The Remote Observer: Vol 3

[DE]Taylor

X0FDRFI.jpg

Another week has gone by full of hotfixes and updates, which means it's time for another volume of The Remote Observer! This is your weekly round-up of what happened in-game, to highlight the "oh wow I didn't notice that" changes that our Dev team works so hard on.

Read all about it here and let us know if there was something you really liked in this week's releases.

Spoiler

inb4 Nyx Assimilation changes

===========

Is there something that doesn't seem to work the way its intended? Let us know below and include links to your own threads if you got 'em. We are also always looking for potential QOL changes from UI upgrades to mechanic tweaks. Be sure to share them in a comment - even if it's a question about intent!

Spoiler

I'm re-using the header made by @[DE]Aidan since he is currently writing his final exams. Wish him luck! We're excited to have him back in-office in May! :community:

oh.

Well, Limbo's cataclysm should have been changed to where it started small and grew over time before exploding.

and I'd like to be able to banish in the rift.

Also the proposed Oberon changes don't look too exciting. Proposed changes pulled from another post:

With the exception of Smite, these proposed changes still suck.

Hallowed Ground should follow you in a circle.

Renewal should be either scrapped for a defensive buff like the sentinels have (resistance to damage types as you take damage from that type) or allow healing passed max health.

Reckoning should be scrapped into something more engaging. Avalanche works on frost. WoF works on Ember. We don't need another press-4-and-sit warframe. It's boring. I still say he needs a hammer/mace and shield exalted weapon. He's the only other frame who I think should get one.

Edited by JSharpie

23 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

We are also always looking for potential QOL changes from UI upgrades to mechanic tweaks.

Here is a nice UI change that would greatly enhance QoL when making songs

Here's a problem with Panthera

Here is a nice huge compliation of problems people agree upon with Equinox's Duality augment (from over a year ago)

Enjoy.

37 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

looking for potential QOL changes

Getting so very sick of seeing the popup after EVERY MISSION.  As soon as this change was implemented I requested it be once per login. 3 months later, still annoyed 10 times a day.  Hey game, I'll take the test when I'm good and ready THANKS.

Still need/want/pray for Panthera Alt-fire to be a switch rather than hold to fire.  My mouse wheel will thank you.  Or you can buy me a new gaming mouse, that'd be cool too, PM me for my shipping address! :D

Edited by Xekrin

2 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

This is your weekly round-up of what happened in-game, to highlight the "oh wow I didn't notice that" changes that our Dev team works so hard on.

Instead of or even alongside a weekly recap, it would be great if we got info on possible future changes.  Not major spoiler new content, but the little things that people post about constantly on forums that DE is aware of.  

Whether it takes a week or a month or 3 to implement it would be nice to know which feedback threads DE is aware of and possibly considering for the future, short term or long term.

For example, I've seen multiple threads on requesting focus be added into the arsenal so we have faster and direct access to switching focus schools per warframe.

Or how about letting us know progress on adding more weapons to the list of weapons displaying secondary (alt-fire) stats.  Such as Zenistar.

Or the much desired ability to switch stances during a mission allowing Dark Split Sword to actually live up to its potential.  I mean if yall are hard at work making melee + secondary dual-wielded, it'd be nice to hear this is getting some thought someday.

Edited by Xekrin

Better clan/alliance management!

Would like to see who is contributing to things in the dojo and alliance

Would like to make use of the inbox system so i can notify the whole clan or alliance of new information or announcements

would like permissions to be able to be set for alliance motd

A slight adjustment in some clan permissions would be great. Currently, if a role is given permission to build decorations, they can also build (AND destroy) rooms which can be an issue with planning and basically a pain in the butt when you have to remove said persons room and then explain why. Some of those permissions aren't needed by anyone other than the warlord and their officers really, but allowing your members to build their own deco and stuff makes them feel more at home. If you could switch that up a bit so there is perhaps a "lower level" type architect role that'd be cool.

This could also be addressed more easily with better clan communications options as mentioned in a previous post.