Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth kills with multishot pistols

cromignon

I've got a Lex P that, for the most part, does pretty well for one-shot kills. Thing is, "one shot" means "two to three bullets" because of Lethal Torrent and Barrel Diffusion. Because the first bullet doesn't kill, it doesn't count as a stealth kill when one of the other two bullets (that hit mere femtoseconds later) deal the fatal damage point. Is there a way to increase the amount of time from when a non-fatal hit drives an enemy from "Unalerted" to "Alerted" to account for this? Or would that unbalance the carefully-placed mine net of grinding and farming checks and safeguards?

Actually your hitscan projectiles from lex prime all hit the enemy at exactly the same time and they still mess up the multiplier, which isnt just stupid, but also a huge nerf to farming affinity with stealth.

It used to be that all multishot weapons like shotguns could score stealth multiplier kills, but not anymore (no idea if this change was on purpose or not, but it took away from the game).

Edited by CrudShuzKong

Come to think of it, one-shot kills with melee weapons that aren't "Press E to stealth" kills don't seem to count either. Like, a SeLecta with a very long reach, in one swipe, could take out three baddies at once. But not a one of them count as a stealth kill.

Edited by cromignon

18 minutes ago, cromignon said:

Come to think of it, one-shot kills with melee weapons that aren't "Press E to stealth" kills don't seem to count either. Like, a SeLecta with a very long reach, in one swipe, could take out three baddies at once. But not a one of them count as a stealth kill.

I would bet with you that ONE of them is in fact a stealth kill, but the rest of the group immediatly gets put into alarmed state and negates the stealth multiplier on them erasing it from the screeen before you can even see it...

11 minutes ago, SupremeDutchGamer said:

weird... i use a silenced lex myself and i never noticed that.... maybe it has to do with the noise level. cuz kills with my build DO count as unalerted.

I noticed it on silenced weapons too as well as the redeemer (pre nerf). Note that im saying silenced weapons, not silent weapons, those seem fine for the most part.

Edited by CrudShuzKong

Im pretty sure its like that for all weapons that have any kind of multishot.Unless your first bullet kills them without counting the multishot bullet you dont get a stealth kill.Im not certain but it might be intentional to stop players from gaining a lot of affinity through stealth kills.I can still do it but it takes a lot of practice and some luck.Mainly just try and aim for a headshot always and ignore heavy units that you dont have the correct elemental combo for,or just shoot them once in the body and kill other enemies while their alerted state goes away

On 22.4.2017 at 5:06 PM, cromignon said:

Likely reason: When your melee impacts a wall, it creates a noise. Enemies hear that a split second before they get killed and you don't get a stealth kill as a result.

@OP Reported this as a bug quite a while ago, but guess it'll take a while till they get to it... assuming they even know yet.

On 4/22/2017 at 8:00 AM, CrudShuzKong said:

Actually your hitscan projectiles from lex prime all hit the enemy at exactly the same time and they still mess up the multiplier, which isnt just stupid, but also a huge nerf to farming affinity with stealth.

It used to be that all multishot weapons like shotguns could score stealth multiplier kills, but not anymore (no idea if this change was on purpose or not, but it took away from the game).

^ +1

I believe that was tied to players (Myself) using Deception as an I finite Stealth Affinity farm to hit focus caps.

On a side note, it is very frustrating to be able to get 10 Stealth Kill mission objective, yet never get Stealth Kill Affinity combo (Non Cameras)