Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

OP weapons

(PSN)drahkel

Question

24 answers to this question

Be a nice player and use the Tigris Prime. My personal favourite weapon. 

Also, if you're looking for cheese, stop asking, because cheese weapons like the S-Simulor (which is still as powerful as before, mind you) are bad for the game.

Edited by PrVonTuckIII

Try the amprex, this is a really powerful bean that can kill many enemies at the time. To make it "op" you need to invest 6+ formas and get a rifle ammo mutation. You want to mod this weapon to crit and add one combine status proc; corrosive or magnetic. it is easy since the weapon come with electric dmg so you just need to combine with toxic for corrosive or with cold for magnetic.

7 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Most weapons if modded right can take out high level enemies. If you want a weapon that will essentially play the game for you, you're S#&$ outta luck.

Not looking a weapon to play the game for looking for a gun that wont take a million shots to kill something as low as level 40

Synoid Simulor is still a beast, you just need to switch from a crit to a raw damage / status build.

Ignis (Wraith) is a nice "AoE spam" type of weapon,
similar deal for Amprex though you'll want a little more trigger discipline,
pretty much any Shotgun wrecks stuff up close (Kohm FTW),
Secura Penta is still fun / powerful after the Tether Grenades nerf,
e.g. Akstiletto Prime / Lex Prime / Staticor are Secondaries I can heartily recommend.

Just now, (PS4)drahkel said:

looking for a gun that wont take a million shots to kill something as low as level 40

That sounds like a modding problem on your end, TBH.

Edited by NinjaZeku

11 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Synoid Simulor is still a beast, you just need to switch from a crit to a raw damage / status build.

Ignis (Wraith) is a nice "AoE spam" type of weapon,
similar deal for Amprex though you'll want a little more trigger discipline,
pretty much any Shotgun wrecks stuff up close (Kohm FTW),
Secura Penta is still fun / powerful after the Tether Grenades nerf,
e.g. Akstiletto Prime / Lex Prime / Staticor are Secondaries I can heartily recommend.

That sounds like a modding problem on your end, TBH.

Not really, i've experimented with a lot of different weapons and simulor is the one that really worked for me

7 minutes ago, (PS4)drahkel said:

Not really, i've experimented with a lot of different weapons and simulor is the one that really worked for me

I use synoid simulor more now than I did when it was "OP" and do so in sorties and long survivals.  If you cannot kill level 40 enemies with it... well, sorry for you I guess.

Do you have an orokin catalyst installed? That kinda helps out quite a lot.

Those who think Simulor wasn't a nerf were most likely not using a fire macro and shooting it fast enough in the first place.

It's considerably slower.

@OP what do you mean by high level? It would depend on the level range. If you're just doing Sorties then Torrid with a Riven is good or hell. just use Ignis on a damage frame, I take Ignis through Sorties all the time.

I ask cuz SImulor wasn't very good for lvl 300+ anyways, esp against armored enemies. Still isn't.

5 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

I use synoid simulor more now than I did when it was "OP" and do so in sorties and long survivals.  If you cannot kill level 40 enemies with it... well, sorry for you I guess.

Do you have an orokin catalyst installed? That kinda helps out quite a lot.

I didn't say it can't kill level 40's it just sucks in general now and refuse to use it. Yes i have a one on it

Edited by (PS4)drahkel
dfbbdb

Just now, Xzorn said:

Those who think Simulor wasn't a nerf were most likely not using a fire macro and shooting it fast enough in the first place.

It's considerably slower.

@OP what do you mean by high level? It would depend on the level range. If you're just doing Sorties then Torrid with a Riven is good or hell. just use Ignis on a damage frame, I take Ignis through Sorties all the time.

I ask cuz SImulor wasn't very good for lvl 300+ anyways, esp against armored enemies. Still isn't.

I'm just looking for something that ca take on high level enemies easily without having to spend 10 minutes trying to kill 1 enemy

27 minutes ago, (PS4)drahkel said:

I'm just looking for something that ca take on high level enemies easily without having to spend 10 minutes trying to kill 1 enemy

52 minutes ago, (PS4)drahkel said:

Not looking a weapon to play the game for looking for a gun that wont take a million shots to kill something as low as level 40

Like, every weapon in the game excluding the MK-1s with good mods and a good build?

1 hour ago, (PS4)drahkel said:

Tigris with 100% status chance.

Edited by (PS4)iBoiz

34 minutes ago, (PS4)drahkel said:

Against everything under lvl 80 I just use Ignis exclusively. lvl 60-80 I'll just put it on a damage buff frame like Rhino, Mirage, Crhoma, ect.

My favorite endurance run weapons for lvl 300+ are Torrid, Kohm(Riven), Tigris Prime, Pox, Zarr, Akstiletto Prime.

Mostly weapons that melt armor well and have an AoE / Punch-Through component.

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

Most assault rifles need 7 or 8 polarized slots to reach full potential.  If you don't have the resources to invest in a rifle, just use a shotgun from the Hek or Tigris families.

I have over 200 formas and a bunch of catalysts and S#&$ so i don't have to worry about that. So i'm going to get ignis and the tigris but i hate shotguns so we'll see

2 hours ago, (PS4)drahkel said:

It would help greatly if you did not over exaggerate when describing your wishes.  There are no enemies in the game that take 10 minutes to kill, not even bosses, not even sortie level bosses.  I watch people on twitch killing level 1000's in a few seconds.

If you want something that you can equip on mirage, hit 1 and 3 then run through levels spamming primary fire without regard to aiming on conscious thought then no, I'm really hoping there are no weapons left like that.  The entire intent behind the simulor change was to reduce that type of gameplay.

Say what you mean.

As for weapons that can take down high levels with ease?  There are multiple weapons that can achieve easily.  Far more so depending on what frame you pair it with.  As previously mentioned, I use Synoid Simulor to this day and it STILL slices through hordes like butter, all they changed was requiring forethought and tapping the alt-fire key to explode the orbs after allowing a few to combine first.

Ignis on Ember is amazing, Rhino, Mirage, and Octavia buff weapon damage to ridiculous levels.  Banshee allows for tremendous damage with the weakest of weapons.  Saryn can use pretty much any high status weapon regardless of damage to get top kills.

It isn't all about the weapon but how its used with a frame of your choice.  A better question you need to ask yourself is what type of weapon do you enjoy using?

5 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

It would help greatly if you did not over exaggerate when describing your wishes.  There are no enemies in the game that take 10 minutes to kill, not even bosses, not even sortie level bosses.  I watch people on twitch killing level 1000's in a few seconds.

If you want something that you can equip on mirage, hit 1 and 3 then run through levels spamming primary fire without regard to aiming on conscious thought then no, I'm really hoping there are no weapons left like that.  The entire intent behind the simulor change was to reduce that type of gameplay.

Say what you mean.

As for weapons that can take down high levels with ease?  There are multiple weapons that can achieve easily.  Far more so depending on what frame you pair it with.  As previously mentioned, I use Synoid Simulor to this day and it STILL slices through hordes like butter, all they changed was requiring forethought and tapping the alt-fire key to explode the orbs after allowing a few to combine first.

Ignis on Ember is amazing, Rhino, Mirage, and Octavia buff weapon damage to ridiculous levels.  Banshee allows for tremendous damage with the weakest of weapons.  Saryn can use pretty much any high status weapon regardless of damage to get top kills.

It isn't all about the weapon but how its used with a frame of your choice.  A better question you need to ask yourself is what type of weapon do you enjoy using?

I don't use any of the above warframes the only one i use is frost prime.I don't care what weapons i use as long as it kills high level enemies and doesn't have a downside to it. Everyone suggested tigris so i just grabbed sancti tigris and it only has 2 rounds per  magazine and than takes a long time to reload, or the boltor which has that stupid slow shot

Vaykor Hek could be something that fits what you want, but it is still a shotgun. It has an 8 round magazine and it has enough damage to down most things (in the sortie range), but it does need primed mods to shine.

Edited by LazyKnight

1 hour ago, LazyKnight said:

Vaykor Hek could be something that fits what you want, but it is still a shotgun. It has an 8 round magazine and it has enough damage to down most things (in the sortie range), but it does need primed mods to shine.

If it's everything you say than sounds like my type of gun i'll give it a try and see how it is. I am now not minding shot guns so much on warframe but just that 2 round magazine was horrible took so long to reload