Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A deep dive: The Glaive Prime Buffs.

[DE]Rebecca

Just now, Madway7 said:

They plan to map it to the reload key while holding the weapon. Hopefully they can make them faster too.

They still need to fix charge attacks.

Remove the extra swing and make melee attack speed affect the charge rate (without creating charge speed mods).

Just now, Navarchus said:

Thrown melee is getting a boost when timing it correctly similar to Dark Sector, if you throw it in the apex of the charge then it'll receive a significant damage boost.
If it's better than Gunblades in exchange for Gunblades to be more consistent and requiring less skill I won't have a problem with it personally and may give Glaive P another chance, Halikar too if they make it guarantee disarm instead of be chance based.

I only see that timed charge as being used for select enemies, like Heavy Gunners or Bombards. Trying to pull off that charge on a group of 10 enemies one at a time is gonna be just awful. The normal charge needs a damage buff as well.

Could mean that the buffs did little in the way of fixing throwing weapons. Perhaps highlighting just how poor a state throwing weapons are in... Just sayin'

You buffed glaive P, one of the many throwing weapons, and still no ones using them. I think even if you had buffed the base damage from 35->135 status from 10%->50% and kept that force bleed proc. People still would probably not bother using the glaive P, which is the king of throwing weapons. How about the Halikar, Cerata, Regular Glaive, Kestrel and Orvius? Do they get love? Cause they need it badly.

4 minutes ago, Naftal said:

They still need to fix charge attacks.

Remove the extra swing and make melee attack speed affect the charge rate (without creating charge speed mods).

Remapping the key should remove the extra swing. As for attack speed mods affecting it I agree.

It would really help the Sancti Magistar come out of obscurity.

And meanwhile I must be one of the rare players wondering "why are you waiting for a big feature release to change some weapons' stats ?"

It always bother me that devs keep tons of "completed features and changes" from happening just to have a huge bunch of them.

Just now, Skaleek said:

What? I didn't know this, care to elaborate?

Ever tried Sonicor with Blast? It can launch enemies in space pretty much, and if enemies have no surface to stand on game auto kills them after some time.

Same can be done with Kestrel, so I was kinda hyped about that forced knockdown on GlaiveP.

Such kills dont grant any loot or affinity though.

2 minutes ago, Ivan_Rid said:

Ever tried Sonicor with Blast? It can launch enemies in space pretty much, and if enemies have no surface to stand on game auto kills them after some time.

Same can be done with Kestrel, so I was kinda hyped about that forced knockdown on GlaiveP.

Such kills dont grant any loot or affinity though.

Oh, yeah I know about ragdolling, thats not an instant kill though... It CAN despawn them but no xp/loot or any of that good stuff.

39 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

T'was the week before Christmas, and the Tenno surely knew, that an Update was coming... and a buff for a weapon they threw!?

Join me as I walk through the buff that never was for the Glaive Prime.

In the last major Update of 2016, Update 19.5, the notes included these details:

• Buffed base damage from 35 to 45.
  • Increased Proc Chance from 10% to 20%.
  • Added forced knockdown and bleed Status Chance.

They were quickly redacted, and for months Tenno were left wondering 'where are they'!?

In the first major Update of 2017, Update 20, the notes did not include these details:

• Buffed base damage from 35 to 45.
  • Increased Proc Chance from 10% to 20%.
  • Added forced knockdown and bleed Status Chance.

But they should have: these buffs have been live since Update 20: Octavia's Anthem and they are currently live on all platforms!

Maybe you've been loyal enough to your Glaive Prime to know that - maybe you're wondering why they weren't included.

To dive into the history of this seemingly complicated situation, we must first look at Devstream #90:

For months we've been secretly working away on Multi-wielding (this may have a cooler marketing name closer to release, but that's what I'm calling it for now) which we showed off last week in the above Devstream. The work initially started with the Glaive + a single Secondary. In Update 19.5, the Glaive Buffs did not go live because we were saving them for the release of this multi-wielding. In Update 20, the Glaive Buffs did go live because we successfully compartmentalized the longer-than-expected work being done that was cannibalizing all things "Glaive" changes which pushed out the original change without us noticing. The original change was made outside the content window we were monitoring (Post-Glast Gambit up until the minute of release).  

So for now you've had the buffs for the Glaive Prime and may not have known it, and next you'll have the new wielding type which will include another significant review of eligible weapon types!

Are these buffs to all attacks performed by the glaive/glaive p or limited to thrown attacks?

1 hour ago, booty_hunter said:

@[DE]Rebecca Off topic from Glaive but do you also plan on buffing other prime weapons that didnt age well?

I actually asked Scott myself on Twitter earlier that week and he noticed (he actually replied), which seems to be the reason he decided to (finally) buff Sicarus/Glaive. So we have two options:

-Request Prime weapon pass

-Keep asking on Twitter when unvaultings with affected weapons happen :P

Yes though, Prime weapons (Bo, Fang, Orthos and one more I'm forgetting) need some love.

Archived