Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia’s Anthem: Hotfix 20.2.4

[DE]Danielle

On 4/20/2017 at 10:11 PM, Kotih said:

I almost never post, but i would like to join the not a fix crowd on this

Redeemer silence has been a feature sence release without a word of it not being a feature, listing it as a fix instead of a change really just feels like trying to hide that t was nerfed, i would question the ethics of intentionally doing that.

if your going to break an item, make it clear your doing it

If I could up-vote this quote multiple times, I would.

7 hours ago, Jediahwhite said:

If I could up-vote this quote multiple times, I would.

It's impossible to upvote this enough. It would break Warframe...more so. Honestly, I wish they'd stop wasting time "fixing" things that make the game enjoyable and focus on something useful *cough* damage scaling *cough*. I quit Warframe and just can't come back because of the scaling issues. And invincible eximus?! They were lame enough as it was! WHAT IDIOT....*stops before rant ensues* 

So I've had some time to collect some thoughts and I'll repost this in a more appropriate place later but, as far as the Redeemer fix is concerned....
Major yikes, this is funny because every single other "Shotgun" now has better changes of being silenced than the Redeemer via Silent Battery. Which means the Redeemer has moved from being completely silent to the most alarming "shotgun" in game. And the from one of the best and most fun stealth weapons to the only 2 melee weapons completely not viable for any stealth purpose. To be clear his slaughters Redeemers, heavier nerf than the Tonkor, and Telos Boltace. Regrets in investing Forma, and Focus lenses.
This is gleaned from a response to a comment on MemeSage's Youtube from a comment from XandyPants. XandyPants Makes some really important points which he also mentioned in his video about the Gas "fix" it's good I really recommend it. Basically some points are made about why it's bad to call this a fix.
(in regard to calling this a fix and bug handling...) I do think having clear communication is absolutely integral, I think there's other issues in addition here that are also very important with nerf and bug fixes. Why was this changed? For the chance you were clever enough to figure you can make an annoying Mastery Test far easier. People can come up with all sorts of appendage reasons to add on to it, but this really is the core reason why. For these tiny moments of the game, the overall use and ability of these weapons has been brutally shot:highfive:.
This is so that you run the stealth Mastery Ranks as intended but now if you happen to bring either of these 2 weapons into a stealth test you almost automatically lose. And not just if you shoot either. There's a bug that forces you to shoot your Sarpa on respawn if you fail instantly alerting enemies and sometimes wall latching can disable your melee leaving it impossible to complete. Even if this alarming was always intended just having either weapon is a near guaranteed loss in the MR Test currently. This causes a lot frustration that's really harmful to the game. So the benefit now is you can't win by using a method that made the Mastery Test extremely simple, but was that actually a huge problem? You can't use stealth abilities so you still needed to use some level of intelligence/effort to win. I did a number of practice runs. Despite this, you still can lose from bugs that aren't the players fault. Why have those been left broken while this was "fixed" in the first place? This didn't ruin the game, it did make it so there was a clever way to win in a small section which, for many players is already frustrating (for a number of reasons. Bugs, stealth is clunky/doesn't feel fun to begin with currently, poor level design, lack of information and player presentation, inappropriate use of visual effects, various opinions on how the player is set up for failure in the MR Test).
In game development whether something turns out as intended isn't all that important, actually. The priority usually is does it work at all, and then is it fun? Changing things to the way the were intended can actually be less fun in many cases and can detract from the value and experience. Often bugs and quirks are left in because people say well this is functional and is still fun. Sometimes bugs and quirks are good features even. Even if it was decided that the Gunblades were an oversimplifying strategy this was a bad way to handle it. They had most likely noticed the bug and left it in long ago, thinking they wouldn't have to fix it because it was kinda fun/didn't really have an overwhelming effect. But like you said it wasn't ever addressed as a known bug, so as far as players were concerned: it was an intentional feature. This is where what you said comes into play and is completely correct. You have to address bugs as known bugs as soon as you know. You don't have to alter them immediately (or at all) but you have to acknowledge them to communicate to players that you may fix them. Otherwise players are being given an unforeseen "no your strategies are wrong, you can't do that" message. (This really bothers me, and is why it's so frustrating. Telling people that their method of playing is wrong. Maybe that's not the "proper way", but it's a game. Let players have fun.) There's also other simple solutions, like just not allowing players to bring a gunblade into the stealth MR Tests. Localized problem, localized solution. Instead this method had repercussions that reach far outside of MR Tests.
TLDR; Please revert Gunblades, DE. They may not have worked exactly as intended but they were fun. Fix MR Tests in an alternate way.

I can't login to my warframe account on my Android device or on my warframe PC since early this morning. Like 7hrs ago. The issue is saying server not responsive. Are some warframe servers down?

Edited by endefo

34 minutes ago, endefo said:

I can't login to my warframe account on my Android device or on my warframe PC since early this morning. Like 7hrs ago. The issue is saying server not responsive. Are some warframe servers down?

Don't know if it's related, but I'm getting a crash when I try to login on my PC. Interestingly enough, it immediately freezes and then crashes when I type the letter "r" in the password field and it's repeatable. No idea what is causing this very odd crash, but since I've been able to login since the last update, I assume it's a server side issue.

Rest in piece, Redeemer. Considering that the only way to silence it is either to use banshee or an augment mod for Loki, it's lost a lot of its viability.

Unless for some reason you want to rush in, kill one person, and then have the entire map on alert. 

On 22/04/2017 at 6:41 AM, BlueTunicLink said:

As im about to head to bed. I started thinking alot and was wondering if DE could make a "gunblade" specific mod that does 100% noise reduction like "hush" "silent battery" and " suppressor" that would be an amazing addition to the game. Now i know something like that would take a while to pull off. I'm not really into gunblades to begin with but it sounds like alot of prople depended on the stealth play with it. And I want to note that I love and Appreciate DE's work and that If they wanted... If they took a week or two to just destroy all the bugs as many as possible. Releasing hotfixes from time to time. I really would not mind it. Even if it interrupted my missions. Thats how much i Appreciate thier work and yeah. People complain and cry and whine. But as long as it repairs the game. Just know that i wont be one of them.

Adding a mod to silence the redeemer would still make this a nerf, as the redeemer was already pretty tight on modslots just to be almost sortie-level. 

On 20/04/2017 at 11:04 PM, -Dasine- said:

zenith buff plz, for a 500 day login, it shoudnt be MR fodder

Yeah, the Zenith needs to be powerful to be worth it. 

DE pls Help me my email has been hacked 

i can't verified email right now because my email has been hacked, can you take care of this i refil more money on this game can you help me.

and you not see mailbox