Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia’s Anthem: Hotfix 20.2.4

[DE]Danielle

I almost never post, but i would like to join the not a fix crowd on this

Redeemer silence has been a feature sence release without a word of it not being a feature, listing it as a fix instead of a change really just feels like trying to hide that t was nerfed, i would question the ethics of intentionally doing that.

if your going to break an item, make it clear your doing it

The redeemer is loud and its sound is louder than half the assault rifles in the game. You want a ranged melee for stealth? Theres a dozen different glaives that you can choose from all with their own little passives that you can enjoy. This loudness was already on the sarpa upon release, why should the shotgun that sounds louder not alert enemies?

However not fixing the sarpa which only shoots 1 bullet, not 5, sometimes doesnt shoot at all and it's bullets hit so far off the marker that its impossible to hit an enemy thats right in front of you while fixing the fact that the low flying jet (redeemer) can now alert enemies is annoying.

11 minutes ago, zackraa said:

The redeemer is loud and its sound is louder than half the assault rifles in the game. You want a ranged melee for stealth? Theres a dozen different glaives that you can choose from all with their own little passives that you can enjoy. This loudness was already on the sarpa upon release, why should the shotgun that sounds louder not alert enemies?

However not fixing the sarpa which only shoots 1 bullet, not 5, sometimes doesnt shoot at all and it's bullets hit so far off the marker that its impossible to hit an enemy thats right in front of you while fixing the fact that the low flying jet (redeemer) can now alert enemies is annoying.

dont forget bullet dance mod is also broken on the sarpa, still .

HEY! Two free weapon slots just opened up in my invantory!  Thank's D.E. (sadly wasted two blue potatoes but hey!!!  No hard feelings)... really appreciate this nerf.:poop:  what part of "NINJA" esacpes you?  And if the redeemer was stealth for over two years, that wasn't a flaw, it was design.
Whatever... need to make room for my prime weapons anyways.

3 hours ago, Ragingwasabi said:

Shooting a loud gun and not alerting enemies is not a bug? Really?

Let's be sensible here though. Putting silencing mods on our guns doesn't make them silent, they still sound the same. Equipping Silent Battery on any shotgun doesn't make it quite, they're still loud but in game mechanics world they are silenced. The redeemer fell under the same game mechanics rules that it is a silent weapon with a built in silent battery mod. I don't care either way and will have to see how it will affect my redeemer in the near future. It's been my main melee weapon for a long time now. But there is no good logical reason for making this change. Saying that the charge shot sounds loud is like saying my braton sounds loud with hush on.

3 minutes ago, shyguyk said:

I dont get the people complaining about the redeemer fix.

Does the stealth finisher shoot people? No? Then its probably not supposed to be silent.

Si42MnI.png

Well, maybe if a) they didn't call it a "fix" and b) fixed the Sarpa which is a Gunblade that's actually in needs of fixes. 

10 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Fixed the Redeemer not properly alerting enemies when fired.

Really? Man, one of the things I loved about it was that it was silent. "Best melee weapon is a SHOTGUN that's somehow silenced, with blades glued onto the side", fun jabs at 'logic' like that D: It was comical, and neat at the same time. I really liked what I was certain was witty dry humor from the devs in some of the content! 

It made all the sense in the world for it to be silent when thinking about it, seeing as it would be dumb to have a melee weapon be anything but silent, AND you guys even added in a silencer mod for shotguns. Are we going to need a silencer bandaid mod for melee, at this rate, too? That was an absolutely needless 'fix'.

It wasn't like the thing ever dominated the meta before or after you repeatedly nerfed every usable mechanic and bit of damage it had going for it to the ground. Killed the damage. Killed its combo multiplier racking. Mutilated its channeling energy efficiency. Thrown weapons and gunblades need a rework or revival (or just a flat reversal of the past 50-some-odd changes you've made to them) so desperately it's not even funny. 

Nope. Not a chuckle. Or giggle. Not even a titter. 

Still no fix for:

Melee attacks make me go backward for the whole mission if i fall in the water in Urano.

Please fix, i can't do Urano missions now! And that planet is the most bugged just without this bug...

Edited by DARKLION98

11 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Still no fix for:

I am not going to stop until both of these are adressed.

Yes because complaining incessently will get you somewhere. You do relize that coding and debugging isnt exactly the easiest thing in the world. Also if you want less bug's go to console. Most bugs get fixed before they update the console. In a sense the Pc version is a constant state of Beta testing for the consoles if you wanna look at it that way. We get content sooner. Just it's more buggy.