Nazrethim

[Suggestion] Teshin's Sparring match

9 posts in this topic

Well the idea is pretty simple. You go to Teshin and you get a daily/weekly quest for a sparring match with him.

The match is melee only with your currently equiped melee weapon, before the match starts you must select the Stance you want to fight it with, including both pve and pvp stances (or alternatively use the stance you have equiped on your pve loadout and make Conclave Stances usable in PvE loadouts). You also have a fixed amount of health, shield and armor regardless of frame (think like Lunaro) and no powers.

Teshin's fighting style would be a more advanced, powerful and trickier version of what we see in TWW.

If you beat Teshin, you get 5x Dax Specters (essentially, those specters you chase at the begining of TWW) and (if you are Rank 1) 500 Conclave standing (Standing gains disabled after you move to Conclave Rank 2)

I'd love it, especially if they make him stronger than he was in TWW, I done him in in a single stroke then :( .

1 hour ago, VisionAndVoice said:

I'd love it, especially if they make him stronger than he was in TWW, I done him in in a single stroke then :( .

Well, that's the idea. Justified as in TWW he was restraining himself instead of going all out, whereas in this sparring match, taking place within the safety of the Conclave, he goes all out on us.

Also as a way to get those kickarse melee specters, the only melee specter we have is the Charger and it's.. not very good at it, but Teshin's purple specter could be very powerful.

Edited by Nazrethim

4 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

the only melee specter we have is the Charger

Rollers too, technically. And Ancients. Though I can't say that I use them for damage, rather just to tie enemies up. Not that I would mind a hard-hitting melee specter.

3 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

Rollers too, technically. And Ancients. Though I can't say that I use them for damage, rather just to tie enemies up. Not that I would mind a hard-hitting melee specter.

Okay, the only "Combat" melee specter. Roller is mostly a nuisanse you can summon as a short-lived distraction while you run away. And Ancients are just support units (that love wandering around instead of supporting you)

The weapon used to fight him should be a practice sword, like a Warframe version of a Bokken, instead of the player's equipped weapon. Players will cheese the fight with Zenistar or something, if given the chance.

Nice idea. I always wanted Teshin involvement in PvE outside of quests.

Yessssss. After TWW, I have always felt the Teshin fight was great fun yet restrained, and have had this want to re-match our conclave master fairly.

Perhaps some rotating sparring environments-of-the-week -- like one rotation would be Snow (like from the Snowball event, set on the TWW mountain), another under Rainy lightning storm (like on Ceres); a Void tower room with lasers and ice traps; an Earth location amidst a cascade of waterfalls and streams; a Grineer shipyard with its fire hazards...

7 hours ago, EmptyDevil said:

The weapon used to fight him should be a practice sword, like a Warframe version of a Bokken, instead of the player's equipped weapon. Players will cheese the fight with Zenistar or something, if given the chance.

Not really, just use the weapon with Conclave stats and make Teshin actively avoid the disc (and dodge glaives too). He's a master after all.

4 hours ago, RunningTree3 said:

Yessssss. After TWW, I have always felt the Teshin fight was great fun yet restrained, and have had this want to re-match our conclave master fairly.

Perhaps some rotating sparring environments-of-the-week -- like one rotation would be Snow (like from the Snowball event, set on the TWW mountain), another under Rainy lightning storm (like on Ceres); a Void tower room with lasers and ice traps; an Earth location amidst a cascade of waterfalls and streams; a Grineer shipyard with its fire hazards...

I like the way you think! And if DE tweaks his AI to avoid enviroment dangers even better.