Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any results from the Melee creation Contest?

Bryuf

Question

According to the melee contest thread, the design council chose their winner last Friday, so are they going to publish who won it or keep us in the dark until the weapon is ready for release? (Sorry if I somehow missed an announcement about, couldn't find anything)

5 minutes ago, Bryuf said:

According to the melee contest thread, the design council chose their winner last Friday, so are they going to publish who won it or keep us in the dark until the weapon is ready for release? (Sorry if I somehow missed an announcement about, couldn't find anything)

Perhaps they will announce on Thurdsay's Devstream.

9 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

You're not supposed to make threads about DC content outside of DC.

Well, it's not like he spoiled anything. That's literally what the thread said.

"The Design Council will then determine the winning Melee weapons by submissions selected by Lucas Hug. Design Council voting will begin on March 31, 2017 at 1:00pm ET and run for one week."

1 minute ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

"The Design Council will then determine the winning Melee weapons by submissions selected by Lucas Hug. Design Council voting will begin on March 31, 2017 at 1:00pm ET and run for one week."

Yeah, if it hadn't said that how would I even know that it should be decided then... Because if I were in the DC, I would already know the winning design and wouldn't have to ask :P

1 minute ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Idk, i get nitpicked a lot for dumb forum rules. 

For starters, I guess this would be general discussion since I'm looking for information about the results of the contest,

but I can't make a thread or add a post to the contest thread in that forum. If I'm wrong, then by all means, move this thread.

Now that that is out of the way,

Does anybody have any information on the results of the contest?

It's been weeks since they were supposed to have done the voting, and I haven't found anything anywhere about who was picked or when the first tidbits of the finalized designs will be shown.

It's driving me crazy.

My question is exactly what is says in the title, I was just wondering, because that week of deliberation is WAY past, yet no news has come up. I was just curious what design would be going into the game in the future, there were truly some excellent design, wish they could all make it in :sadcry::inlove:

6 minutes ago, (PS4)ultimo244 said:

Only one person won, wow

Yeah for this, it's usually just a tiny selective. I think there are more winners, but I'll need to double check.

edit: just saw the post above me now after I left my reply lol:

4 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

They only announced the first place winner. There were 3 winners and the other 2 will come at a later date. 

But anyways, in the past they have done waves of winners before (i.e. the Scindo, Vectis, etc, skin packs) but keep in mind this was pre-Tennogen, so having a huge handful of winners nowadays has more-or-less lost it's flare and magic a tad.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

16 minutes ago, HalfDarkShadow said:

Yeah for this, it's usually just a tiny selective. I think there are more winners, but I'll need to double check.

edit: just saw the post above me now after I left my reply lol:

But anyways, in the past they have done waves of winners before (i.e. the Scindo, Vectis, etc, skin packs) but keep in mind this was pre-Tennogen, so having a huge handful of winners nowadays has more-or-less lost it's flare and magic a tad.

True, but this one was done differently then the others. This one was a top 3 contest where as the others were more like, what ever is good enough wins. 

On 4/21/2017 at 7:13 PM, Miser_able said:

It was announced in a recent dev stream Iirc. I believe  the winner was a plasma kusarigama

I just went through every page of the contest.
There are 5 different kusarigama, and none of them have over 6 votes.
~~
LinLaoBuFlyLikeAG6

Has 6 votes.
~~
(PS4)Atma95

Has 4 votes.
~~
(Xbox One)Mr Collus

has 4 votes.
~~
(PS4)WeeklyCash1669

Has 1 vote.
~~
TheHoodedTeddy

Has 4 votes.
~~
If one of them are the winners, then DE is choosing by their favorites,
instead of choosing by the player base votes.

~~
My entry, has 19 votes, which is just as many votes as all of them combined.
A friend of mine's entry has like, 40+ votes.
~~

14 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

I just went through every page of the contest.
There are 5 different kusarigama, and none of them have over 6 votes.
~~
LinLaoBuFlyLikeAG6

Has 6 votes.
~~
(PS4)Atma95

Has 4 votes.
~~
(Xbox One)Mr Collus

has 4 votes.
~~
(PS4)WeeklyCash1669

Has 1 vote.
~~
TheHoodedTeddy

Has 4 votes.
~~
If one of them are the winners, then DE is choosing by their favorites,
instead of choosing by the player base votes.

~~
My entry, has 19 votes, which is just as many votes as all of them combined.
A friend of mine's entry has like, 40+ votes.
~~

Thread upvotes had nothing to do with who won. The contest directions clearly state that one of DE's senior artists picked a handful of entires and then the design council voted on those.

Edited by (PS4)Buccos21
typo

2 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

Salty Much?

Salty?
I care more about logic and functionality then coolness.
The only way I can see this weapon being lore worthy/real,
is if it's created by Tyl Regor for his Manic Assassins to use.
Perhaps give them the ability to hang from the ceiling,
and try to hang you with the chain when you stand under them.

"SilverBones' Grineer Plasma Kusurigama" won the melee design contest.

Was announced on Prime Time #160: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/786330-thanks-for-watching-prime-time-160/ (Images of the winning design can be seen by clicking on the link).

Sounds like this weapon might come a bit faster as they are using existing grip types, animations, stances etc. They need time to model it, give it stats and release.

3 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

i believe winners have been announced 

and should then be worked on and put into the game in sequence of rank -1/2/3/4/ ect

give it a month to make the new weapons, code the mechanics, then test them , then they should be rolled out 

I believe DE only confirmed that they are making the winner's weapon right now. Though they do say "all submissions become property of Digital Extremes" so we might see them in the future.