Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boltace Telos, They ruined it!!!

(XBOX)GlobePanda40520

It's better than just the Spam 2 win meta. Same thing with Ash's Bladestorm. Spamming slide attack and stealing kills from other players? That`s not fun. Don`t complain about something that was going to get nerfed.

Edited by BrokenBullet

6 minutes ago, BrokenBullet said:

It's better than just the Spam 2 win meta. Same thing with Ash's Bladestorm. Spamming slide attack and stealing kills from other players? That`s not fun. Don`t complain about something that was going to get nerfed.

didnt see other players names on enemies ... just saying :D  

but overall that happens with many frames or even weapons now if they are strong aoe , its called kill starving your team, which is when you prevent them from having active roll in the mission/game by taking out all the enemies 

you should be happy to be able to do something other than slide attack all mission. i think most people would agree repeating one motion over and over for hours isn't really fun. If i'm gonna do that, there's plenty of more "satisfying" repetitive motions if you catch my drift...

11 minutes ago, tarfeef101 said:

you should be happy to be able to do something other than slide attack all mission. i think most people would agree repeating one motion over and over for hours isn't really fun. If i'm gonna do that, there's plenty of more "satisfying" repetitive motions if you catch my drift...

You can't macro the other mysterious motions you're talking about... other than that, i agree.

2 hours ago, O.O_ said:

You can't macro the other mysterious motions you're talking about...

You're just not trying hard enough. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

---

Back on topic, 1: This is old news. You guys over on console had weeks to prepare for this. And 2: It was a very, VERY deserved change. People were tired of being subjected to this eye cancer due to the script-kiddies macroing the spin attack to death:

Spoiler

23BCFAEB046A4E689782E5254A8778404AEFC5A8

...In combination with the weapon dealing infinitely-scaling Bleed procs to everything within a mile's radius preventing others in your squad being able to enjoy the combat, considering most things below level 50 died before one had time to aim.

Edited by Jackviator

They wrecked the weapon horribly, i now suggest tobuse one of the traditional spin2win weapon ingame.

Tonfas were already underused but now the only reliable one got killed.

They could have done many things to fix it but they decided to go with a rework what vacuums enemies close to you (bad idea at high levels) then launches them before you could deal any damage with the next spin attack.

11 hours ago, (Xbox One)GlobePanda40520 said:

Dear Lotus,

What have you done to my Boltace Telos???

You just take away my pleasure to cut enemy at range with some violent spinning attack.

Please guys, tell me what do you think of the new "Fake" Boltage telos.

A Maxim from the Arbiters of Hexis.

13 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

didnt see other players names on enemies ... just saying :D  

but overall that happens with many frames or even weapons now if they are strong aoe , its called kill starving your team, which is when you prevent them from having active roll in the mission/game by taking out all the enemies 

And should be fixed too. Walking Simulator shouldn't be a thing in Warframe.

4 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

And should be fixed too. Walking Simulator shouldn't be a thing in Warframe.

why not? aoe type abilities are present in many games , they have a roll in locking down an area and deal damage accordingly 

think in terms of frame target types, an valkyr is great at taking out big heavy enemies fast , an ember can burn away small targets fast 

so in squad dynamics the ember is saturating the area , singling out the big enemies, valkyr can walk up and take them down

ember also provides accelerant to amp up damage of herself and other players weapons , valkyr can provide melee boost and armor and minor cc to watch the embers back

normally with this type of tactic valkyr will get most damage and ember gets most kills, it balances out if you play tactically

will the valkyr have to put an effort to do the kills, sure, but so will the ember in higher missions, she has to stay mobile or will go down

think in terms of your roll in a squad and not just a shortsighted "not fair/ i want kills or more kills/ killstealler!/ect" isnt really the point of playing in a squad to think about yourself, your supposed to figure out your roll or how you can synergize or even use your powers to tactically help each other

might as well play solo if you focused on getting the most kills and such , as playing with a squad mean "teamwork" and use of tactics in higher game play

Just now, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

why not? aoe type abilities are present in many games , they have a roll in locking down an area and deal damage accordingly

And usually they either have a cooldown, deal overall less damage than single target abilities or come at a high cost. Neither of those applied to old Teltace.

In a tactical enviroment, sure, someone wipes the grunts while someone else kills high profile targets. With Teltace it was "teltace user effortlessly wipes everything, everyone else can move on and do nothing" which stood true for Simulor too (at least now they have to aim and choose if keeping a singularity or not)

Just now, Nazrethim said:

And usually they either have a cooldown, deal overall less damage than single target abilities or come at a high cost. Neither of those applied to old Teltace.

In a tactical enviroment, sure, someone wipes the grunts while someone else kills high profile targets. With Teltace it was "teltace user effortlessly wipes everything, everyone else can move on and do nothing" which stood true for Simulor too (at least now they have to aim and choose if keeping a singularity or not)

the problem is not that it required a cooldown as its overall capability was more suited to helping say a trinity get more aoe capability to help change up her roll , to make her more offensive for example

it just got abused to the point people were using in on AOE frames so the covered both weak enemies and heavys 

creating a solo combo frame that they then would take into a mission in as quad an spam it and the aoe ability creating kill starve 

right now it provides minimal utility, as your just waiting around for it to cooldown when you need it most

lecta , magistar abilities are not cooldown as such , but i do understand that the new thing could be abused, but realistically

the current cooldown is a bit to long, and it honestly isnt really useful as it is

vacuum>repel>cool-down 6?

but more along the lines

vacuum>cool-down 2- 4>repel>cool-down 2-4 [loop back to vacuum] 

which would mean you draw in enemies

hit with melee  to ramp up melee combo 

or hit with spore or a power and then slide to repel  then slide again to hit deal damage , vacuum in and repeat 

be more effective and less "spam" / killsteal 

22 hours ago, (Xbox One)GlobePanda40520 said:

Dear Lotus,

What have you done to my Boltace Telos???

You just take away my pleasure to cut enemy at range with some violent spinning attack.

Please guys, tell me what do you think of the new "Fake" Boltage telos.

A Maxim from the Arbiters of Hexis.

It's Telos Boltace...and Im so happy it got rekt together with Synoid Simulor :D.

On 20.4.2017 at 10:36 PM, shyguyk said:

This is where we should reply...

Git Gud.

Yep. Git gud in the sense of adapt and git a bettah melee.

No git gud changes the fact that the new passive is useless and gimmicky and the long cooldown doesn't help it.

14 hours ago, Traxadel said:

My eye cancer is getting well and I will be cured very soon, it's good they destroyed this OP weapon for good.

5 hours ago, Askell91 said:

It's Telos Boltace...and Im so happy it got rekt together with Synoid Simulor :D.

Cancer begets cancer. Pot calling the Kettle black. 

On 4/20/2017 at 7:57 PM, Jackviator said:

You're just not trying hard enough. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

---

Back on topic, 1: This is old news. You guys over on console had weeks to prepare for this. And 2: It was a very, VERY deserved change. People were tired of being subjected to this eye cancer due to the script-kiddies macroing the spin attack to death:

Reveal hidden contents

23BCFAEB046A4E689782E5254A8778404AEFC5A8

...In combination with the weapon dealing infinitely-scaling Bleed procs to everything within a mile's radius preventing others in your squad being able to enjoy the combat, considering most things below level 50 died before one had time to aim.

... And yet visual transparencies and audio FX could be adjusted, the nerfing/removal of Bleed procs could have happened, the proc on the wave could have been adjusted to something else besides Slash, overall damage on the wave could have been nerfed. But hey, if you want to say the current Telos Boltace mechanic is the deserved change that it needed, then I have to say we haven't even touched that threshold yet.

Vacuum DoT has a pitiable crit range of 1-70+, does not break boxes, DoT does not pop Saryn Spores or is affected by Banshee's Resonance, Corrosive/armor stripping does not increase its DoT. Ragdoll slide attack breaks boxes, has inconsistent hitboxes on Saryn's Spores, ragdolls enemies away from your close quarter contact melee slide to make for consistent melee. 6 second cooldown is a terrible mechanic that breaks the fluidity on the Telos Boltace's CC for both slide mechanics.

Ideally, if the Telos Boltace must change for the better (which I wholeheartedly believe given its current downfalls with the new mechanic), the best route for a change are:

1. The complete removal of the ragdoll slide mechanic. It does nothing but to hamper, frustrate, and displace the user away from their CQC melee slide damage.
  2. Implementing the above slide mechanic's radial damage ("box breaker damage") into the Vacuum, buff the DoT slightly, buff the radial damage slightly (base 100 Impact is underwhelming; not asking for a revert to the overall damage being implemented to the radial which is a base 510).
  3. Remove the cooldown. 6 seconds is too long on a fast paced game, especially for players that primarily only use melee.

And before you say that these suggestions in making the Telos Boltace Vacuum on slide only with no cooldown is "too op," Valkyr's Prolonged Paralysis does the same thing, is a power that is spammable and is relatively energy/shield efficient for its CC. Why should a weapon's nerf to this deplorable state be justified, but a slight buff to its mechanic (that's not a revert) get looked over in disdain?

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

12 hours ago, Askell91 said:

I hope your matches will gonna be filled with rainbow color simulor mirages.

Seriously, you are happy that a good weapon had become a piece of trash? Whats wrong with you?

Would you be happy if you would come home only to see your computer got downgraded to win98 levels because it was unfair you had much better one than your neighboors?

3 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

I hope your matches will gonna be filled with rainbow color simulor mirages.

Seriously, you are happy that a good weapon had become a piece of trash? Whats wrong with you?

Would you be happy if you would come home only to see your computer got downgraded to win98 levels because it was unfair you had much better one than your neighboors?

There is no reasoning with some people. While i can understand the reason of nerfs to these 2 weapons, after testing and taking general gameplay into consideration i must say the nerfs were too harsh and not well executed.

Just now, IceColdHawk said:

There is no reasoning with some people. While i can understand the reason of nerfs to these 2 weapons, after testing and taking general gameplay into consideration i must say the nerfs were too harsh and not well executed.

This is what makes me angry, the possibility that people like him pushed nerfs like this.

The simulor is atleast still usable with mirage but its much harder to complete even the second sortie levels now.

The boltace mechanics work against the weapon. Its like a broken vacuum cleaner. It sucks in enemies and throws them out without damaging in every 6 sec.

The latest overnerf was limbos catabomb what now uses 10% avarage enemy health in the cataclysm and deals damage based on its size. They could flat out remove the damage part of the skill because right now its almost nothing.