Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some tips on how to play limbo on defense without pissing people off

Limbo's kit, useful? maybe. Complete? Probably not. But that's not why we are here today. We are here to learn some tips to make squad Limbo great [again] (Kappa).

Just a little sidenote: If you hate a frame that you ran into in pub, just leave. Don't waste everyone's time being ignorant. Thank You <3

1) Don't spam 4, obviously. But from what I strongly suspect is the Mirage+Simulor community, there seems to be an abundance of...what's that word again? Noobs.

2) Use stasis when sh*t hits the fan.  If an ally gets downed, use stasis, revive them, then TURN OFF STASIS, end of story. 

3) Just don't use your 1 it's erratic at best. Seek medical attention immediately if you have thoughts of banish or if you have had symptoms of trolling. Talk to your doctor about viagr-

4) If you get downed, and your allies are reviving you, keep an eye on their health bars, if they get low just detonate, better to be safe than sorry.

5) Try to avoid rift surge at all costs, it's main point is to keep enemies on the edge of your cataclysm in the rift, and since you're not using stasis, there is no applicable use to cutting an enemy off from your team in defense. Unless you like being yelled at.

6) I use as much range and duration as possible, and cataclysmic continuum, it helps prevent the bubble from shrinking to the point where it divides the battlefield up. That being said if your bubble gets to that point collapse it or kill the enemies, don't use stasis.

7) Choose a viable energy color. The rift sometimes feels like visualization of a migraine, so choose dark, more muted colors. it help literally everyone out. Not to mention on kuva missions it will be easier to see out of the cataclysm. My energy color is on the storm palette Column 1 Row 8 it's a dark gray that has green tones, very chic :cool:

8) Be quick with the revives, nothing makes people feel more obligated to not hate you than getting those revives asap. It shows initiative and that healthy, I'm not a d*ck attitude we've all grown to cherish from strangers around us.

9) At this point I couldn't care what you do, the trolls come in at numbers greater than the people who are actually interested in playing better

That is all.

Edited by (XB1)CarpeNoctem365

First off, you'll want to get rid of the megathread tag. That's only for Mods and DE staff.

Second:

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CarpeNoctem365 said:

We are here to learn some tips to make squad Limbo great [again] (Kappa).

1) Don't

FTFY

Spoiler

This is meant to be tongue in cheek.

Some good tips, though it really would be easier to just not bring Limbo to defense. Different warframes have missions they're good for and missions they're not. You could, for example, run a spy mission with Rhino, but his powers aren't well suited to it. While it's true that Limbo's cataclysm can be used to protect a defense objective, his powers overall are not well suited to the mission type.

I don't dislike Limbo, but his rework made him incredibly annoying to play with in some cases. His stasis and rift surge make it more difficult to kill enemies, and in the case of defense missions, killing enemies is what allows you to progress through the mission. Having a single player's choices slow down mission progression naturally causes people to get frustrated.

The problem that I see with Limbo is that his powers, while being good for the user, will have a significant impact on your teammates gameplay.

A giant cataclysm is just a huge hole that void bullets for anyone outside of its area.

If the cataclysm isn't big enough and your teammates are inside, they'll be forced to run/jump outside of said area to shoot at enemies that are further away.

Statis prevents gun-fire as long as the limbo in your team decides to hold the power, there's a rift shatter for maximum capacity, but there's a lot of weapon that don't contribute to it.

As all of limbo's power only work in the rift, you'll often see giant cataclysm ( Max range/Max duration ) on every build, which also affects the duration of other more troublesome powers on which you, as a different player, have absolutely no control on.
I don't personally hate limbo, on his own he is an amazing thing to play. However when you play with teammates it just doesn't feel as right. There's only one objective on many mission so you'll always somehow end up interfering with one of your 3 other teammates one way or another as soon as you use your powers and that is what annoys most people.

Some warframe power rewards you for transfering you power onto another Tenno( +damage, +armor, +defence, +speed ) , Limbo's banish just hinder them, force them to roll 5 meters before re-doing what they expected to do 3 seconds ago.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

this is a great thing for people who need help with playing limbo.

although this thread could be taken way more indepth. limbo's ability use is all about being smart and creative. but this is a great base for that.

>insert pre rework limbo main seal of aproval here.

59 minutes ago, SupremeDutchGamer said:

this is a great thing for people who need help with playing limbo.

although this thread could be taken way more indepth. limbo's ability use is all about being smart and creative. but this is a great base for that.

>insert pre rework limbo main seal of aproval here.

I'll make edits, but these were some rush ideas that i had because of a thread that a press 4 to win player started. Any ideas for expansion? this was more defensively focused 

Another tip: if you're Limbo in the Rift and a Cataclysm is around the pod, spam that Banish to knock down incoming enemies without kicking them into the opposite dimension. Next best alternative to using Stasis, if you want to be considerate to teammates.

35 minutes ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

The problem that I see with Limbo is that his powers, while being good for the user, will have a significant impact on your teammates gameplay.

A giant cataclysm is just a huge hole that void bullets for anyone outside of its area.

If the cataclysm isn't big enough and your teammates are inside, they'll be forced to run/jump outside of said area to shoot at enemies that are further away.

Statis prevents gun-fire as long as the limbo in your team decides to hold the power, there's a rift shatter for maximum capacity, but there's a lot of weapon that don't contribute to it.

As all of limbo's power only work in the rift, you'll often see giant cataclysm ( Max range/Max duration ) on every build, which also affects the duration of other more troublesome powers on which you, as a different player, have absolutely no control on.
I don't personally hate limbo, on his own he is an amazing thing to play. However when you play with teammates it just doesn't feel as right. There's only one objective on many mission so you'll always somehow end up interfering with one of your 3 other teammates one way or another as soon as you use your powers and that is what annoys most people.

Some warframe power rewards you for transfering you power onto another Tenno( +damage, +armor, +defence, +speed ) , Limbo's banish just hinder them, force them to roll 5 meters before re-doing what they expected to do 3 seconds ago.

I said dont use rift surge and turn off stasis....and also not to use banish................. and in defense you do a lot of map exploration? definitely not, and are you really going to saunter past enemies that are shooting the objective? probably not. And you can walk out of the bubble, what is that a bullet jump and roll?

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CarpeNoctem365 said:

I said dont use rift surge and turn off stasis....and also not to use banish................. and in defense you do a lot of map exploration? definitely not, and are you really going to saunter past enemies that are shooting the objective? probably not. And you can walk out of the bubble, what is that a bullet jump and roll?

You asked if we hated limbo for simply existing or for the way it plays in defence.

I only shared my point of view on a larger scale on why Limbo might be less popular with the community.
Limbo's powers have a somewhat terrible impact on your teammates, telling me to not use rift surge and turn off stasis while keeping banish only for myself is just basically telling me to not use limbo at all which is the whole point I was making.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)phantomallyscout said:

What DOES Rift Surge do? I read the desc ingame, but it still doesnt make sense to me. 

It makes it so every enemy in the rift has an aura around them, if their banish timer runs out or if the cataclysm closes on them, it rebanishes them (based on the banish timer) and banishes enemies in a radius around them. if enemies in the rift are killed while they are surged it transfers the rift surge to all nearby enemies not just the ones in the rift. you can also use rift surge on an enemy then just hit banish on them if non rifted enemies are standing there (its like a long winded way to use banish across planes) It's a pretty genius ability because you can keep recasting it, effectively keeping enemies in the rift forever and also spreading the banish (did that make sense lol?)

1 minute ago, (PS4)phantomallyscout said:

What DOES Rift Surge do? I read the desc ingame, but it still doesnt make sense to me. 

It lets you turn Rift-bound enemies into one-use portals that suck in nearby enemies on the outside. So you yourself don't have to exit the Rift to use Banish on groups of enemies.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

You asked if we hated limbo for simply existing or for the way it plays in defence.

I only shared my point of view on a larger scale on why Limbo might be less popular with the community.
Limbo's powers have a somewhat terrible impact on your teammates, telling me to not use rift surge and turn off stasis while keeping banish only for myself is just basically telling me to not use limbo at all which is the whole point I was making.

Just play solo if you don't want to cooperate with other people. the whole point of pubs is that you work together, and working together for limbo in this situation is using abilities as needed. 

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CarpeNoctem365 said:

It makes it so every enemy in the rift has an aura around them, if their banish timer runs out or if the cataclysm closes on them, it rebanishes them (based on the banish timer) and banishes enemies in a radius around them. if enemies in the rift are killed while they are surged it transfers the rift surge to all nearby enemies not just the ones in the rift. you can also use rift surge on an enemy then just hit banish on them if non rifted enemies are standing there (its like a long winded way to use banish across planes) It's a pretty genius ability because you can keep recasting it, effectively keeping enemies in the rift forever and also spreading the banish (did that make sense lol?)

Yeah, thanks! It was just worded funkily. 

Limbo wasn't well thought out. It's always a mistake to give that kind of frame that much power over how other people play and on top of that, it pretty much requires that you play with the frame yourself to understand how its powers work to work better with someone who is playing them. It's not like playing with a frost and while people might complain about gloves in certain missions/tile sets, you can see someone use that power and it doesn't take you long to understand how it works and how to get around it. Run into a limbo for the first time and you don't know a lot about what they are doing/what's going on unless you've played as one before. 

Props to you for trying to educate limbo users how to play together with team. Thumb up. I understand that you must be frustrated because of player's negative reaction but you must know it is for a reason. You have just gave limbo players long list of what not to do and what to be careful about and still cannot see how they can be annoying? 

Yesterday we had limbo in sortie mobile defense. We otherwise had great team of frost, nova and octavia and game would be a breeze. Limbo created large bubble with timestop and all enemies were frozen, we couldn't and needn't to do anything. All our tricks were unnecessary, limbo didn't need us but we certainly as well didn't need him. On the end we moved away and killed enemies in approach (because there was nothing to do on objective) and limbo sat there alone in his large bubble. Sad story for all involved.