Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Volt Mains kicking around?

Loviam

2 minutes ago, VentumMittens said:

I wouldn't say I "main" Volt, but he is my favorite yes. Roughly 280 hours on Volt Prime. 

Well in warframe favorite pretty much equals main, as a large part of the game is using multiple different frames.

I have 3 Volt Primes, all forma'd out for my different builds because I actually couldn't fit them all on one. One is my "general" use which is just positive stats. Speed with the arcane storm helm to get 309% Power Strength. Lastly, I have a CC Volt. 

Generally I prefer the general one to the others because I can buff and support my team well enough, with Speed being for memes, and CC being for whenever I feel like locking everybody down/giving overshields. 

6 minutes ago, Elvangreen said:

i have a question, how many here use the "Speed / melee / bezerker Volt", and how many build for CC, and how many for shield and gunplay?..

Personally i build for efficiency, CC, and electric shield... Sniper style usually.

I have a general build that's for everything, and I have a CC build for certain situation.  I don't really do Speed Volt that much though I do have a speed build. I really do use all of his abilities regularly.  Shock for quick cc and when I'm reloading my gun.  Shield for cover especially when I see Heavy Gunner and Bombards and for increasing damage output of my weapons.  Speed with Shocking Speed for crowd control or if I'm in the mood to melee.  Discharge with Capacitance for crowd control and overshield.  I mainly use my general build so I can use all of his abilities and fill in whatever hole a random squad has.

I go for Tank volt, so Zenurik School, Primed flow, Rage, Quick thinking and Vitality with Medi-ray on my Sentinel, Tie this with Both Shocking speed and Capacitence.
On 205% range, 155% duration and 100% Efficiency and though my power strenghth is at a low of 40% that gives me just enough of a speed boost for me to do as i please and enough CC to throw a stick at

My build uses zenurik, QT, redirection/vitality, handspring and capacitance, and has a result of:

100% power strength

105% power duration

175% power efficiency

145% power range

850 energy pool

This allows me to use the current shield with its absurd multiple drain values. (fix that and make shield affected by range and volt is done)

Edited by Elvangreen

not quite a Volt Main, but I've used him a fair bit, and vanilla Volt was my starting frame, so I know his kit.

personally I run a full Efficiency build with Capacitance. my Discharge Ult costs 25 energy and can lock down an entire room, and also give me massive overshields. I also use Shields for setting up a little sniping spot and pick off targets from behind my barrier. it's pretty fun watching Denial Bursas spam rockets my way to no avail. I don't bother running with the shield though, IMO it should be wider, so that you can't be flanked quite as easily (and squadmates can form up behind me Riot-police style as we head into rooms, quite fun to do sometimes!)

8 hours ago, Loviam said:

Hey all just checking in to see if any other Volt mains are up for some discussion about tactics modding and such

Since the beginning.  Right now I am running a range and duration build with some efficiency and a negative hit to power strength.

With the Capacitance Augment Mod.

It's basically an AoE map lockdown build for high armor targets that stay stunned longer because they mitigate damage.

It supports his true role as an augment to gunplay and utility.

Speed only gives a modest performance boost, which squads like because it doesn't alter playstyle.

Pointers?

You don't need to rank up Capacitance.  It will cap out over shields soon enough.

I wish Riot Shield was viable...

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

yo!

almost 40% usage (counting both volts) over 2000 hours of ingame mission time. B)

nowadays i mostly use a hybrid strength / duration build with shocking speed for funsies or a pure duration / cc build for defensive missions, in special cases including arcane pulse helmet. personally i don't mind tankiness too much, because i enjoy having to stay mobile to survive and shields usually do the trick, so one mod suffices imo (doesn't really matter too much if redirection/vitality or primed vigor, should you have it). [edit: due to the prime version's extremly high energy pool quick thinking is also viable, but i just hate the staggering.] just like most people i'd recommend zenurik energy regen for more / less constant availabilty of at least your bnb skills (shock and shields). i play him almost always in conjuction with a riven powered (not really neccessary) amprex because those two are a match made in heaven, thematically as well as in terms of effectiveness (shield crit boost). for said crit boost i also always have an arcane avenger set on my syandana.

volt has loads of build potential, versatility is maybe his biggest strength, just try what works for you! :)

despite some QOL flaws since the rework he is 101% "endgame" viable, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. ;) there is nothing this frame can't solo quite solidly!

oh almost forgot: in terms of fashion frame the graxx skin is totally worth it. ;)

Edited by Kotsender_Quasimir

While I don't Main anything, as I'm a long time alt-aholic, and while Volt won't show very high in my time played he is a frame that I love and he has a solid hold on his very own Loadout slot. (Now you really gotta understand just how much I swap around frames and how badly I want more loadout slots. I could use more than one per frame, so this is a big deal imo, haha!!)

let's see... on my profile he's in my "2%" group, which might not seem very high, but I have:
1 34%
1  8%
1  7%
2  6%
1  4%
6  2%

And while I don't think those numbers really mean very much that does put him in the top 12 for that and since I am capped out with 17 loadout slots (wow that really seems like a lot less =p) he's got a very solid hold on his slot (and really I'd rank him in my "Top 10").

And those slots are taken by frames that I either love or really like that fill a niche.

Volt falls into the Frames I love category.

Probably one thing that seems him get played less is that I already know he's fun so time spent on finding fun builds for frames I'm not a fan of, or getting better with ones I think I could improve on sees he sitting there content, heh.

When my friends played more we'd do some Void Defense or Survival runs and almost always one of us would play Volt. Because of that, my numbers on him would have been a good bit higher but when one of them came on he picked Volt as his starter and then went to Volt Prime and that was his main for several months. 

I do think he could use a bit more love from DE but for the most part I still find him very fun and fairly effective.

Volt is my all purpose frame that I run when I don't need something specific or is a high level mission that he isn't the best in but otherwise yes I main him. I don't know what my play time for him is but for the longest time Volt was listed as my most used frame and only recently Volt Prime took his place.