Tenno Egg-spression Winners

Spoiler

IRL Eggs

Digital Eggs:

Fan Concept of the Week

vakitaki's Hexa The Hornet Queen
4T2cUu7.jpg

See you next week!

I'm really happy with Oberon's rework as part of the #OberonMasterRace.

The only two things that I'm unhappy with are:

A) His Renewal still ending at full health. I like Oberon and his skills, but it's a bit of an inconvenience needing to cast it over and over because instead of an instant heal, it's a HoT. I'm fine with and like it being a HoT, but I would like it to last its full duration no matter what even if you are currently topped-off.

B) His Passive still being linked to animals. I understand that Oberon is the Fairy King in European culture and a Paladin/Druid mix ingame, however, less than the majority of the playerbase uses pets over Sentinels because of Vacuum. Could you make his passive be something that both parties can enjoy, like irradiated enemies having a chance to drop a health orb when killed by Oberon or a healing pulse when killed by him.

Edited by thewhitepanda1205

OK... So let me get this straight:

You guys reworked oberon, but you didn't:

A. Make hallowed ground a radial ability (the most asked-for QoL change by far, by an almost unanimous margin)

and you didn't:

B. allow renewal's buff to stay attached to targets with full health, keeping phoenix renewal firmly planted in the realm of a mostly useless, 'lottery' type mod that will, essentially, only ever trigger when your healing wasn't good enough.

And further, you appear to have:

C. Removed the ability for renewal to affect targets (eventually) at any range, removing the ONLY mechanic renewal posessed that made it REMOTELY compete with trinity?

Thanks. Bang-up job.

The real point to this is defining Oberon's archetype and playstyle. He is nearly universally referred to as a jack-of-all-trades, which can be useful in public matchmaking, however, in constructed team-building or higher level content (kuva flood / sortie), he falls out of favor. 

Oberon's general themes are healer, AOE nuker (low level), status prevention, radiation inflictor. With this update, it seems that the synergies in his kit will be tied to hallowed ground. I really hope that the armor buff from renewal is SIGNIFICANT.

The problem with being tied to his hallowed ground area is that you're unable to jump around and avoid enemy fire. You have to stand your ground, and Oberon is too squishy to do so at the moment. Nidus can do it, due to his 90% damage reduction while linked to an enemy, 780 armor with Steel Fiber, and 40+ regen per second in his area. Compare that to Oberon: 315 armor with steel fiber, minor armor increase in Hallowed Ground, and a heal with a significant cast time (my build heals for 80 health per second, but Oberon's heal stops upon topping off health [hence the significant cast time emphasis]).

If Oberon is being pushed towards standing in his Hallowed Ground, he needs a significant boost to his survivability and tankiness. Right now, he's too squishy. 

Proposals (some or all should be implemented):

* Armor increase from hallowed ground + renewal needs to be **very** high.

* Increase base armor / health

* Renewal should not stop the HoT after topping off Oberon (at least, maybe team-mates too).

* Hallowed Ground's armor increase needs to be increased.

With my 170% strength build, it's a 34% increase in armor while in Hallowed Ground: not good. If you're pushed to stay within the area and expose yourself to enemy fire, the ground should provide a very large armor increase.

Possible proposal combinations example:

Base armor increased to 200, armor upon casting Renewal within Hallowed Ground is 300, Hallowed Ground increases armor by 100% = 1,000 armor with armor buff within ground (very conditional, yet doable). Combine that with either a Renewal animation change to be allowed to cast while moving and/or Renewal HoT continues while max health.

1 hour ago, redeyedtreefrog said:

OK... So let me get this straight:

You guys reworked oberon, but you didn't:

A. Make hallowed ground a radial ability (the most asked-for QoL change by far, by an almost unanimous margin)

and you didn't:

B. allow renewal's buff to stay attached to targets with full health, keeping phoenix renewal firmly planted in the realm of a mostly useless, 'lottery' type mod that will, essentially, only ever trigger when your healing wasn't good enough.

And further, you appear to have:

C. Removed the ability for renewal to affect targets (eventually) at any range, removing the ONLY mechanic renewal posessed that made it REMOTELY compete with trinity?

Thanks. Bang-up job.

This video(4/15/2017) came out before Prime Time (Today 4/20/2017)Reveal and specifically asked for Frontal Cone Hallowed Ground: 

YES i love oberon but he is basically useless at higher levels, but this looks really good. THANK YOU DE! I NEVER GAVE UP HOPE!!

oh side note, is there a way for the butterfly wing cape to open when titainia transforms? like it stays open till she changes back?

I hope that this rework wont effect his abilities in CC.  In there hes a monster up close and is extremely under rated.  All this rework will do to him in CC is force you to use more energy to get the amor buff.  Well forcing you to waste energy on a heal for armor.  That could be need for the team heal at any time.

Edited by (XB1)Warlord Wolfy

Oberon rework:

Smite - A nuke with flat + percentile damage. Finally!
Neat :3

Hallowed Ground - Vaguely puzzled that it's not a circle, but at least a cone gives you more wiggle room in your positioning when trying to cover an area to give yourself some room to maneuver (since facetanking requires a few very specific criteria, which Oberon doesn't fill).

Nice that its gaining flat armor - may actually make it useful for frames without an already high armor.
My instinctive reaction is to dislike that it depends on Renewal, but it does make sense (you need the armor on HG because you're limited in your mobility because of HG).
Also nice that the armor sticks around after renewal shuts off, since renewal shouldn't shut off. But I'll get to that.

Renewal - Why is giving it M Prime/Polarize-like (is the initial radius affected by range?) spread an improvement? Renewal is looked at as a poor heal (certainly by myself, but I'm fairly sure this is a common complaint) because it's
A) entirely reactive. It can't be used preemptively, as it shuts down upon reaching full health - in a game where, past mid levels, you die from spike damage rather than slow attrition (and the fact that, in 'serious' content, every single bullet from any enemy can be enough to OHKO you, well...), and
B) it has a start-up delay. Not only do you have the cast animation (which all abilities do), it has travel time. And I believe that the current projectiles (which are already deemed too slow to be useful) travel faster than 5m/s. And this in a game where, past mid levels, you die from spike damage rather than slow attrition (and the fact that, in 'serious' content, every single bullet from any enemy can be enough to OHKO you, well...).

Furthermore, the ability still assumes - and the interaction with Renewal reinforces - that all of your team's within ~20m of each other, an assumption that, outside of 'sewer-camp' style survivals/excavation (which DE've been actively discouraging for a couple years now), falls fairly flat imo as ever more enemies gain CC/damage suppression abilities, large AoE damage and/or area denial 'ground is lava' patches fairly force players to either max bunker with some physical blockade (Globe, E Shield, Fracture) or disperse.

Still, draining energy only once it starts applying is nice.

It's already one of the worst healing abilities due to its usability constraints.
Either shorten the startup time (i.e. remove travel altogether) or allow it to be used proactively, precast, instead of shutting down when target's at 100% health.
All you lose is the one-off status removal (which, honestly? between travel time and HoT time vs. status duration - never actually does anything), and energy for upkeep - which you can choose not to, by simply toggling it off.

Reckoning - Looks nice.
Not much to say here, it's already his best ability.

Passive - It's an improvement.
Situational, sure, but nice where applicable, and at least it doesn't directly slow you down/set you up to be blind-sided by traitorous wildlife.
Guess we'll have to see how hard the mere fact of its existence will hit the 2 cats.

tl;dr -
* Oberon shines vs. Grineer, Infested, Nullifiers.
* Between his abilities having a low base range, and Rad not increasing agro, build for range, duration, eff, str - in that order.
Oberon gains a bit more staying power as a 'leveling' frame, going from early-to-mid-game into early late-game.
Which is a niche, certainly.

Still don't see him as worth a spot in a precon group on anything past level ~45 though, as he's not AoE enough to be the dedicated nuke so unless either the flat armor boost from HG is so huge to counter the lack of Globe, or the healing sufficient to outweigh taking a Trin spot... *shrug*

Edited by Chroia
typo

Great stream.

Dragkoon was my most used weapon until I go Synoid Simulor. That shotgun and Rhino helped me clear about 88% of the starchart. I just wish the archweapon Corvas (also a shotgun) had the same visual projectiles, since it has the same mechanic and it is shooting is space (easier to see what we are hiting instead of just one bullet flying thru the vast emptiness).

About Oberon: the flying projectiles look nice. The hollow ground radiation is a nice adition, but since Loki has a similar aug and Nyx has Chaos seems a bit redundant... BUT, if we could somehow choose what effect we wanted (like Vauban orbs or Ivara arrows) he might become as powerful as Zenistar (login reward weapon). Also, his passive should give full Immunity to all companions, since Sentinels already can get 3 revives and 10s immunity from Prime Regen.

Please rework Hydroid next... Undertow specially.

Still waiting for Mag and Ember deluxe skins... :/

Edited by (PS4)leonidasx666

57 minutes ago, (PS4)leonidasx666 said:

Great stream.

Dragkoon was my most used weapon until I go Synoid Simulor. That shotgun and Rhino helped me clear about 88% of the starchart. I just wish the archweapon Corvas (also a shotgun) had the same visual projectiles, since it has the same mechanic and it is shooting is space (easier to see what we are hiting instead of just one bullet flying thru the vast emptiness).

About Oberon: the flying projectiles look nice. The hollow ground radiation is a nice adition, but since Loki has a similar aug and Nyx has Chaos seems a bit redundant... BUT, if we could somehow choose what effect we wanted (like Vauban orbs or Valkyr arrows) he might become as powerful as Zenistar (login reward weapon).

Please rework Hydroid next... Undertow specially.

Still waiting for Mag and Ember deluxe skins... :/

I think you Meant Ivara Arrows*

I concur, with being able to select the Status effect or change the Hallowed Ground application.

(Blast for consistent Knockdown as a choice could be nice)*