you enter the boss area and BAM, there goes the theme.

But I got to think... What if it worked differently? Why can't we use the Dynamic Music to our advantage here? What if the theme started sounding at the start of the level, and it added layers as you progressed?

To make an example, I took the Orokin Void Combat track and sectioned it. Imagine Corrupted Vor is a boss and the Orokin Combat track is his theme. Sorry for the bad quality in advance, there's been so many conversions it was bound to happen :P

You drop into the level, only these 3 layers sound (used as lower key as possible):

Now, as you advance/find enemies, there's a couple more layers added:

And finally, the boss appears and all layers sound. Chorus kick in, horns too:

When you finish the boss, there could be low key sounds again only as you head to extraction (like when you finish the specter at the rail and there's that small loop playing before you activate the cinematic).

Finally, to make the extraction sound more epic, I think you guys could use this one released with Lunaro for Bosses and Raids... That way it's not always on AND it gives a sense of "greatness":

Of course, this is all assuming it can be linked to a node, but seeing there is a way to assure the spawn of specific tileset rooms (Kela) I don't see why this wouldn't be possible.

Thanks for your time!

I know what you mean, but man. Boss battles would have to have more intense composition altogether in my opinion, which they don't atm, they just share the stage bgm.

The dynamic bla bla where you cut your track and asign it to match the pacing is already there tho. 

16 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

I know what you mean, but man. Boss battles would have to have more intense composition altogether in my opinion, which they don't atm, they just share the stage bgm.

The dynamic bla bla where you cut your track and asign it to match the pacing is already there tho. 

IO'm not sure I understand your response >_>

What I'm saying is: Imagine facing Kela de Thaym, and instead of spawning with the stage BGM you spawn with a new special one -- the Boss music. The current dynamic music works in two ways: There is a non combat track and a combat track, and then each has separate layers. What I'm saying is using one single track instead of the two for the occasion.

So I am asking for new compositions, basically. I used the Void Combat one because it was the easier to use as an example :P

Edited by NightmareT12

4 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

IO'm not sure I understand your response >_>

What I'm saying is: Imagine facing Kela de Thaym, and instead of spawning with the stage BGM you spawn with a new special one -- the Boss music. The dynamic music works two ways: There is a non combat track and a combat track, and then each has separate layers.

So I am asking for new compositions, basically. I used the Void Combat one because it was the easier to use as an example :P

Hey just make your own boss battle music.