Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon building from scratch

(PSN)REDbryan22

It would be awesome to be able to make your own weapon from scratch, like choosing type(sword, dagger, staff,etc) and upgrade it with some sort of new missions or resources, like types of handles, blades, etc or even more freedom, with some sort of sketch generator. I can't be the only one who thinks it would be nice.

Edited by (PS4)REDbryan22

I've had some random thoughts in the past about a system like this that uses Prime Parts, eg stick a Galatine Blade on a Bo Handle and make a really long Polearm, or putting two Scindo Heads on some Kamas Handles and making two really big hatchets, but in the end that system would obviously descend into chaotically crazy weapons. Sounded like a somewhat fun idea though, as does yours.

Wait this has potential. You mean like, a Riven Weapon? or a 'sentient' Melee?

What I picture, is you have a special lab on the orbiter where you can research this kinda of stuff, and maybe to have a limit of 3 riven/sentient weapons or so, as to not load up your arsenal with op crap. Once you have researched different weapon parts, and holster styles, you can choose to craft a weapon? Its base stats might be used on the parts and materials consumed when you forge it. This weapon is unique to the player that built it, and maybe due to some RNG, other players would have a tough time duplicating the stats even if they performed the same build?

When you forge the weapon, maybe you can choose its physical features, but being the first time you forge it, it has a very small 'decoration cap'? Maybe after forging it, you can also give it its own unique name when claimed? I also think it would be cool if you could 'reforge' it every time it hit lvl 30. It could consume another prime part, and enchance, or hurt its stats. (each reforging could cost more and more of a specific resource, for example kuva or endo). Every time you reforge it, its decoration cap could raise, allowing you to slightly change its appearance more (however, the decoration points awarded become less and less each reforging and eventually becomes just 0, so there is a cosmetic cap). This could give you a weapon that is YOURS, and maybe could give insight into the lore of the game on how Tenno crafted the weapons we have today?

Maybe, to make this even cooler, would to make it a Operator Exclusive weapon. So when you enter transference, you have all your basic powers, but can press F to pull out your unique Melee. (these weapons can even give special operator stats, like improved hp and void power max?)

Idk, I see ideas like this and I just get rolling with it. What do you guys think? '-' would this be worthy to expand on in its separate post?

• 1 month later...

I was imagining like you said different styles and parts, but also classes(mastery rank requirements) to use certain pieces. as well as being able to change, scrape or fuse pieces to make different things, maybe even a sort of sketch generator(this being way more difficult, making it less likely).

• 2 months later...

here's my idea for the new forge system after POE

it would be an improvement to be able to dismantle weapons for parts or resources spent to make it for a price(not too expensive but not too cheap to exploit). maybe for normal weapons then primed. 

one dismantling process may give 1 part and some resources. or if formaed weapon , forma , 1 part of the weapon and some resources.

Make the dismantling have random results as you do with all things. 

which in turn will open up a path for forging your own guns. since POE is introducing custom melee weapons

Lets say a stock part has better stability and receiver has more dmg and recoil and and the barrel has more range or spread or what ever.

then a dismantled part from a sniper could have a bonus for zoom or switch to zoom when you aim.

then to combine the projectile weapon could be different from melee weapon.

On 4/23/2017 at 9:40 AM, Makuta_Nazo said:

Wait this has potential. You mean like, a Riven Weapon? or a 'sentient' Melee?

What I picture, is you have a special lab on the orbiter where you can research this kinda of stuff, and maybe to have a limit of 3 riven/sentient weapons or so, as to not load up your arsenal with op crap. Once you have researched different weapon parts, and holster styles, you can choose to craft a weapon? Its base stats might be used on the parts and materials consumed when you forge it. This weapon is unique to the player that built it, and maybe due to some RNG, other players would have a tough time duplicating the stats even if they performed the same build?

When you forge the weapon, maybe you can choose its physical features, but being the first time you forge it, it has a very small 'decoration cap'? Maybe after forging it, you can also give it its own unique name when claimed? I also think it would be cool if you could 'reforge' it every time it hit lvl 30. It could consume another prime part, and enchance, or hurt its stats. (each reforging could cost more and more of a specific resource, for example kuva or endo). Every time you reforge it, its decoration cap could raise, allowing you to slightly change its appearance more (however, the decoration points awarded become less and less each reforging and eventually becomes just 0, so there is a cosmetic cap). This could give you a weapon that is YOURS, and maybe could give insight into the lore of the game on how Tenno crafted the weapons we have today?

Maybe, to make this even cooler, would to make it a Operator Exclusive weapon. So when you enter transference, you have all your basic powers, but can press F to pull out your unique Melee. (these weapons can even give special operator stats, like improved hp and void power max?)

Idk, I see ideas like this and I just get rolling with it. What do you guys think? '-' would this be worthy to expand on in its separate post?

Yea like doing a forma but for more stats in reforging is an interesting idea. cost and condition can increase after how many rounds of reforging. then the added risk of breaking from so many processes done. +7 weapon / chance to break 50% . (lol)

i'd see an interesting idea for the operator to get a weapon alongside his/her transference ablilites. a sniper weapon using transference energy would be awesome.

Dont know if DE can pull this off anytime in the future.