Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Tutorials (optional)

Iccotak

When you receive a new Warframe, in the bottom corner of the arsenal menu you will have a "Tutorial" button.
It takes you to a virtual reality and explains how that Warframe works and walks you through all of of its abilities. 
This does not unlock abilities for you, you still have to level up your Warframe in order to earn the other powers. 

EDIT:
Or just implement the basic introduction videos we have on the official PlayWarframe youtube channel.
The point is to make everything you can learn actually in the game, and not in a second source (Wikia, Youtube, etc.)
Basic tutorials. To give new players a basic understanding of the Warframe. After that they can experiment and learn new stuff as they go.

Edited by Iccotak

7 hours ago, Dwolfknight said:

Why?

6 hours ago, JSharpie said:

Gotta agree with the above. There is tutorials, and then there is handholding. Plus, there a so many ways to use certain abilities, what could a scripted tutorial really teach you?

Or just implement the videos we have on youtube.
The point is to make everything you can learn actually in the game, and not in a second source (Wikia, Youtube, etc.)

1 minute ago, JSharpie said:

One example does not make your point valid.

What ever happened to experimenting to learn what things did in video games?

It was a joke. Since you said NO video game is like that
My point is just giving the player the basics, and from there they can experiment.
Basic tutorials. To give them an introduction. You can experiment all you want after that. 
For example;
ESO gives me a tutorial for the basics of how a class works - and from there I can experiment with it, try my own stuff, and learn new stuff from gameplay . 

The Abilities section of the warframe already gives enough of an insight on how the ability works, I would kind of understand what you want if this "tutorial" could be accessed before you own the warframe (like you said ESO has those tutorial but it has them because you are not able to switch it at will like you do in warframe) but if you already do, why not just test it in the field, you still have to unlock his abilities, new players (low MR) can't really build for that frame without leveling it up and veterans should already know how to.

1 hour ago, Dwolfknight said:

The Abilities section of the warframe already gives enough of an insight on how the ability works, I would kind of understand what you want if this "tutorial" could be accessed before you own the warframe (like you said ESO has those tutorial but it has them because you are not able to switch it at will like you do in warframe) but if you already do, why not just test it in the field, you still have to unlock his abilities, new players (low MR) can't really build for that frame without leveling it up and veterans should already know how to.

I see your point with ability description already available. Makes sense

But my concern is not for veteran players. I am speaking from the perspective of a new player. 
Right now the beginner experience is not fully fleshed out.
DE Steve has started a new account to test beginning gameplay for this reason
DEs goal is to create a full game, and they use the feedback forums on what the game is missing and/or could use